Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacy I admire how you, and your son are handling this. The baby IS the innocent party and from what you say in your two posts I almost hope it is your son's because it sounds like the child will have half a chance! I am praying for all of you.

Thank you, that means a lot to me. I am blessed to have been raised into a very loving family. I will never turn my back on blood.

good for u stacy. you will be a super grandma if it comes to that. give son a pat on the back for stepping up.

these young people don't seem to know that a baby is at least an 18 year commitment. sign of the times i guess.

best wishes,
babe:flowers::flowers:

You all know how crazy I am about my grandkids..Well I love all kids, but some parents really tick me off..We went to Toy's r us to get Ethans scooter for his birthday tomorrow..Over the intercom..Little Bobby is having a Birthday say happy birthday as he goes by..I start out of the aisle I'm in and little Bobby runs smack into me knocking me down on the bike he is riding all over the store...Yep all over going so fast he hasn't time to think about stopping..Needless to say that 's gonna leave marks!!! I get myself up, and go to where they have saftey head gear avoiding little Bobby who has now decide riding in circle in this area is fun Ha Ha..There I have to jump out of the way of 4 teens who have decided to try out all the different skate boards..Yippee..One young girl tells me ever so nicely to get the hell out of the way!!! Know what? I pushed the cart up to an empty check out and tell the clerk, I'm going to Target..Oh and little Bobby's mommy, tells me that I shouldn't have told her baby to watch where he was going I hurt his feelings..Aren't I a meanie? Now to take some Ibuprofin and climb into bed...
kadesma:(

IF ONLY I HAD BEEN THERE!!
I don't understand why people have stopped disciplining their kids. They are children for heavens sake. Teach them to be freaking human!!! All they are anymore are BRATS!!

I used to "pull regular playground duty" at MacDonald's when my children were growing up and some were trying to push their ways on the slide I guess the teacher voice and the "look" kept the moms of their angels from correcting me. Even today I don't hesitate to stop other children from engaging in unsafe play----better that than their parents getting sued......I just love the kids that are allowed to push the carts up the back of your legs----they really get the frightening "dagger eyes". Of course the topic of misbehavior in restaurants has already been covered

I'm sorry, but, I just had some info comfirmed, I said I didn't want to say anything until I knew more. Well, there is a VERY good chance that I will be a Grandma in December.
Unfortunately, the mamma will be the cheating girlfriend of my youngest son. She is still with the best friend she cheated on him with too. I will say, that no matter who the mamma is, if the DNA shows my boy to be the dad, I don't care who the mamma is. The baby is innocent of any wrong doings and will treated just as it is, MY grandbaby. I'm waiting to here from her on myspace. Right now, until that test is made, it will be the boyfriends in my mind and my son is not going to take responsibility, due to legal reasons. The due date is December 10. If test shows him as the dad, that baby will be spoiled to death, I can say that!!!
Stacy, if it is your grandchild, that will be a very lucky child! You are such a lovely and caring person and I really admire your poise in this situation. It must be hard not knowing for sure (for both you and your son), but ya'll are keeping your thoughts on what's important - a new life coming into the world under less than optimum circumstances. Thank heavens for this child that you're one of the interested parties - so many babies are born that don't have anyone ready to welcome them! A big pat on the back for you, girlfriend!

You guys are making me blush:blush:
That is just the way I feel. Now at first, I wanted to cry.
We will see how it turns out in December. I half would love for it to be mine:)
It would will have the grandmother that my boys never had, that's for sure!!!:angel::LOL:

IF ONLY I HAD BEEN THERE!!
I don't understand why people have stopped disciplining their kids. They are children for heavens sake. Teach them to be freaking human!!! All they are anymore are BRATS!!

I can't even go there, being from the old country my views are at least a 2 generations back, so to me this kind of behavior is absolutely unacceptable, I get so mad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I have seen it all, I worked up front at a large discount store for 23 years as a supervisor. I have seen both sides, were a parent was out of control and were the children were unbelieveably spoiled. I once saw a little girl of about 4, slap her dad hard right across the face. He just smiled and stood there. I once saw a man drag a little boy of about 7 out the door by his hair. We called the police on him. I thank God every day that I am retired from that job. It still upsets me.

kades thanks for that, I always feel like I'm making my oldest the odd man out because we are constantly reminding and flat out nagging the poor kid about how to behave, and he sees other kids do whatever they feel like and get away with it.
Someday when half his class is in prison I suppose he'll say thank you!

<rant>

The screen on my laptop just died. Or at least, the switch turning the screen on when the lid is lifted.

I'll have to look into warranty info. I know I bought a protection plan that "if ANYTHING" happens to it, it'll be fixed, or replaced. I only have two problems with that. A) It's been a year, and that plan may have expired. B) The company I bought it from has closed its only retail outlet here in Tulsa.

Looks like I may just be threw with messing around with laptops. Period.

</rant>

that is annoying, hope you can get it resolved, i hate it when you have something, but when it needs support the company that made iit is closed down or gone bankrupt or whatever ... :ohmy:

kades thanks for that, I always feel like I'm making my oldest the odd man out because we are constantly reminding and flat out nagging the poor kid about how to behave, and he sees other kids do whatever they feel like and get away with it.
Someday when half his class is in prison I suppose he'll say thank you!
Suzie, you keep reminding him..Soon, it will become a normal part of his life..And, you will have a child that will be welcome in anyones home..Kids are not born talking truck driver swear words or swinging from the ceiling lamps..They learn it at home or at ma and pa's..Watch a kid who most of the time seems to ignore your Timmy be careful or stop that..Just say a swear word and he stops what he is doing and finds a way to say exactly what you did with a big grin and look at me on his face..Say you hate peas at the dinner table and tomorrow the kid who would gobble them down, all of a sudden refuses them..We have to be the ones they mimic and want to be like..Mine use oh hector or dag nabit instead of something rude..If they come home with a swear word, we sit down just the two of us and have a talk...usually we never hear the bad word again..I've taught them that they are special and will be treated that way if they act special, not snooty, but good and kind..So far, we are doing well..I bet your little ones are really good kids..And all of them do slip, then we talk, get a hug and are told just what a wonderful person they are.When I have to nag a kid about behaving a certain way, I always tell them, this way sweetie, other will look at you and say, wow, what a great young man you are and they will then be glad to meet you and know you.
kades;)

Last edited:
I ran into that same scenerio last week with my little buddy whom I tutor, as did the little boy who I tutored before him.

The boy said that he had been reading all day, and when he and his classmate came downstairs she went and grabbed a game, so he followed behind her to get one also.

The coordinator said that he had to read some first before playing any game. He got very angry at her and started venting because the girl is always playing a game and he's not! I understood his anger and frustrations. I'd be mad as well!

If he has to read first before getting a game, which he often does, then so should she!

He didn't get violent, but he WAS very upset and irate to the point where he began to cry! I couldn't really blame him for that. He had just about enough of her having things her way, when he's doing the right thing!

Of course, I had to try to cheer him up as I always do with him and the others whom I tutor. I feel like a marriage cuncilor trying to patch up disputes with the kids. Haha!! But I want the kids to be happy went they come to read.

He's poked fun at and tourmented by this girl, yet SHE is ther one who is being pandered, pampered and spoiled!

Which is true. So the coordinator and myself were finally successful in getting him to read. I had to work out a deal with the boy. That if he reads a little for me for about 20 minutes, he can play a game afterwards. He likes that idea!

I told him that reading is good for everyone. He'll see that when he gets a little bit older. And he'll have ME to thank for helping and guiding him!:)

Last edited:
IN March we decided to redesign our livingroom and diningroom area to a faux great room and our former family room into a formal diningroom. You think it would be easy enough being as there was no major construction involved-just painting a wall or two and having a hardwood floor refinished as well as ordering new furniture and an area rug.Well-we also had to order blinds for our large circle top front window and side window- we had a great visit with a guy from Budget Blinds in our area and sent him with our $2000.00 order and a cash deposit of $1200 only to have him reneiged on our contract when the blinds supposedly came in and sent us our check back and became irrate with us for no reason- we're still shaking our heads on this one.Next was having the floors refinshed- although they eventually turned out fine- the guy never showed up when he said he was going to.We also asked for the "dustless" system and he "forgot" and we're still cleaning dust out of cracks and crevices.Now comes the area rug- lo and behold - there is a whole in it- we're promised an immediate turn around- that was last Monday still no rug. Our special order furniture arrives last Wed. the coffee table is scratched and chipped and the sofa is the right fabric but, the wrong piece altogether!! We were trying to finish this by Memorial Day weekend and it doesn't look like it will be finished by Jimmy's surgery date next Tuesday either. Although this is all minor stuff in the big scheme of things- it's all nonetheless annoying!!!!Thanks for letting me complain!!! Love and energy, Vicki

Although this is all minor stuff in the big scheme of things- it's all nonetheless annoying!!!!Thanks for letting me complain!!! Love and energy, Vicki
It's only minor when it's somebody else's house, Vicki! Something always goes wrong with home improvement projects, but it sounds like your project has had more than it's share. I hope everything finally resolves perfectly and that the surgery outcome is excellent.
Terry

Thank you Terry or your support- I really want to sit back and laugh about the whole thing but, the tears just keep flowing.LOve and energy, Vicki

i know it doesn't help much, but remodels always have snags.

years ago we added a huge family room and a new bathroom. everything that could go wrong did go wrong. in the end it was beautiful.

i place this mess right in with customer service.

so sorry u have had so much trouble.

babe:ohmy::ohmy:

Vicki, I too understand the renovation blues. We owned a "little fixer-uper" for seven years that turned into the Nightmare on Elm Street (actually it was 84th Avenue, but that doesn't go with the movie title very well). I agree with Babe that you seem to be having a customer service nightmare; however I am assuming it is with several different stores/suppliers. Take some deep breaths and know that "this too shall pass". I will be thinking of your husband on his surgery next Tuesday. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom