Nintendo Wii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL you do have to be careful. I always fuss at my children about not getting carried away, and I'm the one who ended up nearly breaking the ceiling fan while we were playing tennis. We have to keep the dogs and cats out of the room when we play too, for their own protection.

So - those of you who have it, where did you buy it? I've gone thru 2 Christmases & 1 birthday trying to get one for my husband, & every place I try is always out of them & can't guarantee when they'll be getting more. I can see Xmas, but an April birthday?? And the problem with shopping too early is that many stores have a limited return time - even if the electronic item turns out to be defective.

But I guess I should start shopping now for hubby's April 5th big day. . . . I just don't know where to start, techno idiot that I am.

My parents just went out and picked it up today. I have no idea where though. I was passing by the game store in the mall (I think it is called Game Stop) and they had a sign outside saying they have the Wii in stock.

I played the wii for the first time over Thanksgiving at our family reunion. I havn't been that sore for a loonng time!

And yeah, I sucked at the Boxing too, but I rock at Tennis!

The residents at the nursing home I work at usually play it about once a week.

Do you have a Blockbuster video rental place in the US? They always have them in stock it seems. Otherwise, WalMart or Toys R Us.

The only thing I've done on a Wii is handbells on the Wii Music game. My whole family has played actual bells at some point so we had a good laugh playing the Wii version! The guys have had fun with it since you can get 4 of them playing at once.

I played the wii for the first time over Thanksgiving at our family reunion. I havn't been that sore for a loonng time!

And yeah, I sucked at the Boxing too, but I rock at Tennis!

The residents at the nursing home I work at usually play it about once a week.

I actually rock pretty hard at baseball. Once I figured out the pitches and the timing I can't be beat! My arm ached so much after my first marathon session at my sisters!

And this summer, I made the hula hoop record (over 1000 reps!) and my belly and legs were sooooo sore!

When we got ours it came from GameStop. I had to call eveyday to see if they were in stock, and when they finally were I had to drop what I was doing and rush right over. I was at work, and I remember nearly running over my boss when I got the word they were in stock. They still sell out as quickly as they come in.

Wii is great fun .. mario cart is great .. sports is a blast and so is
the olympic games .. just be carefull .. you can wear yourself out
on one .. first weekend we had ours .. i couldnt move my arms for three days ..

Happy BDay GB!

My dad's wii rocks! My mom got it for him for father's day last year. We play mostly the sport pack that comes with the console. Get an extra controller and nunchuck right away. We got the fit last summer - awesome! The only bad thing is that your mii changes after you do your fitness profile. I chunked out a little:rolleyes:. My mom is this little itty bitty so her mii passed out! It was hilarious! It made the rest of us chunks feel better!

LOL to the Mii thing. My nephew is about as buff as they come (karate sensei) and not an ounce of fat. His Mii and fitness profile say he is overweight so his Mii is funny looking!

You will LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Jeff has one, with the Wii Fit, and my deal with your uncle was that if you are going to schlep me to the frozen north, I need a Wii so I have some way to exercise in the winter that's FUN. I do have it and I love it.

You can use it in your living room, I think. As long as there is nothing in front of you (I don't recall a coffee table?) and nothing to the side...

Or set it up downstairs.

My father in law bowled on Jeff's and he bowled a 156 so he re-joined his old bowling league and got up to 187!

Happy Bday Neph!

It is pretty funny how it judges you. Even though I'm overweight, my mii age is 25 (I was 35 when I did the profile) because of my balance. My mom's is the funniest though. It will even tell her to go eat a snack from time to time. I wish mine didn't waddle when I walked so much though ... :rolleyes:.

Thanks Aunt M!

I love that story about your FIL. He always got so excited when he would tell me about bowling. I am happy he got back into it.

:) Still no one has explained what it dos and how the fit works I am also very interested in the fit. So do you need to get one thing before you get the fit? I'm am totally clueless to this game and how it works.

OK this thing is really fun. It took me a while to get used to it, but I am starting to get the hang of it. Rach is starting to be pretty good at tennis too.

Back
Top Bottom