No Life Support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dove

DC Grandma
After spending last Monday with my group of senior friends and then going out to lunch...I learned on Tuesday my dearest friend of all had a massive stroke Monday night and her Caregiver didn't tell the Paramedics that she did not want to be resuscitated. They did and now she is in a coma...They are sending her home today...I just don't know how long she will last with out food or water.

I prayed so hard that she would wake up but after seeing our Dr. today he said there is no hope..she will go on but he can't say when. I have shed enough tears to float a Battleship. We have been very close for 20 years. I now Pray that it will be soon ...go in Peace my dear friend.
Marge

Chef_Jen said:
I will keep marge in my prayers im sorry to hear that

Her name is Lorraine..such a loving and giving person
. We were all to go to lunch on Wed. at Black Angus for her 83 rd Birthday..July 7th.
Marge Dove

Marge,
you have all the prayes you and Lorriane might want coming your way. Hang on tight, there will be peace.
kadesma

Dear Marge,

I am praying for Lorraine too. I am also praying for you, as I know this is not an easy time for you.

Barbara

So sorry to hear this Marge. I hope the best for Lorraine. Why didnt her caregiver tell them not to recesitate her? Who is her caregiver? Another good reason to do a living will while we are healthy. So sad though. I wish your friend peace, and a painless departure.

Oh Dove...........my heart goes out to her, you and all her loved ones. Such a sad time for you all. Huge hugs! My prayers are going up. Such a heavy load the caregiver must be caring having made such a mistake. I hope it was unintentional that the caregiver neglected to mention it. Is it possible she/he was scared and just didn't think about it and just wanted her to receive care quickly.

I don't really know you but... I'm so sorry. Thats a sad thing to happen. I'll pray, and if you do to she'll get better. They always get better when someone really needs them too.

Thanks to all of you..it is hard to see her like this.
Food and water are being with held so I Pray it won't be too long. When I saw her last at the hospital I left a note ( her family left me alone with her to say good bye) My note said " Good Bye My Dear Friend, I love You." She lives (lived ?) just a few blocks from me..I don't know if I will go over to see her. Her daughter said today if I wanted to I could come over anytime. They are such a strong Catholic family..I think I make them feel helpless because all I can do is hold her hand and cry. If she can hear me (?) I don't want her to hear me do that. Can you all understand that ?? We are both diabetic and I have found this not only brings on a migraine but my blood sugar goes up.

For all of you who have know me for the past several years you know I was looking for a better year in "06"...so read what is on the bottom of my posts...I really do feel that way.
Marge

Marge, I am so sorry. I'm glad you left that note for her but something tells me that she knows you love her.

life support

Dove said:
After spending last Monday with my group of senior friends and then going out to lunch...I learned on Tuesday my dearest friend of all had a massive stroke Monday night and her Caregiver didn't tell the Paramedics that she did not want to be resuscitated. They did and now she is in a coma...They are sending her home today...I just don't know how long she will last with out food or water.

I prayed so hard that she would wake up but after seeing our Dr. today he said there is no hope..she will go on but he can't say when. I have shed enough tears to float a Battleship. We have been very close for 20 years. I now Pray that it will be soon ...go in Peace my dear friend.
Marge

Marge I sure do hope you have your house in order. A good example of why no matter what our age that we should hve our houses in order. ((((((((((((((((((((((((( MARGIE )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh Marge, I'm so sorry. Praying for both you and Lorraine. Thank goodness you can come and share some of your burden here dear lady. We will take up as much as we can for you.

I'm sorry to hear that, Marge..
I hope she won't suffer to long and find a peaceful end of a long and filled life...

Back
Top Bottom