Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did the biopsy on BIL. It is definately Mesothelioma. Doctor gave him 6 months to live. I don't feel to well now.

My own vent is that I am at my mom's trying to help her get everything done but we can't because the medical examiner still hasn't issued a death certificate for my brother. It's a large city and they have a backlog. The funeral home said it could take as long as 4 months! It's driving my mom crazy. (They did release his body though and we were able to have him cremated already, thankfully.) Anybody else have any experience with this? I do remember it took 2 weeks to get my dad's and he died in a hospital so there was no medical examiner involved.

I'm sorry for you & your family's loss, FM. My situation is prob different than yours. Being the only surviving child, to settle my mother's estate (in NY), I had to get everyone's DC sent to California. It was some time after the fact, though. Had I been in NY, I may have gotten them sooner going to the hall of vital records (?). I downloaded the forms, filled them out, enclosed a check etc & it took over a month. The only thing I can think of is to check w a vital records dept in your state. Hope that helps. Again, my condolences to you & yours.

So sorry to hear about your brother's passing. I hope all issues get resolved and your mom is finally relieved from it all. Prayers for your family are coming your way.
Sometimes you can talk to the coroner directly and tell him your situation I did that when my dad died as my brother lived in Oregon and I lived in New Mexico my dad lived in Georgia the coroner came thru for us. You live in a large city but it's worth a try. You would be surprised what you can get if you just ask and explain your situation.

They did the biopsy on BIL. It is definately Mesothelioma. Doctor gave him 6 months to live. I don't feel to well now.
I'm so,. so sorry to hear this. Just know me and all of DC are here for you. My prayers go to your BIL and you and all of your family.

My own vent is that I am at my mom's trying to help her get everything done but we can't because the medical examiner still hasn't issued a death certificate for my brother. It's a large city and they have a backlog. The funeral home said it could take as long as 4 months! It's driving my mom crazy. (They did release his body though and we were able to have him cremated already, thankfully.) Anybody else have any experience with this? I do remember it took 2 weeks to get my dad's and he died in a hospital so there was no medical examiner involved.

I am so sorry for what you and your mom are going through. I had to take care of things when my grandmother, mother and father died. When mom died dad had a heart attack. So he was in intensive care when I buried mom. If it wasn't for my 5 children being there for me I don't think I would have made it. Thank God for our familys.

Stacy,
I'm sorry to hear this..This kind of thing is so hard to handle..You feel helpless and angry and wonder what to do..Just be you Stacy, if you have to cry, get angry and yell..But remember, there are many who love you and will cry and be angry, yell and scream with you..We all care and want to do what ever we can to ease you hurt..We are here Stacy..Take care of you, your family especially your sister need to lean on you right now.
cj

Stacy, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm really at a loss for words. You can count on my prayers as he goes through this.

Fisher's Mom, I pray everything is resolved very soon.

Barbara

Stacey, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I know you have your interview tomorrow and it will be hard to stay focused. Know that you will be lifted in prayer and thoughts. Take care.

You guys are great friends! I don't know how my sister is going to handle this. Not only losing her husband, but, his family when he is gone. They are the kind that leaches from you for life. They always made him do things that needed to be done, because he's got his own company therefore the money, which, is really not true. His 3 brothers and sister have always worked for him. I dread what is coming from them and his worthless kids. He hasn't even seen 2 of them in about 10 years, but, I'll bet she will get it from them too. It's a real mess and I'm afraid for my sister's sanity. Thank you for your loving thoughts and if you will, keep my sister and bil in your prayers.

That is just so sad! I hope he is able to beat the odds or at least prepare himself and his family for what is to come!

I'm so sorry to hear this Stacy. My prayers are with your family.

My son goes in tomorrow morning to see a surgeon. The lump on the neck is not a lymph node but a mass of some sort. Although the blood count came out normal and doesn't show signs of cancerous cells he will probably need a biopsy to check what it is. Please keep him in your prayers.

Dina, you and your son are both in my prayers. I know how frightening this must be for you. I am glad you have gotten the appointment so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom