Name TV chefs / cooks from days gone by ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoMama

Senior Cook
Name TV chefs / cooks
you remember from days gone by.

img_786853_0_cb13da4ff902f528ad11ef2791e07fec.gif

Justin Wilson, Graham Kerr, Nathalie Dupree, Marcel Desalinier, Two Hot Tamales

'The Everyday Gourmet' - Kathleen Perry

'Galloping Gourmet' - Graham Keer

'Frugal Gourmet' - Jeff Smith

Justin Wilson ... the Cajun chef

[ Scratching head ... will think of more. ]

Not a specific chef, but the "Great Chefs of the World" on PBS in the late 80's was a wonderful program. I was first introduced to Jacques Pepin on that program.

Pierre Franey
Martin Yan who is still on pbs
Rene Verdon the White House Chef

kadesma

I loved the Two Fat Ladies. Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson. There were not much of their recipes that I would cook, I just liked watching them. Justin Wilson would do great up to a point. He was always fixing something that just looked delicious, then add this one ingredient that would blow it. I remember on day he was fixing Potato Salad. I looked great until he added smoked ham. Just a personal preference not to have ham in my potato salad.

I was a fan of Julia Child’s until I saw an interview she did with one of the big TV News Anchors on one of their magazine programs. It was done in her kitchen at home, and she was preparing a meal for the man. She had to keep pushing her numerous cats off of the counter top to get to the food that she had prepped. Don’t get me wrong. We have a dog (Beagle), 2 guinea pigs and a turtle in the house. We have 1 cat, but feed 3 outside. Could not handle the cats on the counter tops. Disgusting.

I'm glad to see that you mentioned Marcel. He's mostly known for his chocolate TV series, but in fact his restaurant in Williamsburg was just wonderful for everything. If we were going on a day trip, we always scheduled lunch there.

There was an English show that was called something like "Floyd on ...." I know there are some English among us, does anyone remember this show?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom