Need help with auction item

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
Well my daughter came home from school yesterday and told me she needs an item for her school band/chior to auction off and she needs it by Thursday. I am very limited money wise. It doesn't have to be food, just something to auction off. Anyone with any ideas for something quick easy and cheap?

Well my daughter came home from school yesterday and told me she needs an item for her school band/chior to auction off and she needs it by Thursday. I am very limited money wise. It doesn't have to be food, just something to auction off. Anyone with any ideas for something quick easy and cheap?

I'd look at this as a decluttering opportunity ;) Look around your house - do you have a knickknack, or a collectible, or a serving dish or kitchen gadget that's in good shape that you don't use much? Or a gift someone gave you that you don't like or use? Give her that :)

When I was in school, we auctioned off the students to pay for choir robes. Babysitting and lawncare services. For me, it worked out great since an awesome family (who paid really well) bid on me to babysit for their 2 kids. I was their regular sitter for several years and we are all still friends all these years later.

I was just going to say Babysitting... or housesitting... pet sitting.. all good ideas.

It is quite a large auction,lots of people you don't know,so I don't think personal things would work.

If your daughter is outgoing, she could go to her hairstylist and ask her to donate a cut & color for this good cause. Usually they'll go for it, because the person who wins will generally end up as a regular client.
Also, it's good marketing for the salon.

If your daughter is outgoing, she could go to her hairstylist and ask her to donate a cut & color for this good cause. Usually they'll go for it, because the person who wins will generally end up as a regular client.
Also, it's good marketing for the salon.
Great suggestion, jkath! Also maybe a nail salon or a local restaurant you frequent might be willing to donate a gift certificate to be auctioned. Great publicity and certainly fosters community goodwill.

This is such a pain, this is the 5th year i've had to do this. I guess I've just run out of original things. This is probably the biggest fundraiser that involves the school and they have done it forever, most of the businesses in the community donate already. I tried to do that last year because I had to have 2 item.(both girls in band and choir)
I'm thinking a basket of some sort, a few things I can get at the dollar store to go in it. Any ideas along that line.

Thanks Got Garlic. That was the perfect link, I think I'm going to go with a movie night thing, dvd,popcorn,hot cocoa. Thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom