Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having painful contractions all last night that kept me from sleeping. Then between 4 and 5 AM they just stopped. So--no sleep AND no baby!:furious: Apparently moving bricks does not induce labor either.

I was having painful contractions all last night that kept me from sleeping. Then between 4 and 5 AM they just stopped. So--no sleep AND no baby!:furious: Apparently moving bricks does not induce labor either.

babies will arrive when they want, just like they cry, poop, spew formula, & sleep when they want.
they're precious.
can't wait to hear 'bout your new baby!

Michelle, I know how tired you are of waiting but you're almost there! For what it's worth, the pregnancies I've had where I had a few of those episodes like yours with a few hours of strong contractions, I had much shorter labors. I think it's more like getting your early labor out of the way. So don't get discouraged - those contractions may have done a lot more than you think! And while moving bricks may not be especially good for starting labor, purposeful (meaning brisk) walking is very good for encouraging labor. It helps loosen the ligaments in your pelvis and allows gravity to bring your baby down. I'm sure your little one will be making an appearance very soon and I can't wait to hear all about it!

My first was 10 days late and I was miserable---I even got down and scrubbed the kitchen floor in hopes but no. Then my hubby comes to bed at 1am after stuffing himself with Thanksgiving leftovers. Annoyed I commented that you'd better hope the baby doesn't come tonight. No sooner is he snoring away than my son, who must have heard me, decides it's time to get things moving. And just to make sure there was no doubt that he was sincere my water broke and contractions were coming in painful 2 minute intervals.

Andy also has Yoga Forums
Love that one

and may I suggest a LOOOOONG long walk to encourage that baby to get the heck out of there? B'sgirl, there is another way to stimulate contractions...surefire not kidding, verified by medical professionals...PM me for details.

My first was 10 days late and I was miserable---I even got down and scrubbed the kitchen floor in hopes but no. Then my hubby comes to bed at 1am after stuffing himself with Thanksgiving leftovers. Annoyed I commented that you'd better hope the baby doesn't come tonight. No sooner is he snoring away than my son, who must have heard me, decides it's time to get things moving. And just to make sure there was no doubt that he was sincere my water broke and contractions were coming in painful 2 minute intervals.
They do have a way of deciding to be born at inconvenient times, don't they! I had to wake my hubby with 2 of my kids just in time for him to witness their arrival. Both times he had been working very long hours and was exhausted. My last little fellow came 11 days early and since I wasn't expecting that, I wasn't sure until about an hour before he was born that I was actually in labor! I called my daughter in Austin, who wanted to be here, and she just managed to walk in the door in time to help catch him and cut the cord. It was such a whirlwind but I can't complain - 1 hour of labor is a pretty good deal!

Amen, pds! I have a friend who has had 5 c-sections and I can't even imagine trying to take care of a new baby after major surgery!!! I personally think women who have to have a c-section should automatically get 2 weeks of household help paid for by insurance.

Geez, that's not a bad idea. But maybe it should just be 2 weeks paid household help for pregnancies involving stay at home moms, and 4 weeks if it is a c-section. And if you work, it should be maternity leave and 2 weeks household help, again 4 if you have a c-section.
The only exception to being eligible would be if the dad is a stay at home and therefore she is not responsible for the daily household tasks to begin with. But, if a c-section is involved, maybe a nurse being available to come by daily for a couple hours and help out with the baby or something.
Ahh... that perfect world we are still in search of!

Geez, that's not a bad idea. But maybe it should just be 2 weeks paid household help for pregnancies involving stay at home moms, and 4 weeks if it is a c-section. And if you work, it should be maternity leave and 2 weeks household help, again 4 if you have a c-section.
The only exception to being eligible would be if the dad is a stay at home and therefore she is not responsible for the daily household tasks to begin with. But, if a c-section is involved, maybe a nurse being available to come by daily for a couple hours and help out with the baby or something.
Ahh... that perfect world we are still in search of!
You are a silver-tongued devil!!! You know just how to sweet talk the ladies.:LOL:

I guess we didn't have that benefit back in the dinosaur days though they did keep me in the hospital a few days longer after my emergency c-section. At least I had the help of my mother-i-law for a week. You're right, Fisher's Mom, they will come when they are good and ready :)

I only had 1 c-section, the last one. I had them tie my tubes as long as they were in there. They also thought I had to have my appendix taken out at the same time (I had horrible pain in my side 3 weeks before lego girl was due and couldnt walk) but I didn't.
I'm still on maternity leave!!!! :) Haven't worked (ok full time) since before she was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom