Need help with North Carolina vacation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, The owners are Sharon and Freddie Trube. She is my husband Paul's Niece. If you go in again tell her you know me from here. It is funny..I stayed overnight with her last June..she calls Kitchenelf.."Kitchenmouse" LOL. Forgot to tell you that Elf....hehehe it use to be the only door into the resturant was in the back
. They have expanded it three times. Now it is off of the main drag. Everything is fresh and imported from Germany. Her husband Freddie is from Munich Germany. The are really good people. I have known her for 54 years..telling on both of us....
Marge

I grew up in Western North Carolina in the foothills so I've been to the mountains frequently in my younger day. I think I would go for the outerbanks; unless something has drastically changed it would be restful - I could sit for hours with a breeze coming off the ocean just watching and listening to the waves rolling in. There is something that suggests the eternal about the ocean. But so do the mountains. Finding the right accomodations might be a trick at the moment unless you go after labor day.
Enjoy the Tar Heel state! Let us know.

Yes, The owners are Sharon and Freddie Trube. She is my husband Paul's Niece. If you go in again tell her you know me from here. It is funny..I stayed overnight with her last June..she calls Kitchenelf.."Kitchenmouse" LOL. Forgot to tell you that Elf....hehehe it use to be the only door into the resturant was in the back
. They have expanded it three times. Now it is off of the main drag. Everything is fresh and imported from Germany. Her husband Freddie is from Munich Germany. The are really good people. I have known her for 54 years..telling on both of us....
Marge
What's the name of the restaurant? I get to Ashville a few times a year. Nest time I'm down there I'll try it out

mouse-ville. :cool:

thanks for the link, adillo. i'll check it out.

david, we're going for the beach, if we go. lol, if mountains AND oceans are eternal, what's temporary?

cities? :)

Personally, I stay in Duck. It's a bit north but quiet and quaint. Not quite as touristy as some of the other areas. There are many places to stay there. My family has a time share at Barrier Island Station. Don't know if they have rentals. You may be able to get just a week if someone isn't using their unit and wants to rent it out.

I like Duck, and generally stay at Ships Watch. Off season, which is from mid September on, rates are not too bad, but you have to rent for a week. Off season, don't be afraid to make an offer. A lot of places are vacant. I don't know of too many overnight accommodations in Duck, Corolla, etc. Most of these are around Nags Head. When pricing, remember that you are typically renting a large, fully equipped home.

I used to live in Southeastern Virginia, so the Outer Banks area was the closest. It has definitely gotten more commercial over the years, but there are still plenty of areas to get away from it all. It really depends on how much activity you want. If you are going in the fall, keep in mind there's a chance of hurricanes. Corolla and Duck are probably the quietest, Kitty Hawk and Nags Head are busier.

mouse-ville. :cool:

thanks for the link, adillo. i'll check it out.

david, we're going for the beach, if we go. lol, if mountains AND oceans are eternal, what's temporary?

cities? :)

mouse-ville is VERY temporary :glare: But the food is good! :-p

You're having a little too much fun with this "mouse" thing! ;)

Back
Top Bottom