Need help finding schematics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Because of a temporary flooding in my basement, which has been taken care of, the blower motor for my furnace was ruined. I have since purchased a replacement motor of the same horsepower and rpm rating that runs off of the same voltage as the original motor. The problem I'm having is that the wiring harness of the new motor isn't quite the same as it was in the original (slightly different motor. The new motor is and Emerson K55HXGAJ-8049. The original motor had the following color-coded wires - Blue, Black, White, Red, and two brown wires. The brown wires were connected together through a capacitor.

The new motor has Black, White, Red, and 1 brown wire, with two purple wires attached from another location on the motor.

I need schematics for the new motor so that I can correctly connect this motor to my furnace.

I know this has nothing to do with food, but I'm hoping that someone on DC has some familiarity with the furnace blower motors, or can point me at Tech Support. I've had little luck finding the proper tech-support for this item.

Thanks in advance. I offer my 4 cookbooks as payment, sent by email.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief, maybe this will help. This link gives wiring information for a Lennox 60L22, made by US Motors (used to be Emerson). The model number is K55HXHGB-8639 and it looks like a 5-speed. I'm assuming yours is a 3-speed, judging by the number of leads.

Based on the information provided, this would be my guess:

• Green Wire: Ground
  • White Wire: Common
  • Black Wire: High Speed
  • Brown Wire: Medium Speed
  • Red Wire: Low Speed
  • Purple Wires (Qty:2): Capacitor

What do you think? Green, white, and purple are fairly certain. Worst case, you might have to play around to get the speeds matched up properly.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I now have a working furnace again. This makes the wife happy and me overheated. She likes the indoor temperature at 72'F, a little too warm for my liking. I'm a 68-69 kind of guy. But that's ok. Natural gas is so much cheaper than electric space heaters.

Again, thanks. I'm going to have to dig into my bag of recipes and throw out a dandy. Anyone want the truly delicious, and make the kids laugh - Dirty-Soup? It's a hoot and a great practical joke that is entirely harmless.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks everyone. I now have a working furnace again. This makes the wife happy and me overheated. She likes the indoor temperature at 72'F, a little too warm for my liking. I'm a 68-69 kind of guy. But that's ok. Natural gas is so much cheaper than electric space heaters.

Again, thanks. I'm going to have to dig into my bag of recipes and throw out a dandy. Anyone want the truly delicious, and make the kids laugh - Dirty-Soup? It's a hoot and a great practical joke that is entirely harmless.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief. Sorry I never saw your post until today. Good job on getting it up and running.
Hope you don't need these links, but I'm certain they may come in handy in the future. I hope not!

This is a forum for DIY electrical. I know you are an engineer, but this might be helpful as there are several good motor guys participating.

Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Below is the EASA handbook that will have every NEMA motor listed with frame and wiring instructions (schematics). It is here you can verify colors without numbers and numbers without colors.
Single phase starts on page 8.

http://www.goevans.com/filesSite/EHB_pgs0803.pdf

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom