Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FM, I pray for you, rough times with no steak allowed!! I can relate to restricted diets, been on one for 10 years (at least my Dr. thinks I have been, LOL). Most of the times the side effects effect only a small portion of those that take the medicines, but our luck we end up in that small portion. Right now one of mine, no idea which of the 15 I take, is causing, um, 'leakage' and slight bleeding. Uggg.
As for statins they are for high cholesterol, been on them for years with no side effects and they did their job. I think Lipitor and Zocor if I remember correctly, would have to check my meds list to be sure which I am on now, LOL.

Edit: As for sleeping thru the night, I can't remember the last time that happened for me. I sleep a little at night until the nightmares wake me up, then later I might catch a couple of hours during the day. So, a few here a few there is the best I can hope for.
Oh man, Mav! Thank you for posting this. (I feel like a big 'ole girl for whining about my 2 little meds when you deal with all of yours and diabetes! And I get a full night's sleep every night - I'm going to be more thankful now.) I'm glad to hear the statins haven't caused you problems - it makes me feel better about taking it. Those package inserts are really scary!

Also, tonight I'll be praying that you and Laurie have a few hours at least of blissful sleep, my friend.

By law they have to put all that stuff in there, but somewhere in there it should also mention how often these side effects occurred, usually in 1% of those that took it in most cases, and for most of them it was mild and/or passed quickly. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you have a problem with one, just tell your doctor and they can try another one. There are many out there, so finding which one is right for you should not be a problem.

Why do pathology results take SO long? I'm so fed up waiting for my son's biopsy results. The procedure was done last Monday, June 2nd and we have to wait until the 12th to get the darn results. Argh!!! I'm sick waiting and wondering what my son has on that lump in his neck. Would you please keep him in your prayers ya'll?
Dina, I'm thinking about you, girlfriend. I'll be praying that you receive wonderful news tomorrow when you get your son's path report. I know tonight will be a long one for you, but please know you're not alone. All of your friends here are waiting with you! Be sure and post as soon as you can tomorrow when you get the report. Till then - big hugs to you and your son.

I have/had a horrid time taking niacin. It made me feel like I had the worst sun burn ever, I even turned RED. Most of the pain was on my face and neck but a few times it moved down into my arms and legs. Dr. told me to eat a low fat snack with it and take one asprin a day. The side effects have not gone away totally but, it's a heck of a lot better.

Seems like lots of people have been having a horrid time since I last visited DC. I felt for all of you as I read the posts.

I try not to vent as I am of the belief that what I may complain about today could be ten times worse tomorrow (LOL) but my vent here is that I will have to cut down my time on DC on a more permanent basis. I have had a huge tax bill coming and it arrived last week so now my finances are very, very restricted. One of the areas that I can cut down on is my internet access. If I drop my plan down to something basis, the cats, birds and I (and the dog down the street that keeps stealing my tray of cats biscuits!!) can eat!! ;-) The tax dept changed the way the wanted to tax me last year so instead of me just paying one lump sum with my tax return each year, I now get taxed quarterly which would have been fine if they did it for the tax year that I still had to submit but they started on the current year and so took all the money that I needed to pay the previous year's bill, which is now what I am dealing with. It will all balance out over a couple of years or sooner if/when I can return to work, just tough for now. But such is life!!

I am also concerned for a couple of my cats too which isn't helping things. My really old cat is really acting her age at the moment, so while I don't think her end is immediately pending, it is looking like more of a defined moment in time. Tammy is 21.5 years old and she may perk up again when I end up putting the oil heater on - which she loves, but costs a lot to run. My other black cat, Kimba, has had three cases of the runs in under a month, the last two on Saturday night and Tuesday morning. I have had to wash all three beds, including the duvets themselves, not to mention countless coversheets etc. He wanted to snuggle the other night, so I lay there comforting him clasping tissues to his rear!! LOL Each bout only lasts about 8 hours but as he has been run over twice in his life and has a lot of damage as a result, I am concerned that it is more indicative of a degenerative problem than a bug. Will see if he has another bout.

Anyway, I am very good at staying positive and putting fears behind me - doesn't do me any good to focus on them. Deal with things as they happen - if they do.

Anyway, I will still try to check in every few days or so. Stay well and happy folks!! Until the next time, take care.

Well Bilby, I for one think that sucks!!!!
I hope you can visit more often than you think but always know we are thinking of you!

Thanks Suzi. At least I am economising in the winter - I can put on more clothes to stay warm. It would suck severely if it was summer and I couldn't run the a/c!!! LOL It is all a bit new as I only made the arrangement with the tax dept on Monday. I wasn't going to give them as much as I am each week but they wouldn't accept what I was offering, so I am assuming a fairly bad time financially but life deals you some good things as well as bad so I'm just sucking and seeing a bit. Just don't want to think it is all too cruisey and then end up in a really bad place. At least I have my family to fall back on. Lots of people are in a worse position than I am and they survive. The net is about the only luxury (other than food!) that I can cut back on. I still be around though.

Bilby, does your local library provide internet service whatsoever? Boy, I'd hate to see you because of financial straits---our local library does...........oh, my I sure hope that you can work things out and yes, I know all about cutting out unnecessary expenses.......I remember having to record a piece of bubble gum in our financial records back in the 70's that's how tight of a budget we were on..........

When my DD was in college, they would drive to local hotels and sit in the parking lot with their laptops and use the hotels wireless. I know a lot of hotels and restaurants here in the states have wireless, I don't know about Australia. Shoot sometimes if your neighbors have unsecured wireless you can just tap into theirs.

I can remember one time supporting DW while she went back to Harper Community College to get her Horticulture Degree. Things were so tight, we lived off liver and potatoes for months at a time and never ran the A/C in the apartment. We also had the heat turned down in the summer and wore heavy clothing around the house. At one point we didn't even have car insurance for six months, or phone service for another six months. But, we survived and it did get better. It is nice to see her finally using that degree though...

Around here even the McDonalds have Internet access for free. As for the hotels, most of them have secured their wireless access so that may be harder to find. Look for the coffee shops as they might still have free Internet access. To bad you and a neighbor can't share a wireless Internet connection, you could split the cost and probably have full access.
I have a wireless network detector I carry with me to see where there are unsecured wireless networks I can use. At home, my laptop can pick up as many as five networks in the area including mine, but all are secured as is mine.

Went to the Dr. today. Told her I was still having chest pains on the right side that sometimes traveled down to the elbow. Also told her I had been told this was a side effect from them taking the mammary vein from the right side.
She says "right side eh? Well that's funny cause they took the vein from the left side."
So, now she wants me to get into the Cardiologist ASAP to find out why the right side is hurting.
That should take a good month or so to get done...

Then she goes thru the medications on my list, and says "this is confusing, where is the Lopressor?" The state refused it. Now I know why my heart rate shoots up when I try to go to PT. So we end with her wanting to see me in three months. Three months? Wow I must be in good shape if we can go that long before seeing her again! So now I am feeling pretty good, only the receptionist tells me they don't fill out the schedule that far in advance, call back in two months...

Whatever...

Wow, Maverick, I can't believe that it takes that long to see a doctor where you live.......my doctor's office was refusing to schedule an apptmt. for my husband for a colonoscopy until the Dr. saw him.....I pleaded and said that he was only in town for 10 days and he was 53 years old and would have the test no matter what so please put him down in the surgery schedule as I wanted to be sure that he had it.........the hoops that I had to go thru........but she reluctantly agreed.....he saw the Dr. and sure enough the exam room was totally packed that morning....the nurses were running like crazy and to this day I could repeat for you word for word the spiel the nurses gave the patients........as it turned out my husband had a precancerous lesion that was removed during the colonoscopy.....surprised the heck out of him

Maverick, sometimes heart surgery has the side effects of "healing pains".......this might be what your problem is or there is inflammation along the right rib cage........glad that you have a proactive Dr.........of course you should have it checked out and you've also been under a lot of stress recently, too.......please try and take it easy and if you can apply warm compresses to the area and see if that helps---I always use the microwaveable wraps..........so are you able to get the lopressor? Please take care and hope that you get to see a cardiologist soon

Well, now I'm going to waitfor the bomb to drop.Kids truck was just repo'd.
When the bank sees it, they're going to have a ball with me. Stupid kid!! I will NEVER do anything like that again for my kids!!I just hope that they don't sue me, I have nothing to give, but, my house and I'lll be da#$%^ if they get that.

Stacy, I really feel for you girl. Life just keeps throwing the punches at you lately. My heart and prayers go out to you.

Yeah, I think I will keel over if something good happens!!LOL
I'm okay though. I'm made of tougher stuff than that, just had to rant. lol

Ut-oh thats not good. I take it you were a co-signer on it, which is what has you worried? Had this happen to my SIL when she lost her job, her mom had co-signed the loan. The harassed the heck out of them until one day they sent a certified letter that they had filed suit asking for a lien against the MILs house.
Turns out if they win and get the lien, they can force a sale of the house to re-coup their money. MIL ended up taking out a loan on the house to pay the lien and keep her house.
Nasty business, I am so sorry you are going thru this.

Wow, Maverick, I can't believe that it takes that long to see a doctor where you live.......my doctor's office was refusing to schedule an apptmt. for my husband for a colonoscopy until the Dr. saw him.....I pleaded and said that he was only in town for 10 days and he was 53 years old and would have the test no matter what so please put him down in the surgery schedule as I wanted to be sure that he had it.........the hoops that I had to go thru........but she reluctantly agreed.....he saw the Dr. and sure enough the exam room was totally packed that morning....the nurses were running like crazy and to this day I could repeat for you word for word the spiel the nurses gave the patients........as it turned out my husband had a precancerous lesion that was removed during the colonoscopy.....surprised the heck out of him

Maverick, sometimes heart surgery has the side effects of "healing pains".......this might be what your problem is or there is inflammation along the right rib cage........glad that you have a proactive Dr.........of course you should have it checked out and you've also been under a lot of stress recently, too.......please try and take it easy and if you can apply warm compresses to the area and see if that helps---I always use the microwaveable wraps..........so are you able to get the lopressor? Please take care and hope that you get to see a cardiologist soon

Nope, no Lopressor.
And we got a letter today from Illinois Medicaid/Harmony HMO saying they will not cover my appendix operation because they were not faxed the info on what it was. Um, if you weren't faxed any info, how do you know what it was? DW yelled at em this morning for a couple of hours, and supposedly they are going to contact my doctor and 'work it out'. They literally referenced exactly what I was in the hospital for, but then claimed that they didn't know what I was in the hospital for and that is why they refused payment.... neat trick.
As for the Cardiologist, that takes a referral to go see him, and my doctor didn't write one out for me.. so I don't think that will be happening anytime soon either.

People who have absolutely no respect for others time. Grrrrr....so pissed right now. This flakey girl who is buying our TV was supposed to be here at 5pm. Sent me a text to ask if she could come "a bit" later, I said sure. Then calls me at 7:15pm to say she is home and needs to eat then will drive over. It's now 8:45pm I get another text saying shes picking up a friend at the train station at 9:15pm then coming over! I can't believe the freakin nerve of some people.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom