Never Have I Ever …

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
… built a for real Snowman, until today!!!

View attachment 33749

View attachment 33750

I'm sure that I didn't do it right,
but it sure was FUN!!!

DH was napping and I just couldn't stay inside any longer,
so I did not get any in-service training in this matter,
but he said it looked good and that
we'll make another one tomorrow out front :clap:

A bit of a snow blob, but not bad for a first time.:D

We get snow here every few years. Nobody shovels it, except from my 86-year-old neighbor. I used to beg her not to do it, but now I just let her go. I'm not going to do it. We neighbors offer to get her mail and bring it to the door, but she insists on shoveling the walkways and the driveway. She's not going anywhere, since the streets down't get plowed, so why shovel the driveway?

The last significant snow we got was about 7 inches in my part of Dallas. I still had my A6 allroad, so I had fun driving the country roads playing "snowplow." That's how I got my favorite snow photo (below). It hasn't snowed since I got my MINI, and if it does, I'm staying home.

CD

Attachments

• SnowDay.jpg
    SnowDay.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 195
I just found this on my computer. Someone made this "Mexican" snowman a few blocks from my house. It was a "legal" snowman, since it was born in "Merca." :rolleyes::LOL:

CD

Attachments

• Snowman800600.jpg
    Snowman800600.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 140
I just found this on my computer. Someone made this "Mexican" snowman a few blocks from my house. It was a "legal" snowman, since it was born in "Merca." :rolleyes::LOL:

CD

Love it!!!!:LOL::LOL:

I also love looking at all these beautiful pictures of snow. Thank you everyone from someone that is tired of seeing the same ol', same ol' every day. I hope you all with the "FOUR SEASONS" appreciate them. ;)

I bought a cordless electric shovel (Snow Joe). I finally get to try it out this morning.

Never heard of this before. Sounds nifty. I would love to hear all about it after you try it out.

The snow we got was 4 inches of huge fluffy flakes, using the "shovel" just tossed it in the air and it whirled around back on the sidewalk. Finished the job with a broom. It will do better with a heavy, wet snow.

I showed this to DH and he exclaimed,
"If we need one of those, we're moving back to Hawaii!"
:LOL:

In my case I am not allowed to shovel snow (heart patient), and a snow blower is too big, I thought this would be perfect for my small walk. Starting to think I would have been better off with a cordless leaf blower.

Will try the shovel again when we get a heavier snow.

The snow we got was 4 inches of huge fluffy flakes, using the "shovel" just tossed it in the air and it whirled around back on the sidewalk. Finished the job with a broom. It will do better with a heavy, wet snow.

In my case I am not allowed to shovel snow (heart patient), and a snow blower is too big, I thought this would be perfect for my small walk. Starting to think I would have been better off with a cordless leaf blower.

Will try the shovel again when we get a heavier snow.

Our snow fall was the same, big, fluffy flakes and I said the same thing, let's use the leaf blower!

Miss Neighbor-Across-The-Street is from California had NEVER seen anything like this. She sent me a text and asked why we were shoveling snow, "what's the point? I don't get it."

Well, today she sent me another text, asking if she could borrow our shovel so she could clear her drive and get out; she was out of dog food!

DH and I "suited up" and went across the street to dig her out :ohmy:

She had never shoveled snow and took a turn; between the three of us, we knocked it out in an hour and a half.

Ice had formed under the snow, so I went and got my trusty steel bow rake to break it up and then shovel, smart, yeah me :D

Never have I ever been to Hawaii, but I love that show "Hawaii 5-0" What do you think of it?

Well cookieee, I've watched the "new" 5-0 and made it through about 15 minutes of the first show and then changed the channel ... :LOL:

The scenery shots are OUT OF THIS WORLD beautiful!
We sat there, "... HEH! That's ..." the whole time.

As in the "original" 5-0, nobody can act their way out of a paper shack ;):rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I must say though, Jack Lord was one of my patients, super nice man.

And as to going to Hawaii, take a boat-load of money... it's WAY expensive (as I finalize our trip back home soon :))

Hawaii 001.JPG
[the view from the apartment that we rent in Honolulu]

We have found that it's a better deal to stay a month, rent a condo, eat in a lot and get a rent-a-car, but that's our experience, you make your own.

shaka.jpg

Oh, this could be a fun thread. :LOL:

Never have I ever....been to Hawaii, or shoveled snow....so far.... :)

Cheryl, you can come out here and help ;)

There's still loads of folks that need to be dug out.
Either they're elderly or have medical reasons
that prohibit them from shoveling snow.
You'd think that the teenagers in the area would be going door to door
asking if people wanted to pay to have their drives cleared … :ermm:
DH said that's him and his buddies would do after every snow storm.
He said back in the day they'd get $10-12 each kid and that was
when that was a lot of money to a 12 year old :king:

We got about a foot last night and today. Cold, wet and very heavy. We usually might get an inch or two.

The dog wants to go play, but snow and tree limbs are dropping all over.

Our snow fall was the same, big, fluffy flakes and I said the same thing, let's use the leaf blower!

Miss Neighbor-Across-The-Street is from California had NEVER seen anything like this. She sent me a text and asked why we were shoveling snow, "what's the point? I don't get it."

Well, today she sent me another text, asking if she could borrow our shovel so she could clear her drive and get out; she was out of dog food!

She had never shoveled snow and took a turn; between the three of us, we knocked it out in an hour and a half.

Ice had formed under the snow, so I went and got my trusty steel bow rake to break it up and then shovel, smart, yeah me :D

I was the same way. I had a friend living in PA who would moan and groan about shoveling his walkway out and when we had our snow here back in 2004, I just walked a path through it twice a day and kept it down that way. Couldn't figure out why anyone would shovel. We had 15" that year. But I will admit, my driveway was about the length of my truck then and if I couldn't get my truck out of the driveway, there would be too much snow on the road to go anywhere anyway.

I finally figured out why I couldn't get up to my lot a couple weeks ago. I found out they had had over 24" of snow up there along with a two-day power outage and on the bottom road that leads to the nearest town, there were 30+ trees that had come down on the road bringing down a lot of wires.

Never Have I Ever …

DSC01065.jpg

… grilled Pineapple,
no really!
Believe it or not, I am NOT
the biggest fan of Pineapple
to begin with, yup!
I was born & raised on Oahu,
Kaneohe to be specific,
and I honestly do not care
for any of the "tropical" fruits.
But I thought I'd give it a go.
Not bad, I especially liked it
with the grilled Chicken.

Ohhhh i wish it would snow here, we don't get snow where i live although it did snow 8 years ago, 1st time in 80 years lol, it was the middle of August and i wanted to put the christmas tree up lmao

Never Have I Ever ...

Zippys Chix & Chili plate with Kirin.jpg

... gone to a Zippy's Restaurant and had an Adult Beverage
with my Chicken & Chili Plate!

This one may sound silly to y'all,
but this family restaurant in Hawaii did not serve alcohol previously
and I was just over the moon to be able to have
a beer with my favorite Zippy's food, other than at home.
The food just taste better when eaten in the restaurant.
It could also be that I do't need to do any dishes either :LOL:

About 40 years ago I worked for the BPD. It was a miserable winter. The Gov. declared a "State of Emergency". No cars on the roads unless it was an emergency vehicle. Because I don't drive, I went to work by local transit. One of the officers came back to the Station House and asked me if I would be willing to help. It seems an elderly woman was going to try to walk to the store because her dog needed food. Sure. Off to the rescue I went. It seems she slipped on the snow and went under a parked car. All the officers were to large to get under the car to pull her out. After some shoveling, somehow I managed to wiggle my way under, grabbed her feet, backed my way out to where the officers could grab my feet and finish pulling both of us out. And all for dog food. Happy to do it. The officers went off and bought her a very large bag of dog food. Along with a special treat for her. She wasn't hurt in her fall. So I can understand the need for pets having their special foods during an emergency. I silently walked around for several days with a smile on my face. One old lady and her very special pet were happy.

I have never, ever learned to drive. The first time I decided to sit behind the wheel and learn, I became so nervous, I couldn't even turn the key.

But what really convinced me to stay a pedestrian was I was a passenger in a car one night and noticed the solid yellow line down what I thought was the edge of the road and we were on a one way road. I honestly thought it was to make sure you would know where the edge of the road was and wouldn't drive off it. I aske "How come there is only one yellow line down the left side of the road and not on the right?"

No thanks. No driving for me. I will stick to my electric scooter on the sidewalk. Much safer for everyone.

Last edited:
Never Have I Ever ...

… had a Zippy's ZipPac WITH a Beer,
a Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde to more specific :LOL:

IMG_4316.jpg
[oops, I started eating and then remembered to take a snapshot]

This was the lunch that I brought with us for our flight
from Honolulu International to Phoenix Sky Harbor
I always bring our meal on board with us!

*Zippy's is a family restaurant in Hawaii and soon in Las Vegas
-a ZipPac is their take on a Bento Box
-Maui Brewing Bikini Blonde is my hands-down fave beer in Hawaii,
and I don't really drink Beer, other than there :cool:
-we usually fly on Hawaiian Airlines and they serve "a meal"
while in-flight, but :yuk:

Never Have I Ever ...

IMG_6526.jpg

... made Ham Stock :huh:
Ummm :ermm: well I guess I have, I just didn't know that I did :LOL:

Another, Never Have I Ever ... (which prompted this post to begin with)
Made Portuguese Bean Soup from a written recipe :chef:
I have been ono for (that's local Hawaii speak for "really hungry for")
it and hadn't made it in for ever!
So I did a WWW search to jog my memory
and came up with one that sounded kinda-sorta
like how I did it back home:

https://onolicioushawaii.com/portuguese-bean-soup/

I got loads of meat off of just two smoked Ham Hocks!
And 3 quarts of stock, more than enough for another Bean Soup,
maybe Bean & Bacon Soup :yum:

What's your Never Have I Ever?

Back
Top Bottom