New iPhone Apps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are plenty of things we can live without. We can live without cell phones, laptops, and PC's as well. They are tools that we enjoy to use though. If they drive you insane then don't get them, but those of us who use them generally like them and find tremendous value in them.

Exactly!

I'll be back in line at the Apple store tomorrow. I will be sure to report back here G to let you know if I got one!! :)

Why would you come into a thread that is about getting the newest apps for the iPhone just to say you don't care about it???

This thread is about getting new apps for your iPhone. If you don't care about "the newest fad" then either keep it to yourself or start your own thread about not liking fads. That is not what this thread is about and I would appreciate it if you stayed on topic. Thanks.

I got it!!! I got it!!!! After a 3 hour wait today I finally got my beloved 16g black iphone! She is so beautiful! I've spent the last few hours playing with her, trying to figure everything out. It's always so weird getting a new phone and having to learn new features. I've gotten a few free apps so far and got most of my contacts done. Now she needs a case!!!

Weather Bug is cool. My friend had me download a few of his favs, like google mobile app (he works for google too!) So many cool applications to get!!!

I got it!!! I got it!!!! After a 3 hour wait today I finally got my beloved 16g black iphone! She is so beautiful! I've spent the last few hours playing with her, trying to figure everything out. It's always so weird getting a new phone and having to learn new features. I've gotten a few free apps so far and got most of my contacts done. Now she needs a case!!!

Weather Bug is cool. My friend had me download a few of his favs, like google mobile app (he works for google too!) So many cool applications to get!!!

Can you get male ones too, or are they all female?

Sorry Andy, but they are all female.

That is awesome Red. I have had mine since last Dec and the newness has not worn off yet. You are going to love it!

I learned my lesson the hard way ... I bought an original iPod and had nothing but trouble with it (I was just cussing and swearing at it again last night!!) . I'll never ever jump onto the Apple bandwagon again.

Love the features. Hate the huge, gaping holes in functionality and portability and "intuitive" user ability. I'm happily sticking with my Blackberry...

:heart:
Z

Hate the huge, gaping holes in "intuitive" user ability.
Wow you are the first person I have ever heard say something like that. Most people praise Apple for the intuitive user interfaces of just about all of their products. That is actually what they are known for. I am sorry you had such a negative experience.

Just got babk from swapping an iPhone for a Blackberry - The user loved the iPhone, could not make reliable calls on AT&T in NYC. Same reason I left AT&T.

Dosen't really like the Blackberry, just has to be able to make calls. Praised the iPhone for readability and interface.

AC

Why would you come into a thread that is about getting the newest apps for the iPhone just to say you don't care about it???

Yeah Saph, Andy, Why would you do something like that??

Since I was only agreeing with Saph, and nothing more, I think you should take this up with her first.

Last edited:
Andy, her beauty is undeniable....so she just has to be a girl!!!

Had fun last night with urbanspoon, such a cool app! You can search by your location for restaurants...check it out!

I wanted to be an early adopter with the new iPhone but AT&T won't cut me a break even if I sign a new contract. I hear that there is an Etch-a-Sketch app that lets you shake the phone to erase, and you can send your creations to friends as jpgs.

Yeah Saph, Andy, Why would you do something like that??

Since I was only agreeing with Saph, and nothing more, I think you should take this up with her first.
Interesting that you are so narcissistic Wart that you just assume I am only talking to you and no one else. Would you like to point out where I quoted you or used your name or said I was only addressing you???

I will tell you what I tell my 3 year old daughter. Do not concern yourself with others. You should only be worried about yourself.

I suggest that you quit worrying about others and worry about following the rules yourself. If you have an issue then instead of derailing the thread again then I suggest you bring it up in a PM as our rules tell you to do.

I got a great app the other day that would come in handy for a lot of DCers. It is called "Units" and it is a unit conversion tool. The categories in it are:

Length
Area
Volume
Weight
Temperature
Pressure
Power

The ones that can come in handy for us cooks are Volume, Weight, and Temp.

Volume can convers to/from ounces, gallons, liters, millimeters, teaspoons, tablespoons, cups, pints, quarts, drams, and others.

Weight will convert to/from pounds, kilograms, ounces, grams, and tons.

Temp will do Fahrenheit, Celcius, and Kelvin (not that you would need K for cooking).

The best thing is, this app is FREE.

I'm going to read all of these, but I was about to post something myself. I am looking to buy a used one.
I am looking for one that is unlocked and will use my sim from my now currently dead as of today, cell phone.
So I need a new cell phone.
I want an iphone but don't want a contract, don't want the cost of one and know from many that it's entirely possible.
So, I'll read on but for now before I forget, does anyone have one to sell? If so, please do post [if it's legal to do so on DC] thanks.
GB is there a thread yet on buying or selling your iphone that you know of? cause if there is, I'll go there. I don't want to be off topic, seriously...

The better option would be for people to send you a PM Lefselover.

I do not know much about the unlocked phones, but I have heard that when you try to do updates or anything like that then your phone stops working. I could be wrong, but just make sure you look into that before you spend any money.

Back
Top Bottom