Name This Pup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Hope you guys can help me with this one.
This little guy showed up at my doorstep a little while ago. I thought someone was breaking into my house. Jiggling the door knob, leaning on the door. We couldn't see anything so my son got the flashlight and our Retriever and inspected the back yard. He came around the front side gate, found this little guy shivering at the front door. It wanted in. The little Bandit! ;)

I don't know the breed but he is young and teething. We took his pic on my chair. He's about 12' long with a black stripe down his back.
Cute fat feet :LOL:

I need to contact SPCA's Lost section, but don't know this breed.

Any help you could give would be great. He's a nice little guy and I'm sure wants to be home with his own family. I'll keep him inside for the night and look for his owners in the morning.

Thank you.

Munky

img_945629_0_ba7eb37fa99dae1819792150044ae33c.jpg

img_945629_1_4c492386f164364c1261ef59addf7220.jpg

I've never seen hound dogs in this neighborhood. But I can still check the lost and found. He's one hyper little guy! Weighed him 2LB. Terror Cutie :LOL:

Hope we find his owners to. I don't need or want another dog 3 is enough.

Munky.

I'd love to keep him Babe, But I'd like the owners of this sweet little guy to step up and claim him before I turn him over to the pound.

Unfortunately I can't afford another dog, he's barely weaned from his mother, not fixed and I'm sure hasn't had any shots yet. That costs money.

We have our sons books and tuition to pay for. Just can't do it.

I'm beginning to wonder if he was deliberately dumped at my door. My dogs went wild at the front door. They only do that kind of thing with a reason. I did hear footsteps running on the walkway. My dogs kept telling me something or someone was out there.

Munky.

He is such a cutie that if you can't find his owners, maybe you could put a "free puppy" ad in the paper. Also some shelters will place puppies with foster families while they look for homes. That would be better than some pounds.

:)Barbara

He is so cute, poor baby! Call the ASPCA first if you can't find an owner, he could be fostered and adopted.

I ended up taking a kitty to the no-kill shelter last week when it was so cold. He was a handsome dude, but apparently his owners didn't want him. Collar but no tags.

Better not name him. You name him and he's yours. He's a cutie for sure, I'd take him, but he'd freeze his baby feet off around here.

Better not name him. You name him and he's yours. He's a cutie for sure, I'd take him, but he'd freeze his baby feet off around here.

NOOOOO... I haven't been calling him " Fat Freddie!"

He's fascinated with the doggy door. Smart little guy :LOL:

Munky.

I ended up taking a kitty to the no-kill shelter last week when it was so cold.

As PF did, PLEASE check to see of the shelter you take him to is a no-kill shelter. If not, see if there is a no-kill rescue group in your area.

We are approaching the time of year when shelters get overwhelmed with strays and "don't wants" and they have limited space to keep them.

If you go to PetFinder Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder you can search for local animal welfare groups, most of wich are non-kill and many of which will take him in and put him in a foster home until he finds his "fur-ever" home.

He could be a Chihuahua. cross breed Dutch, Terrior.. Not sure.

The Vets office has noone listed that's lost him.. I wouldn't own up to dumping a pup either. I'd never do that.

They suggested that I contact the local PD. They are in contact with animal controls central guy. I've met him several times before. He's great with locating lost dogs owners. He gives them back but not without lecturing the owners first.

The main A/C has my name and the pups details. They to have nobody looking for him. Were going to take him to the local P/D and have him scanned for a chip. If they can't do it, he's off to our vets office for the scan.

I'm doing what I can. Last thing I want is to watch him being loaded up in the truck. The P/D, Vets office and shelter know he was dumped at my door. They ain't happy. Neither am I. Wish people would take responsibility for their dogs and not dump off the mistakes at my door. I hope they feel real guilty.

People who dump don't feel guilty, but there's a special place for them in the hereafter. I understand about not being able to take in another furbaby. I'm hopeless about going into the cat food place and looking at all the homeless babies and older ones, too.

My dream is to own a property where I can build a "cat house" and foster kitties.

I'd name him Sous Chef, myself! ;)

Perhaps this is the season's way of saying HERE'S YOUR PRESENT!

Hope you find a good place for him.

I'd love to keep him Babe, But I'd like the owners of this sweet little guy to step up and claim him before I turn him over to the pound.

Unfortunately I can't afford another dog, he's barely weaned from his mother, not fixed and I'm sure hasn't had any shots yet. That costs money.

We have our sons books and tuition to pay for. Just can't do it.

I'm beginning to wonder if he was deliberately dumped at my door. My dogs went wild at the front door. They only do that kind of thing with a reason. I did hear footsteps running on the walkway. My dogs kept telling me something or someone was out there.

Munky.

i doubt that the owners will ever show up. charlie , the cat, was dropped in my yard. he looked to be about three months old. i left him out there, supplied with water and food for three days. no one came looking for him so i decided to keep him. he turns out to be a rag doll persian rather than siamese as i thought. people dump animals all the time. i think it sucks. a lot of them just die out in the world. run over or poisoned. anyway i know you feel bad that you can't keep him. i know you will do the right thing for him. you are a kind hearted person. :angel::angel:

Well I tried, did my best. Took him door to door, walked around the block. Checked for chips. Nobody was looking for him. Called friends to find him a home with them. They all said no.

I feel bad calling the dispatcher. They just picked him up. :( Our P/D has an on call animal control officer on duty. We've had 5 Pit bulls, 2 Labs, and 2 Terriors dropped off on this street alone this week. The officer, instead of putting him in a cage, took him upfront with him. Safe and warm. He's being taken to the local no kill SPCA. We've adopted our Lab from them, and know they do care about the health and well being of all the animals. The officer who picked him up immediately liked him, and knew right off he will have no problems being adopted. Freddie had no issues with anything. I told the officer what I had called him. He did jot that name down.

I feel very bad that I couldn't keep him. Do wish Fat Freddie all the best.

Well I tried, did my best. Took him door to door, walked around the block. Checked for chips. Nobody was looking for him. Called friends to find him a home with them. They all said no.

I feel bad calling the dispatcher. They just picked him up. :( Our P/D has an on call animal control officer on duty. We've had 5 Pit bulls, 2 Labs, and 2 Terriors dropped off on this street alone this week. The officer, instead of putting him in a cage, took him upfront with him. Safe and warm. He's being taken to the local no kill SPCA. We've adopted our Lab from them, and know they do care about the health and well being of all the animals. The officer who picked him up immediately liked him, and knew right off he will have no problems being adopted. Freddie had no issues with anything. I told the officer what I had called him. He did jot that name down.

I feel very bad that I couldn't keep him. Do wish Fat Freddie all the best.

Thank you, Munky for giving him love and warmth. You did your best:)

I didn't mind taking him in. It was the least I could do. To try and make it right for him to have a better life then what's been shown him already.
He's just a baby.

Where he is in the heart of this area. I could have chosen another, but not knowing or hearing about them before. I didn't like the shelters location. Really rough place. It was in his best interest that I call the SPCA.

Kind of quiet around here now.. But I'm glad he's off to a good start. I can sleep knowing I did more for him then he will ever know, and I'm ok with that! :)

As a former shelter employee and member of our local humane society now, I will bet you that pup won't have a chance to get used to the shelter--he is very adoptable and will find a home in no time! He isn't my kind of dog, but lots of folks love little dogs like him. He will find a place before Christmas, I am sure.

Usually shelters/humane societies are in sort of shady or industrial areas of town--residential areas do not want 50 or 100 barking dogs next door--so don't judge them on that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom