Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, I only stepped away from the computer for a few days and it seems to have been a monsterous time for several of you! I am so sorry to hear of the problems DC members have been experiencing recently but especially to Terry, Dina and Stacy. My thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry to hear this Stacy. My prayers are with your family.

My son goes in tomorrow morning to see a surgeon. The lump on the neck is not a lymph node but a mass of some sort. Although the blood count came out normal and doesn't show signs of cancerous cells he will probably need a biopsy to check what it is. Please keep him in your prayers.
Oh Dina, I'm really sorry. Reading this gave me a sick feeling in my stomach because I have a 15 yo son too and I know how scared I'd be. It's encouraging that his blood work is all good and he's a healthy guy and I'm sure it will all be good in the end, but till then it's awful. Please let us know what the surgeon says. I'm sending your son healing vibes and sending you a big hug from one mama to another.

Aww Stacy, I'm so sorry about your BIL. Aside from getting this awful news, how is he doing physically? Is he able to get around? Do you live near your sister? How is she handling the news? I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers and please keep us updated.

Sometimes you can talk to the coroner directly and tell him your situation I did that when my dad died as my brother lived in Oregon and I lived in New Mexico my dad lived in Georgia the coroner came thru for us. You live in a large city but it's worth a try. You would be surprised what you can get if you just ask and explain your situation.
Thanks, JP. I did talk to the ME's office and they were super nice. It is in Houston, where my brother lived. They finally issued a pending death certificate which we may be able to pick up on Friday. Since my brother died at home and he was only 50, the medical examiner autopsied him to find out why he died. They told me yesterday that, of course, there was no sign of foul play but there was also no grossly apparent cause of death - he didn't have another heart attack. So his fluids and tissues have been sent for multiple studies and it may take 4-6 months.

It could have been a problem with one of his heart meds. He got a letter yesterday from WalMart Pharmacy titled "Urgent Drug Recall". It seems one of his heart meds could have been from a lot that contained twice the amount of digitalis than it should have. The letter said to stop taking this med and call your doc immediately for further instruction. It said too much of this drug can cause sudden death.

I called the ME's office to tell them about this. They had taken all of his meds with them when they came to collect his body so I couldn't check the lot numbers on his prescription. They asked if I could fax them the letter and they would pay special attention to his digitalis levels.

I got home after midnight last night because my son's 16th birthday is tomorrow. Then it's back to Houston again on Saturday. Honestly, there has been so much to do and my mom's health is so poor that I've really been on auto-pilot for the past 2 weeks. Driving home last night it finally hit me and I cried all the way home. It was a really good cry. And even though my eyes are still swollen today and I look like crap, I feel much better. I know this is all TMI and I thank you for being my good friends who will let me vent this stuff.

So sorry about all of this! I'm glad you feel better after a good cry. It sounds like like your theory about the medicine could really be the problem. How sad that they sent the letter too late!

So sorry about all of this! I'm glad you feel better after a good cry. It sounds like like your theory about the medicine could really be the problem. How sad that they sent the letter too late!
Believe it or not, reading about your lovely baby girl's birth really helped me these past 2 weeks. Death is always sad, but a birth reminds us that "The Circle of Life" isn't just a song from a movie.

My son's diagnosis was a thyroglossal duct cyst that will require surgery. The surgeon wants to get it done this summer once Justin's out of school. We're still going to an ENT doctor for a second opinion for everyone's peace of mind.

Dina, I just saw this. I'm glad the diagnosis wasn't as bad as I'm sure you feared. I will continue to pray that the second opinion shows the same or even better.

:)Barbara

My son's diagnosis was a thyroglossal duct cyst that will require surgery. The surgeon wants to get it done this summer once Justin's out of school. We're still going to an ENT doctor for a second opinion for everyone's peace of mind.
Hang on Dina, it's time for things to get better..Prayers coming and good thoughts too..Lots of hugs to you and family..
kadesma

Wow, Dina, I just Googled this and it doesn't look like it is a pleasant thing. Is he having pain from it? I'm glad you are getting a second opinion just to be sure this is the right diagnosis and course of treatment. It's always scary to have a child require surgery. Will he have to have his thyroid monitored regularly after this? Please keep us posted and tell him there are lots of people thinking of him.

Dina, I am so glad this is getting taken care of, but yes, it is good you are not stopping here. Prayers are still on their way to you, your son and the rest of your family. Please do keep us posted and also know that you are not alone - we are here for you.

I just got off the phone with our "daughter". She called yesterday to say that her belly button was sore (no she doesn't have a piercing) and she went to the doctor who kind of laughed at her that she would come at the first sign of pain and swelling there. She was told by said doctor it could be part of one of the cold viruses that is going around (not serious) or to do with her reproductive system (serious when told to a 24 year old!) and no treatment was given.

Today it is full of puss, she cant get her pants done up and couldn't lived three trays at work (Mickey D's and she is a strong hard worker). We are now taking her to emergency to see if we can get better answers. She is also scared out of her mind that is something serious and, that she will lose her new job for taking time off. Please pray.

Prayers on the way Laurie, also a great big bear hug for you and your daughter.
kades

Ouch, hope it is nothing serious. I hate it when doctors act like that. I have taken the stance of telling them back, "OK Doogie if you are done playing doctor now, I would appreciate it if you could send a real one in."
They usually flip a bunch of attitude but it does work. Since I spend so much time at the hospital and/or doctors office I am constantly filling out the surveys. I take them very seriously and always let em know just exactly what I think of some of these guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom