Night/Morning Person and Daylight Saving Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Night/Morning Person and Daylight Saving Time

• I'm a morning person and love Daylight Saving Time

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I'm a morning person and hate Daylight Saving Time

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I'm a night person and love Daylight Saving Time

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • I'm a night person and hate Daylight Saving Time

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
The thread about Daylight Saving Time got me to thinking. Some love it, some hate it. I got to wondering if it made a difference if you are a night person or a morning person. I am a night owl and I love DST. How about you?

:)Barbara

If it were a perfect world... I'd get up and 9:00am and go to bed at 11:pm every day...

I'm at my best between noon and 8. : )

I like the time change because that means my running usually done in the evenings still has a bit of daylight left!

I love having more daylight, I hate changing times. It seems like once you get your routine down it's time to change the clocks and start all over. I think we should keep DST all year long. We need more light in the winter anyway.

Can't hit the sack until it's been dark for several hours. The later it gets dark, the later I get to bed and the later I go to bed, the later I get up. Daylight savings time seems to make me miss an hour of morning (my favorite time of the day). Actually it's probably the longer daylight hours that prevent me from enjoying those quiet predawn morning hours.

I love to get up with the dawn. Discovered the joys of this in my 20's when I injured my knee playing netball and couldn't go nightclubbing any more. Instead of cringing under the bed covers trying to get more sleep after only having been in bed for a couple of hours, I was able to get up and enjoy the tranquility and nature with clear eyes. Never looked back.

I don't really see the point in keeping DST in modern times anymore. Days get short days get long it's all just a part of the changing seasons to me. Adjusting time by an hour one way or the other just doesn't seem useful anymore.

I'm a night owl. I like to start cooking things in the evening and throughout the night. Once-in-a-blue-moon anybody calls late at night...after 11 p.m. The dogs rarely need to go outside during the night. There's barely any distractions. Before Christmas, I made my cookie doughs a about 3 at a time during the day for a few days. Then one evening, I started baking everything in the evening and throughout most of the night. I think I was done at 5 a.m.

I LOVE daylight savings time! I love the longer daylight hours. I craft with as much daylight as possible. I look forward to it and am sad when it ends. Daylight Savings means that it's Spring again.

Darlene

I never go to bed before 0200 hrs some times much later so day lite time does not mean a thing. My best time are from 1400 hrs to 2200 hrs.
I'm with you, Dave! Late night hours are when I wind down and mentally prepare for the next day. No ringing phone or loud kids or or errands to run. It does annoy me having to change the clocks but in my situation, the time change doesn't affect my life at all.

Me personally. I HATE DST, I can never get up on time even with the alarm set, my body clock is set to a certain time to get up and go to bed, I go to bed fairly early as I do tend to get very tired very quickly once night time comes, but getting up in the morning is always at the set time at 6-6.30am, I dont need the alarm as my body clock does it for me, I am glad we dont have DST here where I live ( they trialed it once and everybody voted it OUT, we all Hate it ), I wouldnt get up at 5-5.30 as my body wouldnt and couldnt do it, as it would still be dark, when the suns up, then Im up, but if the sun doesnt come up till 7-7.30am then I dont get up till then, I use to get up all the time when I was a kid,when it was dark, and I HATED it, not any more.

I`m a morning person, so for me DST is great, esp as Spring Mornings aren`t far away now, and that`s my Fave time of day and year.

As I live in a tropical country I don't have experience about DST.

But I love bright tropical sunlight and day. When I awake in morning I like to see my room is filled with bright sun, If it is cloudy I feel depressed.

Me, I would rather get up with the sun and go to bed with the sun. I hate getting up in the dark, and long dark evenings are made for reading in bed or sleeping.

(I must be part bear--winters are for hibernation.)

I'm not either a morning or night person, nor do I really care about daylight savings time, it does not affect my life one way or another. ;)

Both a morning and night person. In the mornings I'm energized. Trips to the gym, cleaning out the gutters, housecleaning, cooking. shopping. By mid-afternoon I'm tired. Nighttime I'm up for creativity...as well as a glass of wine. LOL. Nighttime is when my mind works best, despite the wine.

Am a total night owl. But gotta get up at about 4 -5 am every day. Never use a clock, always wake up.

In fact I never use a watch or rely on a clock to awaken me, for some reason if I need to get up a bit earlier I just set my internal clock that way. If it sounds wierd, it is just easy for me.

On weekends when I do not have to work I am awake almost all night.

Those are my favorite times.

I like DST because I like driving home when it is not black dark out.

The better part of me, who wears a watch, used to ask me what time it was. I was almost always within five minutes or so of the time and do not wear a watch, I find watches annoying.

Just the way I am.

I'm an any time of the day person.

Long as I hit the ground running, actually more of a hobble as I get older, it's all good.

Far as moving sundown back and forth an hour, it's Bull Patties. This is a family show or I would state my real feelings.

I like daylight in the afternoon when I'm more able to use and appreciate it. Arbitrarily chopping the daylight off the end of the day messes with me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom