Never Have I Ever …

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
… and still another one …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r6Sl0luAGE

My first Snow Plow :LOL: FINALLY!
I was getting a little concerned that
we'd be stuck for a week.
We've kept the drive and walkways pretty much
snow-free, but the roads in our area hadn't
been plowed until this afternoon.
So we finished off the job and cleared the
end of the drive.
I think we'll stay put until the sun comes out to
de-ice the roads though.

Being originally from Western New York, where the only kind of weather they have is inclement, I know the snow plows aren't coming through until you finish shoveling the driveway.

Here's A Good One ...

31_LI (3).jpg

How many places on this list have you been to?

There's 50 different US locales ...
I've been to all but 19... and 10 of those are
on our list for when we can travel again,
without restrictions.
First up is Horseshoe Bend, we don't live all
that far from there and have already planned
a trip to that area for later this year :ohmy:

How'z about you?

View attachment 44888

How many places on this list have you been to?

There's 50 different US locales ...
I've been to all but 19... and 10 of those are
on our list for when we can travel again,
without restrictions.
First up is Horseshoe Bend, we don't live all
that far from there and have already planned
a trip to that area for later this year :ohmy:

How'z about you?

We need a blank image to mark up! Where did you find it?

Ask and you shall receive, Kathleen.

View attachment 44899

Well that was easy! :)

It did not have where I want to go. I want to travel what is remaining of Route 66 starting in Chicago at the corner of Jackson and Michigan (where I have been) and ending at the Santa Monica Pier (where I have also been.) I think it would be a fun trip to travel if not in a hurry. :)

There is an awesome diner near the start of the route!

Attachments

• k list.jpg
    k list.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 67
Kathleen, I've stayed in old motor inns on Route 66 between those two spots. Himself and I stopped in Tucumcari NM on the way to get Goober at the end of his freshman year of college. Goober and I stayed in one in Flagstaff when we went on his college visit. Fun, but not as comfy as modern hotels.

My list looks like I need to do some traveling. If they had only picked a different national park near to Redwood. We've visited Sequoia, Sierra, Yosemite, and Stanislaus National Parks. And in addition to Joshua Tree, we spent a bit of time at Death Valley.

20210110_005013.jpg

Yosemite is gorgeous. I was surprised.that it was not on this list.

I have always found those little Mom and Pop stops enchanting. I have been told that they were once upon a time.

Last edited:

It did not have where I want to go. I want to travel what is remaining of Route 66 starting in Chicago at the corner of Jackson and Michigan (where I have been) and ending at the Santa Monica Pier (where I have also been.) I think it would be a fun trip to travel if not in a hurry. :)

Kathleen, I've stayed in old motor inns on Route 66 between those two spots. Himself and I stopped in Tucumcari NM on the way to get Goober at the end of his freshman year of college. Goober and I stayed in one in Flagstaff when we went on his college visit. Fun, but not as comfy as modern hotels.

My list looks like I need to do some traveling. If they had only picked a different national park near to Redwood. We've visited Sequoia, Sierra, Yosemite, and Stanislaus National Parks. And in addition to Joshua Tree, we spent a bit of time at Death Valley.

View attachment 44901

Okay, guys, did you mark off where you have or have NOT been to?
I put dit-dots next to the places that I have not been to. :wacko:

As alot of you DC members already know, my husband and I
love our roads trips!

Our honeymoon was a month long car trip from Baltimore Maryland to
Kennebunkport Maine and back again ... all off the cuff!
We made only one reservation the entire time, our first stop
in Wildwood New Jersey, only because I insisted being it
was Labor Day weekend! When I called the hotel directly
(this was before the age of technology ;)) the gal asked
for our mailing address, and when I said Hawaii, she burst out...
"what? you live at the beach and you're coming here?"
:LOL:

One of our other Bucket List trips is to see each and every
Major League Baseball Park, Fenway is one of them.
We've been to Cooperstown (that was on our honeymoon) and
DH was in heaven!

Now, if we just had an RV we'd be set!!! ;)

Okay, guys, did you mark off where you have or have NOT been to?
I put dit-dots next to the places that I have not been to. :wacko:

I marked where I have been. Did I do it wrong?

As alot of you DC members already know, my husband and I
love our roads trips!

Our honeymoon was a month long car trip from Baltimore Maryland to
Kennebunkport Maine and back again ... all off the cuff!
We made only one reservation the entire time, our first stop
in Wildwood New Jersey, only because I insisted being it
was Labor Day weekend! When I called the hotel directly
(this was before the age of technology ;)) the gal asked
for our mailing address, and when I said Hawaii, she burst out...
"what? you live at the beach and you're coming here?"
:LOL:

One of our other Bucket List trips is to see each and every
Major League Baseball Park, Fenway is one of them.
We've been to Cooperstown (that was on our honeymoon) and
DH was in heaven!

Now, if we just had an RV we'd be set!!! ;)

Your honeymoon sounds like a ton of fun. I love road trips.

We knew these people who started their national park hobby on their honeymoon. He was a photographer and took her picture (sans clothing) in the three national parks they visited after the wedding. That kicked off the hobby, and he collected his last photo of her (still sans clothing) on their 50th wedding anniversary. Oddly romantic....at least I thought so. It made for lively dinner conversation!

One of my favorite trips was when we "ran away from home" one weekend. Basically we were going to go out to dinner after a rough week. Not being able to decide where to go, we drove...and then said, "Let's just go." We had no destination or anything. We ended up in Lancaster, PA. Found a coupon a rest stop for a hotel there. Come to find out, it was a rather upscale hotel that was being renovated. The desk clerk was a very distinguished older man. We did not command tons of respect with our coupon and no luggage. :LOL:

Second night had us in Wilmington, DE. We did pick up a few toiletrie and such at a Walgreens along the way. The Motel 6 did not bat an eye at no luggage. :ROFLMAO:

I marked where I *have* been. Some of these are not on my bucket list, though, and it doesn't include some places where I would like to go. It seems skewed toward the western half of the country. And I have a feeling I couldn't manage some of these with the neuropathy in my feeet.

bucket-list.jpg

Last edited:
I marked where I *have* been. Some of these are not on my bucket list, though, and it doesn't include some places where I would like to go. It seems skewed toward the western half of the country. And I have a feeling I couldn't manage some of these with the neuropathy in my feeet.

View attachment 44908

I also marked where I have been and several places I want to see are not listed. Like, I would love to go to Cherry Springs National Park as one of the few International Dark Sky parks in the USA. I think it would be so much fun to stargaze without light from local towns, etc.

I also am not as able to hike about as I once was able to do.

I marked where I have been. Did I do it wrong?

Your honeymoon sounds like a ton of fun. I love road trips.

We knew these people who started their national park hobby on their honeymoon. He was a photographer and took her picture (sans clothing) in the three national parks they visited after the wedding. That kicked off the hobby, and he collected his last photo of her (still sans clothing) on their 50th wedding anniversary. Oddly romantic....at least I thought so. It made for lively dinner conversation!

One of my favorite trips was when we "ran away from home" one weekend. Basically we were going to go out to dinner after a rough week. Not being able to decide where to go, we drove...and then said, "Let's just go." We had no destination or anything. We ended up in Lancaster, PA. Found a coupon a rest stop for a hotel there. Come to find out, it was a rather upscale hotel that was being renovated. The desk clerk was a very distinguished older man. We did not command tons of respect with our coupon and no luggage. :LOL:

Second night had us in Wilmington, DE. We did pick up a few toiletrie and such at a Walgreens along the way. The Motel 6 did not bat an eye at no luggage. :ROFLMAO:

Not at all! I was just a bit confused what direction you had gone :LOL:
DH and I have been to so many cool places over the years, and there's still more!
I like your idea of 'I'm running away from home' !!!!!
I would love to do that RIGHT NOW!! :w00t2:
I love your comparison of the two hotels, that's comical.
JUST GO! Now, if we had the RV, that's exactly what we would do ...

This is what we'd like to own :
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2016-Winnebago-View-24V-5014907017

Kathleen, where else would you like put on your Travel Bucket List?
In fact, maybe we should start a separate thread?
Here we go:
https://www.discusscooking.com/foru...bucket-list-look-like-106363.html#post1643440

I hope you get your RV. My mother always wanted to get an RV and travel, but she never did. I think Dad was reluctant. In the end, it was one of her biggest regrets. There is something freeing about taking your little space with you. With the boat, that is how it feels to me. I like having my things when we take trips around the bay, etc. Such fun....and cooking while traveling has many perks to it as well.

Go for it!

Friends of ours, who were neighbors up the street but we've kept in touch, did a 40-day tour of the U.S. from Oct. 8 through Nov. 16th. Their two boys were remote schooling, she's an executive with a company that had gone remote, and her hubby is Mr. Mom when he isn't running his own landscaping company. She posted photos on Facebook every day documenting their travels. Nothing like taking that remote schooling and teaching them geography, history, animal science, etc from the comforts of their borrowed camper. Somewhere north of 20 states. It was fantastic! I was jealous...

Yosemite is gorgeous. I was surprised.that it was not on this list...
I loved what I saw of Yosemite. We spent two days there with our son when he was between jobs and moving from CA to OH. I wrecked my knee in a photo-related accident on Day One, so I had a self spa day the next while Himself and Goober went back for more. *sigh* Kinda hard hiking while hobbling on crutches.

Okay, guys, did you mark off where you have or have NOT been to?...
I marked where I/we have been. It's a check list, right? Not a still-gotta-check-it-off list. :D :winkiss:

CG, which hotel did you and Goober stay at in Tucumcari?...
Goober and I stayed in Flagstaff in April 1999. Himself and I stayed in Tucumcari in April or May 2000. I have no idea what either of the hotels are or if they're still in business.

...It seems skewed toward the western half of the country...
That's how I felt, too. We've done the MA to AZ or CA run a number of times, but there's only so much time when you're still working - which is what Himself was doing when Goober was out west.

Never have I ever ...

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

... had Friday Night Fish Fry, REALLY!!
We've lived here for just about 14 years
and this was a first.
Very good. Not greasy, or over cooked, but just right.
DH had the Fish and I ordered Shrimp and had a bite or three
of his Cod, very nice and we're both stuffed!!!!!!

Never have i ever done a whole evening 'tasting menu'. I've always wanted to, and tonight I'm doing it. There will be 8 of us for the evening, and I have 14 different small courses. Some are extremely modern, even over the top, like a deconstructed tomato, mango spherification, and fruit caviar. Some will have unusual techniques or ingredients. And a couple will be downright homey, like a miniature chicken pot pie. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom