Oh yeah...working on Christmas Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Sure, I signed on to be an employee of the service industry so I have no one but myself to blame for sitting here at work at 11:46 on christmas eve. However, if the people at the joint I service would just go home already, I could close out my books and get home before I have to eat Rudolph's dust.

My daughter, Miss Coco Dolly, is home alone slaving in the kitchen doing more prep and cooking for our Feast of the Seven Fishes. While there is nothing to love about a hundred year old liliputian house that reeks of anchovies, sardines, etc...I'd so rather be working with her than sitting here watching my unused produce rot.

Not to mention Route 10, Route 80 and probably Route 17 will still be an elongated version of the Rockefeller Ice Rink when I get out of here. So, here I sit, with three of my staff, just waiting for a call from security. We're waiting for a good word from a person who didn't even bother to come in today. Must be nice to have that kind of power. He's probably already sloshed on eggnog cocktails and has compeltely forgotten that we're still here.

And, I still need to stop at the liquor store for 2 bottles of proseco. We have got to get out of here.:ermm:

So, from the home of 1313 Mockingbird Lane where VeraBlue, her boyfriend Lou, her kids, Mark and Coco, Mark's girlfriend Sarah, Vera's exhusband Ivan and his girlfriend Blair, Blair's son, Wade, Blair's soon to be exhusband Neil and his boyfriend Gordon, her sister Nancy, brother in law Bruce, nephew Scott and the infamous Marianne and Jim all reside (just kidding, we'd have come to blows by now if we all actually lived in the same domicile) We all wish you a very merry christmas. If you blanket yourself in a mantle of love and laughter you'll never be wanting for anything; and even if you are the only one who hears the music, dance, baby dance.:santa:

Vera...I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself... you made me laugh and smile. THANK YOU!

Vera, you are a treasure!

I wish the best of Christmas for you and your whole house full of family. I am looking forward to the first Christmas in several years where both my daughters will be here With Suzanne and me. I couldn't be happier.

Have a safe trip home. I hope it comes soon.

Vera...I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself... you made me laugh and smile. THANK YOU!

I'm at work, too. But only half a day. Then it's off to buy wrapping paper, trim the tree (kinda late this year), put away the laundry and head out to my mama's for a small feast.

I figured out why I'm so glum this year. Other than having a dozen reasonable reasons to want nothing to do with Holidays this year, I have yet to watch A Christmas Story this year.

I'm at work, too. But only half a day. Then it's off to buy wrapping paper, trim the tree (kinda late this year), put away the laundry and head out to my mama's for a small feast.

I figured out why I'm so glum this year. Other than having a dozen reasonable reasons to want nothing to do with Holidays this year, I have yet to watch A Christmas Story this year.

Come to my house...we'll watch it together....and I quote "you used up all the glue on purpose!"

Lol... you crack me up. Hope you get off soon so you can get home and enjoy the festivities at your house!! And be careful on the way home. You brought back memories of winter as a kid in NJ. It's those childhood memories that made my parents decide to move to Fl when I was 12 lol...

merry christmas to you, vb, and all of your family, especially your mom and dad. say hi to them for us.

i'm at work too, but for just another half hour. then it's food shopping (gotta remember cookies and carrots for you know who), and home to spend the night with my family. cooking, baking, stringing popcorn and hanging candycanes; it doesn't get much better than this.

Vera, I wish you and yours the best for Christmas. DH has today off but works tomorrow...that is if we can see out the windows by then!

Please do wish your parents a Merry Christmas from me as well. We really got to know them through you and I thank you for that. I always delight in your threads and posts.

I also worked today. I was supposed to work until 5pm (at an investment firm, cmon.. markets closed at 1pm today, gimme a break.) But I managed to move two hours to make up next week to leave at 3... then I had to work through my lunch because of unexpected events, and well.. My boss left at 1, I left at 2:20 instead. :)

Hiya everyone! Thanks so much for all the holiday greetings and especially the well deserved pity and commiseration!

I hope all of you also had a wonderful christmas eve and a wonderful christmas day!

I'm so glad to see they finally let you go home, Vera!:) I hope your day is wonderful and bright and filled with lots of funny stuff for you to post here on DC. (I'll bet you had no idea how many of us live vicariously through your delicious posts!)

Back
Top Bottom