Noel cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elaine l

Head Chef
Years back there was a type of store boxed cookie that came out around Christmas time. It had a slight anise flavor and came in a white box. They were in shapes of Christmas trees,ornaments. I remember waiting for them. I don't remember what company made them. Anyone else remember what I am talking about?

Those cookies look good OSis but the ones I am talking about were inexpensive, on the shelf cookies. I think the last time I saw them was sometime in the 80's

I buy some from Salerno called Santa's Favorites. They are brown though, and have green and red sugar on top and they are anise flavored. The same company does have some that are white, but those are crescent cookies - loaded in powder sugar.

I buy some from Salerno called Santa's Favorites. They are brown though, and have green and red sugar on top and they are anise flavored. The same company does have some that are white, but those are crescent cookies - loaded in powder sugar.

That sounds like them The cookie is brown with red and green sugar. Is Salerno the brand? I tried to google it but didn't come up with anything to do with cookies.

here is a picture of the box - they are delicious!

Attachments

• santacookies.jpg
    santacookies.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 366
I did find a site that carries that brand. My computer however will not open the page. I will have to wait until I get to work on Monday to try it.

Thanks for the tip. I believe those are it!!!

Thank you so much. I will let you know how I make out on Monday.

Years back there was a type of store boxed cookie that came out around Christmas time. It had a slight anise flavor and came in a white box. They were in shapes of Christmas trees,ornaments. I remember waiting for them. I don't remember what company made them. Anyone else remember what I am talking about?
i DO remember those cookies, but havent seen them in a very long time! They were called Noel cookies (to the best of my knowledge), but I cannot find them ANYWHERE in Massachusetts, anyway! Any help would be much appreciated! My mom LOVES them!

Thanks

Noel Cookies

I remember them fondly and haven't been able to find them for years. I grew up in Connecticut, then moved to California and figured that's why I couldn't get them. Then my family members in CT said they couldn't find them anymore either. We all loved them! Are the Santa's Favorites the same as the Noel that we remember? I am in NJ now and the Wegman's chain claims to stock that brand, and I will certainly go get them if they are the great ones I remember.

I have heard that they are indeed the same ones. If you do go & purchase the ones from the Wegmans chain, and its the same ones, please send me an email, as I will order them through that chain.

Thank you, Michelle

Michelle,
The Wegman's in Woodbridge, NJ, did not have any. I don't know if they had them before Christmas and I was too late or if they never had them. Their website does indicate they carry them, but there is no way to check which location has them. I was going to order them from Hometown Favorites, but they have a $20 minimum order, and I didn't need anything else from them and didn't want that many cookies around - not supposed to even be eating gluten. Maybe next year I'll get my tastebuds around some. If anyone knows which Wegman's had or still has them, please let me know.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom