Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I havent been paid with money for full time work since June of 1995.
Better? :)

lololol... I know what ya mean. When I think of all the back wages I'm owned from when mine was a child, it can make me cry! lol

Sorry. :rolleyes:I suppose I really have no room to complain. The due date isn't actually until Monday. It just feels overdue because my last baby was 4 weeks early and fully developed--no extra hospital stay, no oxygen tubes or anything. Besides, sometimes it just feels better to whine about it, doesn't it? :-p If she doesn't come soon though I am going to have the cleanest house/yard on the block! Ha!:LOL:

My first child I was in the room, holding onto a leg, giving encouragement, loving every second of it, wishing I had owned a cam corder at the time.
By the time the third one came around I was sitting next to her watchin TV...

The first child she was there overnight in labor, it had to be induced, and technically took 11 hours... the third one was born less than two hours after she got to the hospital and about three from the time her water broke.

I wouldn't say she had it easy (there certainly was pain involved), but much easier than some experiences apparently! I consider that a blessing.

my vent... the taxi will be here soon.. Vacation is over. I have to face reality and live in the real world again... sigh!

It has been GREAT though!!!!

Sorry. :rolleyes:I suppose I really have no room to complain. The due date isn't actually until Monday. It just feels overdue because my last baby was 4 weeks early and fully developed--no extra hospital stay, no oxygen tubes or anything. Besides, sometimes it just feels better to whine about it, doesn't it? :-p If she doesn't come soon though I am going to have the cleanest house/yard on the block! Ha!:LOL:
Being 9 months pregnant gives you a pass to complain all you want about anything you want!!! But seriously, if you are compulsively cleaning house, lots of women say that "nesting activity" happened to them just before their baby was born. (Sadly, it only happened to me twice.:()

I only had 1 c-section, the last one. I had them tie my tubes as long as they were in there. They also thought I had to have my appendix taken out at the same time (I had horrible pain in my side 3 weeks before lego girl was due and couldnt walk) but I didn't.
I'm still on maternity leave!!!! :) Haven't worked (ok full time) since before she was born.
Hey Suzie - you're still recovering! You should be on maternity leave. And I'm sure the whole Lego incident set your recovery back a couple more years!

Only 2 for me. During the second one I told him to tie my tubes. He asked if I was sure because I had a great looking uterus. I asked him if he was hitting on me. Heh heh heh. (Did I mention his wife was one of his nurses?)

I was more scared of c section than having mine. LOL Dummy me, I had both of mine natural, no meds at all. Whew, not an easy thing to do at 16 and 19. First was 21 hours, second was 16 1/2 and a preemie. Tubes tied after that one. I had Eclampsia { symptoms ignored by dr's during pregnancy }. Liver swelled to double and boy, I swear THAT hurt worse than the birth did.

Lately my daughter's friends (11 going on 12) have been distant from each other. There's been some differences between the girls and now all of us moms, who had become very close friends, are having a hard time dealing with it. I feel so much tension when I'm around one of the moms now but her daughter has decided to ignore the rest of the girls, my daughter included. I know it's a phase they go through with switching friends and ups and downs with hormones and personalities but it sure feels uncomfortable. Argh! I am staying away for a while until I figure out what to do with this situation. Sigh!.................

LOL----Alix take your compliments wherever you can get them---now you can sport a t-shirt bragging "Gorgeous Uterus" with an arrow pointing---and on the back "Just ask my Dr."
My doc told me not to worry about giving birth - he said "You could drive a Mac truck through that pelvis." Wait, now that I think about it, that would only be a compliment to another OB/GYN. And I can't even begin to imagine how to put that on a T-shirt.:ohmy:

My doc told me not to worry about giving birth - he said "You could drive a Mac truck through that pelvis." Wait, now that I think about it, that would only be a compliment to another OB/GYN. And I can't even begin to imagine how to put that on a T-shirt.:ohmy:

Holy Christmas, Batman!:ohmy: In my day, the doc just said, "So and so was built to have babies."

Lately my daughter's friends (11 going on 12) have been distant from each other. There's been some differences between the girls and now all of us moms, who had become very close friends, are having a hard time dealing with it. I feel so much tension when I'm around one of the moms now but her daughter has decided to ignore the rest of the girls, my daughter included. I know it's a phase they go through with switching friends and ups and downs with hormones and personalities but it sure feels uncomfortable. Argh! I am staying away for a while until I figure out what to do with this situation. Sigh!.................

That happened to me about that age. My parents felt bad for me and got me cat (I didn't know that was why until I was grown up and married). I don't remember if it helped or not. I just know it eventually passed. I always had good family support, which helped.

That's really hard, Dina. I've been close with moms of my kids' friends and it's a fine line to walk when the kids fall in and out of favor with each other. Luckily, the other moms have always been aware, too, that the kids' friendships will have lots of ups and downs because they are kids. It's always been kind of an unspoken agreement that we would keep our friendships separate from the kids. Still, there are times when it's fairly uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom