New HDTV!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I just ordered a Sony Bravia 52" HDTV (KDL52XBR4) online. I am eagerly waiting for delivery. I did a lot of shopping around and found a really good price that included a surge protector and HDMI cable.

I visited three electronics chains and the online price was $500 less than the least expensive store price, and they all wanted in excess of $100 for the HDMI cable I got for free. This is an outrageous gouge!

The Red Sox season and Summer Olympics should be great on this new set.

Can't wait to get it and hook it up. Gotta call the cable company next.

Big thank yous to all of you who shared your research, caveats and knowledge with me on this subject. I feel I was a lot better prepared as a result.

That is basically my TV, but bigger and newer version. You are going to be beyond thrilled with your choice Andy!

Contgrats on a great purchase. I can't wait to hear what you think once you get it all hooked up.

Thanks, guys. SO is convinced I'll never go to bed once I get it!

I'm going on three weeks for mine.
I find myself watching stuff I never would just so I can be watching a HD channel :LOL: You'll love it.

Where did you end up purchasing from?

Laptop & HDTV = multi-tasking. No problem

Ordered from Abe's of Maine, which, surprisingly enough, is in Edison, NJ.

I'm not going to watch Dr. Phil no matter how good the picture is on my TV.

Congratulations

Okay, this is unusual our tv had problems for two weeks. we decided to get tv Sony 40" should we think of bigger one? Also we want to mount it on the wall over fireplace but have plaster walls. You think this could be done? Of course, we would have to have professional but I can't imagine 52" Do you have huge room to put it in? Isn't that how you pick these tv's out but he size of your room? We are already in debt since our dog needs acupuncture so I might as well go deeper if we have to order bigger one. This will all be of interest to the family since I just noticed all t his information. Thanks. Really strange how we all have same problem in common. Kind of good I think

Now you can hook your laptop up to your TV and use your TV as your monitor. That comes in really handy for me.

Holy mackerel, 52" pictures of my grandson!

I guess that means another kind of cable.

Yes another cable, but this one is not expensive.

You can then find one of the hundreds of sites that host movies and TV shows and run them through your computer onto your TV.

Congrats, Andy! HDTV is the bomb! Can't wait until everything is in HD. I find sports programs are especially nice in HD.

Nature shows are by far my favorite things to view in HD. The Discovery HD Theater channel has some amazing visual things on it. Sunrise earth is a great one. It is just sunrises around the world. There is no talking. The most you will hear is the babbling brook in the shot or birds singing or something like that. I love putting that on when I wake up on the weekends and grab my cup of coffee and just slowly wake up. Great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom