New Year's Eve: Stay Home or Go Out!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New Year's Eve: Stay home or Go Out!!

• Stay home and watch the ball drop on TV with drink of your choice.

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Stay home and invite friends and family over.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Go out and have a nice dinner and then come home to watch the festivities on tv

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Party like there is no tomorrow.

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SierraCook

Master Chef
I am staying home and watching the ball drop on TV. Usually, I don't make any plans because the weather is so unpredictable this time of year. Also, the only place to go to where I live is over 20 miles away.

So, I was curious as to what other folks at DC are doing for New Years Eve?

BTW, Happy New Year's to all DC'ers!!

I'm alone, Sierra. Well, except for Ashley, Tween, Sally, Chessie Lou, Miss Augie, and Miss Rodeo (my inside kitties).

Thelma, Violet, Squeakers, Tumble and Miss Chiefy are snuggled in their quarters outside.

Buck and I never went anywhere on New Year's Eve because we lived in an area that was full of drunken crazies. We had more fun staying at home.

Happy New Year to you, my dear. I'll celebrate with you.

:ohmy:Wow! We're just a bunch of party animals!:LOL: There was one option not on the poll and that would be stay home and go to bed early!:sleep:
I'll probably stay up but not necessarily watch the ball drop. I'm not sure what I'll be doing.

Home for me! Quiet supper, champagne, and I'll try to stay awake till midnight. Not much going on in my tiny town...sometimes the "boys" save some fireworks from the July 4 celebration and set them off on NYE. We'll see...

Geaux Tigers!

Well, I've always gone over to my next door neighbor's house, where I meet with other neighbors to ring in the New Year.

And I did go over there tonight for a couple of hours, had fun, but left early since my cold is still making me feel like a "bag of smashed holes" (to paraphrase my brother's colorful expression).

I'm heading to bed. I trust that the big Waterford ball will drop just fine without me. :)

Happy New Year, everyone!

Lee

We always stay home, eat wings and watch the Chick-fil-a bowl. I would imagine Uncle Bob is pretty happy about now and so am I. I may live in Atlanta but I'm an SEC fan through and through. Happy New Year!

We always stay home. This year I did respite work with Miss Mayson until 9pm and then came home. Will I make it till midnight? Doubt it. I'm not a drinker but normally would have a drink on NYE..I don't think I even have any alcohol in the house right now!

We're staying home... tomorrow we will go to dinner and a movie.

We are always a day late and a dollar short!

thanks for thinking of me, sc. hapy new year to you and yours.

i'm at work. :( again.

and everyone in tonight is drunk. except me.

time waits for no man. neither do the commercial sponsors.

Let me just say this, in my neighborhood it is best to stay in all day if possible. Seems the 'amateurs' are out early around here!:ermm:

We took the kids to see the dentist today (all is well except for Katie, the dentist wants to pull a few teeth because they are baby teeth and blocking permanents from coming up, he says it will save a lot of money later as it will help the teeth correct themselves and avoid her needing orthodontics later on), and by 4pm were on our way home. What a voyage that was!:ohmy:

Everyone was apparently out shopping for last minute stuff for their party, and for some reason decided that doing it while drinking was a good idea...:huh:

We barely got home without a scratch, but sure shot my blood pressure up and didn't help with me trying to quit smoking either... in fact by the time I got home I wanted a pack or two right then and there... not one at a time but the whole pack at once..:wacko:

I am planted here firmly and aint goin nowhere until the 2nd at least!!:dry:

I worked so many years on NYE that it is just a luxury to be able to stay home and prepare a fabulous dinner with my family. We always do steak and crab legs, sometimes a lobster tail for hubby, then play Monopoly while we watch the entertainment on TV. I like to think it's tradition more than being boring, since it's something my girls still look forward to.

Only had about 3 hrs sleep the night before so Stayed Home Hubbie & I went to bed at 9:00 woke up to fireworks at the nearby park around 10 didn't get up to look, just went back to sleep. The new year came in with or with out me
Happy New Year To All

We went out for a lovely dinner with my brother and SIL and were back home by 9. I was asleep in my chair by 10 and DW woke me at midnight to welcome in the new year and then it was off to sleepy land til 0600. Old & boring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom