Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sprained my ankle 2-3 weeks ago and it is still not getting better. It is so frustrating. I have tried to stay off of it as much as possible. Prop it up every evening and ice it. Never have I had a sprain that has so much pain. Well, I will just have to keep babying it but I wish it would just get better.

Hope it does soon SierraCook. I know the annoyance you are going thru. I have been accident/injury prone recently and have had two infections in the same foot (one week apart), a ulcer (according to the podiatrist - but I have my doubts personally) on my big toe of the other foot, a rather large gash from a neighbour's cat on my shin that has required AB's and a tetnus shot and is still infected nearly two weeks later, and have pulled a tendon in the thigh of my same leg!!! My mum went out last week and bought me a walking stick!!! LOL Nothing as painful as a sprained ankle though. All impediments to getting things done though.

I sprained my ankle 2-3 weeks ago and it is still not getting better. It is so frustrating. I have tried to stay off of it as much as possible. Prop it up every evening and ice it. Never have I had a sprain that has so much pain. Well, I will just have to keep babying it but I wish it would just get better.
:) Are you wearing a good ankle brace? If not get one to wear when you are on your feet it will help a lot. Make sure it fits properly. I like the velcro type so I can adjust the tightness myself.

Thanks, Bilby and jpmcgrew. I have an ankle brace that I was fitted for by my podiatrist. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have sprained this ankle and that is why she gave me a good ankle brace. My brother got married this weekend and I think that I overdid walking on my ankle helping with the wedding, etc. Luckily, at work I have been assigned alot of office and computer work. So, that will keep me off my feet. Normally, this time of the year I would be walking around the forest getting ready for the summer field season.

Thanks, Mav and Bilby.

Tara went to my doctor today and she ordered a whole series of tests at a different hospital (one she works out of), including the ultrasound that was never done. She has agreed to take Tara on as a patient and is very concerned about her condition. The doctor assured us that it couldn't possibly be colitis, which I knew and made Tara feel much better.

Thanks everyone and I apologize for this taking up so much of this thread.
No need to apologize,that is why this thread is here..Gives us all a chance to reach out and support and know others care..Glad Tara is getting some help at last.

kadesma

Thanks, Bilby and jpmcgrew. I have an ankle brace that I was fitted for by my podiatrist. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have sprained this ankle and that is why she gave me a good ankle brace. My brother got married this weekend and I think that I overdid walking on my ankle helping with the wedding, etc. Luckily, at work I have been assigned alot of office and computer work. So, that will keep me off my feet. Normally, this time of the year I would be walking around the forest getting ready for the summer field season.
Good to see you SC..Hope you can rest that ankle and get better soon.

kadesma

New developments on my son, Justin. He had some more blood work done yesterday to check his thyroid. Thursday, he goes in to radiology for a thyroid scan. His pediatrician wants to check that everything's running okay with the thyroid. He goes to the endocrinologist on Monday and then to see an ENT the following week. Drs. want to make sure what they are dealing with when the surgery takes place in 4 weeks. I'm hopeful that all will go well. Thank you for your continued prayers for my son. I'll keep you posted.

Well, good news from my end at least! My daughter's tests came back and she had an infection which, inept as he was, the second doctor gave the right antibiotics for and she is doing much better. He was way off on his diagnosis, and the medicine didn't fit the diagnosis he gave, but it IS working and that is what counts. I am so glad to finally see some colour in her cheeks and the life back in her eyes. Thanks everyone for your prayers and advice.

I'm glad you finaly got some decent help Laurie, what a bunch of crud to go thru!

Good to hear she's doing better LP.

I just made it in. Justin and I have been at the radiology department since 8:00 this morning, took an iodine pill then back for the thyroid scan. I'm so tired and still need to take daughter to dance class tonight. I need to be back at the radiology dept at 7:00 a.m., pediatrician at 3:45 then take daughter to her school dance at 6 p.m. Sigh!!! I need a break.

Good to hear she's doing better LP.

I just made it in. Justin and I have been at the radiology department since 8:00 this morning, took an iodine pill then back for the thyroid scan. I'm so tired and still need to take daughter to dance class tonight. I need to be back at the radiology dept at 7:00 a.m., pediatrician at 3:45 then take daughter to her school dance at 6 p.m. Sigh!!! I need a break.

Oh, I feel for you!! Kids take up so much of your time and when they're sick, it's worse because your stressed on top of being tired. Try to get some sleep tonight.

Dina, I am really praying for Justin and adding one for strength for you!

Everyone, I really appreciate all your thoughts and prayers for my daughter and we still need them. Tara took a turn for the worst today and ended up back at the doctor we went to on Monday. I couldn't go with her because our dog was sick and we ended up at the vet this morning and DH and I had our own appointments out of town.

Tara called me and said that the doctor had ordered a copy of the CT scan and that it showed NO inflamation or infection of the colon as the second hospital doc had said. The infection that Tara's doctor (one I have gone to myself here in town and she is very good found from the tests on Monday was legitimate and is actually clearing up. However, the pain was becoming acute again and the female doctor said the CT scan showed definitely......are you ready for this..... inflamation around the APPENDIX!!!!! I am an hour away and have my poor daughter crying on the phone worried that she will lose her new job and in terrible pain, reliving last weekend all over again.

The doctor says she wants the ultrasound done, but outside the hospital there would be a 3 week wait. She ordered a third set of bloodwork and sent Tara home to wait. Well, I get a call as I am coming out of my doctor that the blood work once again is normal so "it can't be appendix". She says Tara can't go to work until the ultrasound which has been moved up one week to June 3. They are pretty well certain that it is a cyst, but need the ultrasound to prove it. She just wants to know what is wrong and to feel better.

I am just beside myself. I had to deal with my own bad news that it may take another 6 months to see the surgeon, let alone get a surgery date, for my knee, and that I will have to go for cortosone shots in both arms AND both hips. My dog is very sick with a form of kennel cough, DH's work was in chaos today so his day off was cut short, and then I find out that this young woman whom I love as if she was my own child, is in such emotional and physical pain.

I have a catering order for tomorrow that I have to start working on and my heart is not in it. I feel so bad going off like this when there are others, such as Dina, Stacey's BIL, etc. who have as many or more burdens, but this is just such a wonderful place to be able to let it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom