Need a critique

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not going to use the Russian theme, you still need to relate the cityscape with your title. so far, they don't relate at all.

What exactly are you looking to get across to the person viewing this?
Gothic and vampire feel, horror feel. This movie poster would be a rated R "also I'm going for a lost boys - blade cross over feel.

Anyways here is what I have so far. And yes that's a black out over the text, I did that to protect my folks names. My teacher told us we had to use real names but fake titles.

679767717_RxTvY-X3.jpg

Gothic and vampire feel, horror feel. This movie poster would be a rated R "also I'm going for a lost boys - blade cross over feel.
I guess I just do not see how what you have portrays what you are going for. Other than the bloody lettering, what about what you have portrays "vampire"? What about it is gothic? It actually looks the opposite of gothic. You have a futuristic looking building (that loos like it was copied and pasted) that is towering above everything else and looks to be about 10 miles tall. How does that fit in with your gothic theme? I am not familiar with blade so I can't talk to that, but what about this says Lost Boys to you? I do not see a single thing in here that would make me think Lost Boys. Lost Boys was a teenage vampire movie from the 80's set in CA. What elements of your poster have to do with anything like that or anything else that would say Lost Boys to someone looking at it?

I guess I just do not see how what you have portrays what you are going for. Other than the bloody lettering, what about what you have portrays "vampire"? What about it is gothic? It actually looks the opposite of gothic. You have a futuristic looking building (that loos like it was copied and pasted) that is towering above everything else and looks to be about 10 miles tall. How does that fit in with your gothic theme? I am not familiar with blade so I can't talk to that, but what about this says Lost Boys to you? I do not see a single thing in here that would make me think Lost Boys. Lost Boys was a teenage vampire movie from the 80's set in CA. What elements of your poster have to do with anything like that or anything else that would say Lost Boys to someone looking at it?
Well it's a spoof, The teacher wanted a spoof of our favorite movie in the horror genera. And now that you metioned that about the building I think your right.

Grrr, It's kind of late to redo everything though since the deadline is veryclose.

How is this spoofing anything though. There needs to be some connection to what you are spoofing and other than the text, nothing about the images relate to anything you mentioned above or anything you want to spoof. How is an image of a city at night from far above a spoof of an 80's teen vampire movie or anything else you listed?

yep, GB, that's what I've been saying, the images need to relate to the text, to what CC wants to portray, not something that only relates inside his own head.
Nothing about it, except for the bloody lettering, relates to the title.
and if you, CC, were to spend time implementing suggestions instead of chatting online, defending what you are doing, you might get something done.

Think of it this way CC. It you removed the text and were just left with the graphics, and you asked someone off the street what this poster was about, what would they say? I would be willing to bet a my salary for a year that not a single person would say vampires, lost boys, or anything gothic.

Ok, I've been searching for the right 80's feel city picture and I think I've found it.

I want your opinions please? After the next post I think I will go and play halo for a while clear my head. And come back with some fresh idea's

679806883_iPkyJ-X3.jpg

Oh and Alix I didn't see your post, Thanks I don't think I''ve spelled it correctly!

By the way this is Chicago, least people be able to recognize it!

You are STILL making the connection in your OWN head, not on paper. The cityscape STILL does not relate to the title.
The viewer of your poster is NOT making a connection to the title.
BTW, have you found your college's tutoring office yet? They all have them. I would recommend you go there instead of playing video games if you want to get this project done.

Just like the other one, there is nothing about this that says 80's. CC, what do you see in this picture that says 80's to you? Someone off the street looking at this would not know what decade it was from. Is it the 80's, 90's, 00's? There is nothing in the photo distinguishing it as 80's. Also the picture is horribly warped.

What does a modern visual of Chicago have to do with "Son of Dracula"? There's absolutely no connection whatsoever. And since my husband & I are hard-core classic horror film fans & have a book & video library of pretty much every classic film produced, I know from whence I speak.

You cannot even hope to make a "spoof" if there's no original connection to begin with. I'm kind of thinking you need to wake up more in class, because surely there was something covered there before this assignment was made. Class assignments aren't made willy-nilly; they're assigned so that you can implement what you've learned in the class. I really can't see that you've grasped the point. Agree with Wyogal that perhaps you need to go back to the instructor for some pointers. And if it's too late to do that, whose fault is that? By the time one has reached college-level stuff, procrastination should have long been on a back burner somewhere. And the fact that you need to go play video games rather than work on this says an awful lot about your work ethic here.

OK lets lay off the criticism of CC's work ethic and paying attention in class. That is not what this thread is about Please keep all comments related to critiquing his project, not critiquing him.

Okay. Here's a BIG "hint". Have you watched the original versions of "Frankenstein" & "Bride of Frankenstein"? And then have you watched Mel Brooks' "Young Frankenstein?" "Young Frankenstein" is a SPOOF of the preceding 2 movies. Does that in any way sort of give you an idea of how your "Son of Dracula" movie poster is not a spoof of anything?

What does a modern visual of Chicago have to do with "Son of Dracula"? There's absolutely no connection whatsoever. And since my husband & I are hard-core classic horror film fans & have a book & video library of pretty much every classic film produced, I know from whence I speak.

You cannot even hope to make a "spoof" if there's no original connection to begin with. I'm kind of thinking you need to wake up more in class, because surely there was something covered there before this assignment was made. Class assignments aren't made willy-nilly; they're assigned so that you can implement what you've learned in the class. I really can't see that you've grasped the point. Agree with Wyogal that perhaps you need to go back to the instructor for some pointers. And if it's too late to do that, whose fault is that? By the time one has reached college-level stuff, procrastination should have long been on a back burner somewhere. And the fact that you need to go play video games rather than work on this says an awful lot about your work ethic here.
Not trying to be mean but I have a 4.0 in this class as of right now, so I've been paying attention in it. And now since I've got some r&r I can rethink my assignment.

By the way Our assignment was right on the money, however he said we can dow hat ever we wanted too. I can scan in the assinment. and I got this thursday plus next thursday to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom