Need Feedback on my Recipe Site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooker81

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone. I hope your evening is going well.

I've spent the past week scouring the Internet for soup recipes. I think if I see or hear one more thing about soup I'm going to go crazy.

What I would like is to get some feedback from you fine folks on this website I've buillt, SoupRecipePro.com . What do you like about it, hate about it, what do you think needs to be added to it, etc. Any and all critiques are more than welcome. I would very much appreciate and value your honest opinion - and whether or not it's something you think you would use.

Basically the site revolves around the custom search engine I have built, and the fact that you can type in ingredients and press search and lots of recipes will show up with those ingredients in them. Do you think this is a useful site?

THANK YOU!

-Jack

Sorry, but this is really no different than a regular Google search. I wouldn't use it it as it just adds another step to any search.

Sorry, but this is really no different than a regular Google search. I wouldn't use it it as it just adds another step to any search.

Ditto from me.

I'm curious about your time consuming motivation to do this, and what you hoped to accomplish?

If you like to discuss cooking, then welcome and I hope you stick around.

I'm curious about your time consuming motivation to do this, and what you hoped to accomplish?

Well, I am working hard at getting it done right because I believe it could be a valuable service to people. If you go to SoupRecipePro.com/about you can see an example of a Google search for a recipe vs. a search on my site. The search on Google primarily gives you links that are lists of recipes, and so you end up going through all those lists trying to find the right recipe. On my site, you type in your ingredients, and 1) ONLY single recipes are returned in the results and 2) Most of the time those recipes will include your desired ingredients.

The site is not finished yet...I'll get back to it Monday morning. ;-)

Well, I am working hard at getting it done right because I believe it could be a valuable service to people. If you go to SoupRecipePro.com/about you can see an example of a Google search for a recipe vs. a search on my site.

I'm rather puzzled as in your OP you say your site is called SoupRecipePro.com but putting that into Google only brings up your question as in the OP here, plus the same question asked on another Forum.

It also brings up things in a blog with the same name, which doesn't appear to be yours, as you say:

The site is not finished yet...I'll get back to it Monday morning. ;-)
So how can we say what we think of your website when it doesn't appear to exist? Just uses a name which already exists.
a078.gif

Last edited:
Well, I am working hard at getting it done right because I believe it could be a valuable service to people. If you go to SoupRecipePro.com/about you can see an example of a Google search for a recipe vs. a search on my site. The search on Google primarily gives you links that are lists of recipes, and so you end up going through all those lists trying to find the right recipe. On my site, you type in your ingredients, and 1) ONLY single recipes are returned in the results and 2) Most of the time those recipes will include your desired ingredients.

But I WANT to get multiple choices, not just one recipe. I know this must be really demoralizing to read all these negative comments, but I think you have overthought this concept. Let's say I want to find a soup recipe using potatoes and cheese. There is no ONE right recipe for a potato cheese soup. I want to look at several variations before I decide which one to use. I wouldn't put too much more energy into creating this website, especially if you hope to sell advertising on it. It's too narrow and limited to be useful to most folks searching for a recipe.
Again, I can imagine how crappy it feels to hear this and I'm sorry for that.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. My site returns a list of specific recipes, most all with the exact ingredients you searched for. The same search on Google primarily returns a list of lists. You can see an example at SoupRecipePro.com/about .

I'm rather puzzled as in your OP you say your site is called SoupRecipePro.com but putting that into Google only brings up your question as in the OP here, plus the same question asked on another Forum.

It also brings up things in a blog with the same name, which doesn't appear to be yours, as you say:

So how can we say what we think of your website when it doesn't appear to exist? Just uses a name which already exists.
a078.gif

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. My site exists (just type it into your browser), it's just not listed in Google yet. I would post the link to it here but Im not sure if that's allowed as part of thus forum's rules.

I guess the distinction between your site and Google is lost on me. Perhaps it's just the way I look for recipes. I usually only have one ingredient or genre in mind and I like to look at all the recipes that come up.
I'm sure there are others who would really love your website. I wish you all the best with it.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. My site exists (just type it into your browser), it's just not listed in Google yet. I would post the link to it here but Im not sure if that's allowed as part of thus forum's rules.

I have typed the name of your site, as given by you, into four different browsers. I have tried it as general worldwide, as US only, as UK only, as Europe only, as Australia only - and I cannot find "your" website".

SoupRecipePro.com - the name you say is your site, is the name on a blog which isn't yours.

Sorry, but your website does not appear to exist, and in any case I do know how to make soup so wouldn't be interested in yet another "search engine" to find a recipe.

The web is full of them as it is.

SoupRecipePro.com - the name you say is your site, is the name on a blog which isn't yours.

I'm sorry, and really perplexed at the problem you are having accessing the site. I'm also curious what you mean when you say "SoupRecipePro.com...is the name on a blog which isn't yours"?

Back
Top Bottom