Never Have I Ever …

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never have i ever done a whole evening 'tasting menu'. I've always wanted to, and tonight I'm doing it. There will be 8 of us for the evening, and I have 14 different small courses. Some are extremely modern, even over the top, like a deconstructed tomato, mango spherification, and fruit caviar. Some will have unusual techniques or ingredients. And a couple will be downright homey, like a miniature chicken pot pie. Wish me luck!

SS, I hope that you took a bunch of photos and will post everything
over here:
https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/never-have-i-ever-made-this-106273.html
I'm intrigued!
I've never eaten, nor made anything of the sort.

Or, K-Girl, Silversage could create her own thread. [emoji6]
I agree. Well, I'm envious of the guests, not the work.
Definitely not envious of the work, but it sounds like a fabulous evening is ahead for all of you. Silversage, I like K-Girl's request for photos, but put them in your own thread so it's easy to find if someone else wants to take on a challenge like that. Also easier to find if you ever want to revisit your elegant night.

Silversage, good on you! I've always wanted to do that. Wanted to make it a 'group effort' though. Nobody else got excited about it - it would have just turned into a 'pot luck' so I canned the idea. :(

Love a good fish fry. Here in MO, I indulge in a great catfish fry, often. :yum::)

Ross

I love fried catfish. SO good. And preciously few places around here that does it well.

Never have i ever done a whole evening 'tasting menu'. I've always wanted to, and tonight I'm doing it. There will be 8 of us for the evening, and I have 14 different small courses. Some are extremely modern, even over the top, like a deconstructed tomato, mango spherification, and fruit caviar. Some will have unusual techniques or ingredients. And a couple will be downright homey, like a miniature chicken pot pie. Wish me luck!

Like others, I hope you took pictures and I am waiting for the review! It sounds wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom