Need prayers for family friend....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi guys,
I just got this letter from my next door neighbor...Please add your good thoughts to mine.

Thanks, T

Dear Friends,

Last night my very small Family received some horrific news. I'm reaching out to ALL of you this morning for your help in prayer.

As most of you know my oldest daughter, Amanda, has been dating the same young man, Scott, for near three years now. In this time we have grown close to his family as they have so graciously taken the four of us into their fold.

Last evening as bedtime approached Scott received bad news from his Dad. Apparently Scott's cousin, Kirk, had been snow shoeing on Mt. Rainier with a buddy and was swept away by an avalanche. Kirk's buddy was about 15ft ahead of him and was able to dig out. Some other hikers heard him calling out for Kirk and came to help. None of them had a cell phone. They searched the snow for hours while one of the hikers made his way to the Ranger station. Because of the weather and darkness the S&R team could not go in to look for Kirk. Scott's family quickly assembled and drove down to Mt. Rainier last night. Kirk's Mom included. His Dad is in Virginia on a business trip and trying to get home.

Kirk is a college student, working part time and living at home with his folks while trying to take his place in life. He's a good kid and has the biggest of smiles. I celebrated Thanksgiving with this young man, watched him interact with family, heck, I even put my foot in his size 13 sneaker and joked with him. I had the weirdest feeling while talking to him that day. Almost like the time we shared had stopped.

Friends, this is just awful news for us. And just before our most sacred holiday. I've been praying for this young man's safe return most all the night. I didn't know what else to do until earlier this morning.

I've never started a prayer chain before. I'm not quite sure what to do. I suppose there is no trick to it other than to say, "Friends, I need your help" Let's all pray for Kirk and the good folks trying to find him. God, please help these good people in their time of need.

If you have more friends of faith who will do the same, pass the word along. Let's pray for Kirk's safe return. It's been 18 hours.

With love and faith,
Cheryl

How awful, pdswife! I can't imagine one of my loved ones literally lost in the cold. Of course, I'll be thinking and praying for Kirk and all of those who love him.

pdswife, please consider my hopeful prayers (for a miraculous rescue) joined to those of everyone else.
Unfortunately I will not be able to keep track of your news until the New Year but send you care and concern for the forseeable future.

Thanks... the news just reported on this... he's not been found yet...

Unity

Let's all pray for Kirk and the good folks trying to find him. God, please help these good people in their time of need.

i will surely do as she suggests. God, please help these good people in their time of need. God hears every prayer and I am also asking that the parents be given strength to accept his return. My hope is that they do locate him soon. Such a very sad time. Can only put myself in their place and pray for God's protection everyday.

I truly find it interesting how God's people form a connection when there is a need. My prayers go places I have only heard of and never been there. As long as our God is there. That is what I ask and pray.

Please keep us informed. May God bless you pdswife for reaching out.

And here I am whining about my son's accident! I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!!
Please let us know of news.

Trish,
the young man and his family has all the prayers and good thoughts I can muster...I'm so sorry for this hurt they are having.
kadesma

that is awful. at Christmas. oh, I am so sorry.
Dear Lord, keep this precious family and these wonderful individuals in Your gracious care and constant watch. Please Lord, comfort them and control this situation while giving each and every one peace. Your will be done, Amen.

And here I am whining about my son's accident! I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!!
Please let us know of news.

TG...get this! you were not whining; From everything I read here I know this to be a Family. Families share. That's not considered whining. I'm absolutely certain that pdswife would concur with this. :)

Texas Girl - Csalt is right. One horrific situation doesn't rob another of its own level of horror. You are allowed to be upset about your son's situation.

PDSwife, I am sure you are supporting your neighbour fully. Let's hope that news of Kirk is swift and full of good tidings. All the best to Cheryl's extended "family".

PDSwife, I am adding Kirk to my prayers, along with his family and the s&r teams that are out there. Thank you for thinking of us. Love and Faith. Dawn T P.S. Please give your neighbor and yourself a hug for me. Dawn

Thanks Dawn... They still haven't found him.
It's really way to sad and to happen just a few days before Christmas
is sadder even still.

Thanks for your prayers.

pds, Think positively!! The cold can slow the body down to where Kirk can survive quite a long time and there are always air pockets in the snowcover. Love and Faith and Lots of Hugs, Dawn

I read LT72884's post about his girl just missing an avalanche in Utah when I remembered this tread. Thought I'd see if there was an update. Any news pdswife?

Back
Top Bottom