Odd Food Quirks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What are your odd food quirks, not like the fzct that you think lime jello is great with pineapple, but things you doo, that you don't have to, and you just do them. Here are a few of mine:

. Keebbler Shortbread Cookies - I nibble around the cookie, tyring to make the ring arond the whol as tis as humanely [ossible. Don't know why; the persnal challenge I guess. Been doing it since I was a young boy.

2. Remove skin from skinless hot dogs with my teeth, then eat the rest of the hot dog. The skin has the best flavor. Been doing that one sine I was a little boy as well. This for eating cold hot dogs.

3. Lay untasted bread onto a plate, adding thick layer of honey, and letting it soak into the bread, Ut gives the bread a sof crunch that is surprising and delightful to me.
4. Explore friction coefficient between index finger and thumb after eating fried chicken. I used to get into trouble with this one and was always told to quit playing with my food. i wasn't playing with my food. I was exxploring and figuring out how the world worked.

5. favorite smashed spuds ae made in the skin by nuking a russet, or Yucon God until done. Let cool until I dan almost handle it. Hang on with napkin and cut in half, sideways. Turn cut side up and put a tsp of butter on top. Work it into the potato with the tines of fork. Add a touch of salt, and a small bit of mik. Work it into mashed potato with fork. You get full potato flavor, and don't haave to dirty an extra pan, or bowl and potato masher. Besides, you can really personalize your potato that way, and flavor it any way you want. It's, IMHO, even better if you use the fat drippings from a good beef roast rather than butter.

6. I sometimew like to eat the breading off of shrimp, then the shrimp.

So what are your unique and strange pleasures?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I like to crush potato chips into vanilla ice cream. Tastes, to me, like salted nuts.

Also, as silly as it sounds, I love M&Ms and beer. Not IN the beer, just with the beer.

One thing I've done since I was a child is to slather applesauce over plain white bread, sprinkle some cinnamon on and roll the bread up. It reminds me of apple/cinnamon rolls.

I'm certain there are more but these are the ones that immediately come to mind.

I like the dough part of a bagel better than the outer chew crust, so I eat all the crust first and save the doughy inside for the end to savor and enjoy.

Eat a carrot by eating around the core of the carrot, then eating the core ( the core is not as sweet and tasty as the outer part).

I eat everything with a spoon. Except for spaghetti, that is fork worthy. Never use a knife ever when eating my meal ( clearly I used knives when cooking)

Im sure there are others

When I eat corn on the cob, the first bite is kind of messy. It's basically just a place to start. Then I eat the rest by using my front teeth to pull out the kernels a few at a time, neatly, finishing one row before starting the next one.

When I have a sandwich with potato chips, I like to end the lunch evenly with one bite of sandwich left, and one chip. :wacko::LOL:

I like to crush potato chips into vanilla ice cream. Tastes, to me, like salted nuts.

Also, as silly as it sounds, I love M&Ms and beer. Not IN the beer, just with the beer.

One thing I've done since I was a child is to slather applesauce over plain white bread, sprinkle some cinnamon on and roll the bread up. It reminds me of apple/cinnamon rolls.

I'm certain there are more but these are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Try Chips-Ahoy cookies. I did that back in my college days.

CD

About the only thing that would seem weird, at least for me, is that I don't like hot sauces - the vinegar based ones. I guess my food is usually hot enough anyway! lol But I just don't like adding vinegar to most things, just to add heat. Yet, I have about a dozen types of vinegars in my pantry!

Another thing I don't like - also heavily vinegar based (at least the commercial ones), so maybe this is why - Mayonnaise! I refuse to touch anything with mayo, unless I made it.

Those aren't really quirks, but things I don't like, and there's a bunch more of those! I've spoiled myself through the years.

Not sure as this qualifies, as most kids did it in my time. Purchaze a long string of basball bubblegum, pop aboutt 6 of them into yu mouth, and blow giant-sized bubbles, trying not to pop them all over y9ur face. Another was to drop Fizzies into a bottle of pop and try to drink the fountain of foam that erupted from the bottle. This was best done in the back yard, where a hose was handy to wash off with.:mrgreen::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Butter in tomato soup.

More to come as I think of them.

You people are weird. :wacko:
You say that like it's new news. :LOL: BTW, you're part of that club. :cool:

I like to crush potato chips into vanilla ice cream. Tastes, to me, like salted nuts...
You gave me a taste memory with this post. My Mom used to scoop vanilla ice cream with a potato chip! She sometimes used pretzels, too, but mostly potato chips. I had to buy a bag of chips when I shopped on Friday just to scoop vanilla ice cream - an ever-present occupant of our freezer just in case I need it for root beer floats (summer) or apple pie (mostly cool weather). Thanks for reminding me of chips and ice cream!

...Eat a carrot by eating around the core of the carrot, then eating the core...
I used to do that as a kid, but not no more.

I do not like Oreo double-stuffed cookies. Heck, don't like any Oreos that aren't the original. But as far back as I can remember, even before the inception of double-stuffed Oreos, I have made my own. I'll carefully peel off one cookie side, set it aside, and then do the same to a second Oreo. I then put them together, saving all the plain chocolate cookies to eat at the end. I suppose I could just buy a package of chocolate wafer cookies, but it wouldn't be as much fun. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom