Need a prayer or hug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kadesma.....I wish you love, I wish you strength....it can't be easy for you...take care and know that whatever you do, you're doing with love in your heart for all concerned.

Kadesma, you are a wonderful daughter. Holding you and your mother close in my heart, my prayers, and my hugs.

:heart:Dakota Rose

Thank you Marge..You are indeed a special friend. You know, just having you to talk with is a gift. What little I did, has come back double. I would love to have you close by, not so mcuh to help, but just to look up and get a smile..Thanks Marge..for being here for me.
hugs,
kadesma

ella/TO said:
Kadesma.....I wish you love, I wish you strength....it can't be easy for you...take care and know that whatever you do, you're doing with love in your heart for all concerned.
Thank you ella, your kind words, are making this much easier. If ever you need someone to talk with..I'm here.

kadesma

Dakota Rose said:
Kadesma, you are a wonderful daughter. Holding you and your mother close in my heart, my prayers, and my hugs.

:heart:Dakota Rose
Thank you Dakota Rose, you're as beautiful as your name..Your prayers and hugs mean more than you know...Bless you.

kadesma

Here are hugs from my pair and I...

Attachments

• hugs.jpg
    hugs.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 172
you are in my thoughts

dearest Kadesma

You are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

I do know what you are going though since about 6 mos ago my Mom died (at age 96) after a lengthy (15 year) bout with dementia. During this time I was the only living child and therefore had to shoulder responsibilities and make many decisions on her behalf.

On a practical level, I can only say that dementia is an irreversible deterioriation of the brain. Meds cannot reverse it; supplementary oxygen supply to the brain can help (just a simple breathing tube connected to an oxygen tank).

On an emotional level - I know how devastating this can be. I don't want to go into it here, but if you ever want to PM me, please do so. I will always be willing to help and share.

yours - SF

Last edited:
Dearest Kadesma...you are doing something that I'm afraid I could never do. I am so uncomfortable around "sick" people. I just never feel like I know the right thing to say or do. I bless your strength...and love for your family. Just remember to plan time for yourself too...(you will need it to keep your best foot forward the rest of the time) and also to keep the "smile" that the rest of the family will need. Your strength will be their comfort...so take care of yourself first. We all love you...hugs and prayers.

cj, nothing can be harder than to make those type of life decisions. Keep looking on the positive side. Don't forget to make some time for yourself. You are one terrific lady for caring for your family like you do. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Lots of hugs and love from your friend,

JLT

corazon90 said:
Here are hugs from my pair and I...
Oh Cora, thank you what great hugs..Your boys look so much like my Cade I it just tickles me..The three of you are dears..hugs back to you.

kadesma

middie said:
kadesma I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. You have
unlimited hugs and prayers from me.
Thank you Middie, you are so sweet and giving..Your hugs are so very welcom to me..If ever I can return them..I'm here.

kadesma

subfuscpersona said:
dearest Kadesma

You are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

I do know what you are going though since about 6 mos ago my Mom died (at age 96) after a lengthy (15 year) bout with dementia. During this time I was the only living child and therefore had to shoulder responsibilities and make many decisions on her behalf.

On a practical level, I can only say that dementia is an irreversible deterioriation of the brain. Meds cannot reverse it; supplementary oxygen supply to the brain can help (just a simple breathing tube connected to an oxygen tank).

On an emotional level - I know how devastating this can be. I don't want to go into it here, but if you ever want to PM me, please do so. I will always be willing to help and share.

yours - SF
SF,
I have a lot to learn and deal with and I welcome any advice you can give me. Will PM soon..Need to get myself pulled together and be ready to face what comes. Thank you so much for sharing with me, it makes me feel so much less alone..I do know that meds won't reverse it, doctor is hoping to put things on hold...Mom's dementia is caused from old heart problems and high blood pressure..Thanks again..you're much appreciated.
hugs,
kadesma

SierraCook said:
cj, nothing can be harder than to make those type of life decisions. Keep looking on the positive side. Don't forget to make some time for yourself. You are one terrific lady for caring for your family like you do. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Lots of hugs and love from your friend,

JLT
JLT,
thanks for being here for me..The response today from all of you has, brought me so much comfort. How nice it is to have all of you rally round me with all this kindness..I will take care of me, how can I not with all of you pulling for me..I feel so lucky to have such a dear friend as you..Thank you for your support, your love and those warm hugs.
Love and hugs back to you,
cj

Kadesma, so sorry to read/hear about the stress and worry everyone in your family is going thru. Big hugs to you and yours. Hopefully the meds will help, with little or no side effects. Give it some time and follow up with the doc.

If I may make some suggestions? "Homes" are not what they used to be, or so I've heard. There are several solutions, but it takes some homework/calling around.

First I would suggest looking into a Caregiver, check the yellow pages. They come to the home and perform many tasks, not cheap, but it's one way to go and still be independent.

In home supportive services (IHSS), through the county, will come to the home, but one must be low income - check her insurance policy - Medicare etc. One does not have to be bedridden to apply for services.

Independent Living Centers - Look on line or in the yellow pages.

Retirement communities - My cuz, who is far from being retired, told me she has picked out a gated community in Florida - access to the beach, activities...I did some poking around on realtor.com, & I'll tell you, some of these places look like you can have a little house on a golf course, access to everything, and a spectacular view.

Check around on the internet, etc., and have them send you brochures, and set up an appt and take mom to take a look. I'm thinking about going myself, right now - that's how appealing some of them look -- and a lot less money than what I'm paying for a condo in L.A. with none of the amenities offered.

Call Dept of the Aging/Aged and local Senior Centers - get a case worker.

I wish the best for you and yours. :) Keep us posted.

Last edited:
I am thinking of you and praying for the situtation to improve, sorry things are so down for you right now... :)

Thanks Mish,
I'll look into these things. It was so sweet of you to find all these ideas for me. I was'nt sure where to begin..You're a good friend.

kadesma

Thanks you for the prayers Kim, they mean a lot to me. I'm so glad you've become a part of this wonderful family.

kadesma

yikes, Kadesma - taking care of the grandkids and now Mom.

Sorry I came to this post so late. This has to be heartbreaking for you. Please vent away as much as you need to. We are all pulling for you. Wish I had some wonderful advice but right now I don't.

hugs,
mudbug

Kadesma,
You have all the prayers coming your way and a big hug to you. Know that we all have difficult times in all sorts of ways but that God does not give us more than we can take.

Back
Top Bottom