OK, So I Got Addicted to "Friends" Reruns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Go ahead and slander my taste in TV programming. I don't care.

That's why I haven't been here much lately. Daughter got the first four seasons of the show as a Christmas present, and I've been watching them with her. I had never seen an episode before now.

I think they are hilarious. Now I get what all the fuss was about.

Yeah, yeah, I'll get back to the history books and the other "serious" stuff later. I think I've got about six more seasons to go buy - or at least rent.

p.s. I think the addiction was enabled by the no-commercial format and watching shows back to back. Kinda like when I rented 3 seasons of The Sopranos and watched them all in one or two sittings. Good stuff.

Just had to confess.

ahh, confessions.... not much of a tv watcher here, have not seen Friends.....but your post reminds me of living with folks who did watch tv, and we would get a whole weeks worth of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, back to back, 2 1/2 hours in one sitting, pretty funny show.....really, the only way to watch that show...

Can't blame you, I happened to see one last night, by chance, it was very cute, I really liked it.

Beth, I remember MH MH. Loved it! I think that was the show that launched the career of Mary Kay Place. Remember her as Loretta, the would-be C&W singer? She went on to greater fame in The Big Chill and other movies.

Charlie: I was surprised at how much I liked it. The writing and performances really impressed me. I'm usually not one for most sitcoms.

I know, I couldn't stop watching, and I'm not even going to tell you what my other choice of activities could have been :censored: ;)

It's understandable that you got addicted. Friends is the best show to ever go on air IMO. I own all 10 seasons and never get tired of the Friends. And btw, starting with season 6, Disc 4 of every set contains a gag reel of goofs and on set jokes/gags that occurred while they were taping the show. If you though the show was hilarious, wait till you check out the gag reels!

Well, Mudbug,

I read you loud and clear. Never watched a Friends episode week to week during the series running, caught an episode here and there--could not believe what all the hoopla was about. Then I became an entrapped expat in Kazakhstan where there are few shows in English and exchanged my "Raymond" series with a Serbian friend's "Friends" and so I watched it from the beginning to the end---both of us became serious addicts to each other's series--even my husband became glued to the series and though he did a lot of traveling, I'd always wait until he was in town to watch it with him. And yes, I'm going to purchase my own Friends series.

Back
Top Bottom