New apron wearer[emoji5]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karencookie

Assistant Cook
Hiya dc.
Does anyone else wear an apron when cooking?
I’ve recently started using one and wish that I’d done a lot sooner as I’ve reduced my laundry significantly!lol

I wore one years ago when I worked on a farm,it was essential tbh.
I expect there’s a lot of ink to contest with at a printers.

I Sometimes wear an apron. Not as often as I should. SO got tired of having to get food stains out of my clothes so she bought me aprons and kept reminding me I should put one on.

Totally agree,I’ve ruined lots of clothes with pasta sauces!
I’m a convert now and always wear one[emoji846].

Either I'm neater than most of you, or I just don't get "into" my cooking as much. ;) I don't seem to have any significant issues with food stains from cooking.

Its usually so hot here, that if I wore an apron when I bbq, I'd have to not wear anything else, clothes wise!:ohmy::angel::ROFLMAO:

I wear an apron for a few reasons. We wore them during culinary school and I always wore them when catering so as not to get anything that might be on my clothes into the food. I wear them when doing cakes as it can be a very messy job!

But the most personal I wear an apron now is an homage to my Mom. She is the person who not only taught me to bake first but who gave me my passion for it. She was an amazing self-taught baker. She always wore an apron and when I was eight I came into the kitchen to help with Christmas baking to find my own apron hanging beside her's. It was identical except smaller - she made them both! I grew out of that one, but not the idea that you bake, you wear your apron! :)

Back
Top Bottom