Night/Morning Person and Daylight Saving Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Night/Morning Person and Daylight Saving Time

• I'm a morning person and love Daylight Saving Time

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I'm a morning person and hate Daylight Saving Time

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I'm a night person and love Daylight Saving Time

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • I'm a night person and hate Daylight Saving Time

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters
Am a total night owl. But gotta get up at about 4 -5 am every day. Never use a clock, always wake up.

In fact I never use a watch or rely on a clock to awaken me, for some reason if I need to get up a bit earlier I just set my internal clock that way. If it sounds wierd, it is just easy for me.

On weekends when I do not have to work I am awake almost all night.

Those are my favorite times.

I like DST because I like driving home when it is not black dark out.

The better part of me, who wears a watch, used to ask me what time it was. I was almost always within five minutes or so of the time and do not wear a watch, I find watches annoying.

Just the way I am.
This is so interesting to me Aunt Dot. Someone told me about setting my internal clock to awaken at a certain time and I thought it sounded crazy. But it's true!!! I can tell myself I need to wake up at 5:30 or whenever and sure enough, I will come wide awake within 5 minutes of the time I programmed myself for. I don't know how this works but it does.

I don't wear a watch anymore either because I would have to put on reading glasses to be able to read it. But I'm usually 15-30 minutes within the correct time by just using my internal clock.

Am a total night owl. But gotta get up at about 4 -5 am every day. Never use a clock, always wake up.

In fact I never use a watch or rely on a clock to awaken me, for some reason if I need to get up a bit earlier I just set my internal clock that way. If it sounds wierd, it is just easy for me.....The better part of me, who wears a watch, used to ask me what time it was. I was almost always within five minutes or so of the time and do not wear a watch, I find watches annoying.

Just the way I am.
I'm very similar Aunt Dot. Don't wear a watch and am pretty accurate but not as accurate as you. I'm about 15 mins but then I work to quarter hours anyway. And while I set my alarm, I am usually awake before it goes off. I don't change times for when I don't have to get up.

My internal clock is fairly accurate, too. The only time it gets really screwed up is traveling from Texas to K. where there is a 12 hour time difference---we don't have DST over here and I've had to put foil on our bedroom windows as the morning light in the summer will come in at 3:30AM...but at home I do prefer DST

I'm not a morning person, so I hate the first few days after DST, losing that hour of sleep. But I'm thrilled with the extra daylight after work. During the winter, I just want to go home, have dinner and hibernate; now I have the energy to go for a walk or a bike ride, or work in the yard after work. Love it :)

I dislike the fact that it's very dark when I get up in the morning. School buses are going by, and I worry about children waiting on the side of the road. It was okay when it was a lot shorter, but now that it's almost 6 months long, I really dislike it. Whose moronic idea was this, anyway?

Maybe this is just Typical YT logic, but Why don`t they just Split the Difference and make it 30 mins change and then Just LEAVE IT! forever?

Actually, I voted wrong. I'm a morning person and detest daylight savings time. In the fall, when it's enacted, I have one fewer hour of daylight left to me after getting off of work, and of course this happens right in the middle bow season, negating any chance of me getting into the woods before dark except during weekends (and that means Saturday only). Also, we have to reset the time in our phone systems, and all of our network servers, voicemail servers, etc. And that rarely goes smoothly as we have well over 1200 users who all want their problems fixed yesterday, when half of the problems are cause from the time change. It's the same in the spring when we convert to Eastern Standard Time.

And even back when I was in the Navy, somehow, I always managed to get myself on a late shift, 11p.m. to 7a.m. when on shore, and 7p.m. to 7a.m. when at sea. The problem was that somehow, no matter which time the change happened, spring or fall, it was the late shift that ended up working the extra hour.

The time shift has never been a freind to me. I'd rather see Eastern Standard time remain throughout the year. It would get rid of a lot of hassles for me. But I guess that's a purely selfish attitude. If it works for the rest of you, then let it remain as it is.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Maybe this is just Typical YT logic, but Why don`t they just Split the Difference and make it 30 mins change and then Just LEAVE IT! forever?

Hey, yeah, great plan! That would be much less confusing. :) Seems like there are always people I know who forget about it and are either an hour late or early to something, depending on the time of year.

I'm a night owl. I get most of my work done around here in the aft and eve. In fact, I don't even know what time it gets light in the morning! *blush*

I'm definitely an evening person... I need a nap in the afternoon sometimes... and then evening I'm good. Super late like 3amish...I'm sleeping! LOL. I only get up early when I need to... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom