Nap time..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never used to take naps until my pain levels exploded in January. Now, since all I do is catch little "naps" through the night, I always take one in the morning and afternoon after I have taken my pain meds. They usually last only 20 minutes or so, but sometimes can be two hours....longer than I sleep in one go at night.

Depends on the day..... but I try not to. Makes me feel like I didn't get anything productive done.
I work weekends, and I get up at 3 am those days..... Saturday I can do without but by Sunday I'm zonked cuz we usually do something saturday when I'm done and stay too long.....
Otherwise during the week I usually get up at 4, and actually the lazier I am in the morning the more I tend to pass out at my daughter's naptime.
Problem solved.... I just try not to sit down all morning!!!

Before I started working again I napped every day at 2:00pm...
now I'm lucky if I can squeeze one in on Sunday afternoon. :( love my naps.

If the nap is a "nap" with DH, then I'm all for it, but if it's the actual sleep-type nap, no thanks!

DH and I take a siesta nearly every day, especially this time of year, when it is so hot. Most businesses here close for siesta from 2-4 every afternoon, then re-open from 4-8. We usually eat lunch around 1:30, sleep from 2-3:30, then get up and have some iced coffee. Oh, I know, I know - it is a hard life. (Hey, we did work REALLY hard before we retired - honest.)

DH and I take a siesta nearly every day, especially this time of year, when it is so hot. Most businesses here close for siesta from 2-4 every afternoon, then re-open from 4-8. We usually eat lunch around 1:30, sleep from 2-3:30, then get up and have some iced coffee. Oh, I know, I know - it is a hard life. (Hey, we did work REALLY hard before we retired - honest.)

looks like my nap time is back. for two weeks couldn't seem to drift off. i am so glad, it really perks me up to have a nap.

we would be smart to start the siesta habit here in u.s.

babe:sleep::sleep:

I don't take naps.
Rather, I wake up from slumber to attend to various things throughout the day.
;)

Hey, I like your thinking!!:LOL:

I take one every Sunday. It's about that time too. If I don't, I'm worn by Tuesday. And of course, if I'm sick I will anytime.

Never have been much of a napper. When I worked in the hospital I would put my head down for about 15 minutes in the nurse's lounge to recharge, but that's about it.

Until Buck died last week, I usually got about 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night, so a nap wasn't really necessary. Now, my sleep is all messed up. As in...I don't sleep. Maybe 3 hours per night if I'm lucky.

As a result, I've been taking a 2-hour nap in the recliner midmorning and another midafternoon. That seems to stave off being too tired.

(((Katie))) sweetheart, it might well take a while to get things running smoothly.

I used to be an insomniac till got ill afew years ago: the biggst symptom at first was that I slept and slept and slept. I am now pretty much perfect and sleep a lot more than I used to.

DH is a napper at it drive me potty, he can nap on the undergrund or a bus, even if he' ony on it to or three stops. He loves to nap and is always trying to get me to nap with him at weekends. We're only 29! He also has that enviable skill of falling asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow, leaving me a little bit envious and lonely next to him, lol

Never have been much of a napper. When I worked in the hospital I would put my head down for about 15 minutes in the nurse's lounge to recharge, but that's about it.

Until Buck died last week, I usually got about 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night, so a nap wasn't really necessary. Now, my sleep is all messed up. As in...I don't sleep. Maybe 3 hours per night if I'm lucky.

As a result, I've been taking a 2-hour nap in the recliner midmorning and another midafternoon. That seems to stave off being too tired.
Katie, you might try taking melatonin for a while. It works really well for me when my sleep is messed up. It's cheap and you can get it pretty much anywhere in the nutritional supplements section. Even if you tried it when you were younger, it might work even better now since the amount of melatonin our body produces diminishes as we age. HTH

I was never a napper before. I would get up at 5am and go until around 10pm or so no problems, sometimes later.
Now, I usually end up getting very tired sometime in the afternoon and need a nap, but can only take one if Abby takes one, which is not very often, so I end up kinda dragging for the rest of the day.

Back
Top Bottom