New Use for Old Bible.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
I found a wonderful new use for my Bible today.

Some time back, I had wanted to read the Catholic "aprocropha" so I asked my sister which Bible she would reccomend. She pointed me to a St. Josephs New American Bible (or NAB) where everything is written in more modern english and is thus far easier to read.

Today I met one of my new neighbors who speaks absolutly NO english. I, on the other hand, speak almost NO Spanish! LOL! You should have seen us looking like Frick and Frack trying to communicate as he asked me what "this" or "that" was in English.

We finally hit upon a common ground. I pulled out my Bible and asked him how to pronounce the word "book" he then went in the house and got his Spanish Bible! We then spent the rest of the afternoon teaching each other how to read the others Bibles and also learning the others language at the same time.

We would come to a word or phrase and show the other how it was pronounced in the other language. :mrgreen:

We're going to do it again mañana :mrgreen:

~ Raven ~

What a wonderful thing for you and him to do, Raven!! Hat's off to you! That is just fantastic!! Sorry, I just can't say enough for what your doing. You both get to learn each others language, and hopefully, you just found a new friend!!

I've heard of people learning to read with the Bible, but never known of learning a language that way. What a wonderful idea!

Back
Top Bottom