Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...You know guys. I certainly feel that a lot of other people have it worse than us. I met a lady that approached me and my daughter at WalMart the other day. I was snack shopping for the kids (which was quite a buy of snacks) and she and her 13 year old son approached me. They looked very humble and needy and the lady asked if I would be willing to hire her to clean my house, car or garden in order for her to make money to buy school supplies for her son. She said that her son was very embarrassed that she was approaching people for help but that she had no other way. I felt horrible for her and took her number to call her soon. I think I will call just to offer her some stuff the kids have left behind or a bit of money to help her kid. I have not stopped thinking about her and their situation. I feel blessed. Just wanted to share.
I love your kind and gentle nature. You have such a good heart.

:)Barbara

my puter is doing it again. can't use spell check or use smilies. when i type name it appears next to text instead of below.what do u think it is. site or me. tried going out and back in. no helpbabe

not a good day . so far I stepped on glass with my barefeet, jabbed a thumb getting flatware out of the dishwasher, knocked over a tray that had cornmeal in it onto the floor, then had to sweep up the mess. dryer hose came apart so hubby has to get a new part for it.

Dina, I hope you can help the lady and her son out. It's nice of you to think of them :)

kades and expat, you 2 are THE BEST at talking us newer moms down from the ledge.
Thank you thank you both for being you.
:)

Thanks, SuzieQ, I just got back from having some medical tests done out of country.....sorry had no time to reply and have really missed DC.......I think all is ok but we'll see.....hey, I've been on that ledge, too, at times along with most moms, but you'll find that as time goes on your kids will grow up and will do well despite your best efforts to mess them up.......:LOL: just breathe thru it and I totally agree about kades' wise and long experience....she had 5...his and hers no less.......don't jump off yet.......

not a good day . so far I stepped on glass with my barefeet, jabbed a thumb getting flatware out of the dishwasher, knocked over a tray that had cornmeal in it onto the floor, then had to sweep up the mess. dryer hose came apart so hubby has to get a new part for it.

OMG, one of those days!!!!!!!!!! So sorry to hear!!!!!!! Hope all is down to normal and you've gone on a long walk thru the woods with your camera and have snapped some soothing nature pics.........imagine my surprise when I got up one morning to be greeted by a flooded hallway from the washer......phone was jangling from DH's office wanting to know where I was the evening before.........I was in bed.........the water cascaded into the flat below us and into their closets......what a mess.......I had turned on the washer before going to bed.......and apparently the hose had come loose and water was everywhere.....I could have cried.......our company had to pay for the damage done to the apt. below us......that was the last time I ever left that behemoth by itself......no kidding it takes 4 hours to do one tiny load of laundry............it's ridiculous.......hang in there, LC

ouch. doesn't sound like a good day at all :(

Expat,
I will pray that your results come back negative. I was wondering where you were; glad you're back with us.

LC,
I hope you're having a better day. I have those off days quite often. What helps is locking myself in a room to be alone while I take a nice warm cup of chamomile tea, or any relaxing tea. Take a breather moment for yourself then go back to it.

I was going to vent out about my moods this morning, but reading your posts here, I will refrain. I know my moods are not from pms. I'm beginning to worry that it might be pre-menopause symptoms...ick!!! I'm hoping it's only what we all go through ~ needing a moment ALONE.

Hope everyones day gets better....sounds like a doozy for everyone!

How you feeling Expat? doing ok?

Dina please keep us updated if you speak to that woman again, although if she is swallowing her pride enough to get out there and do what ever needed to get her son what he needs then I'm sure they will get through these hard times! God be with them.

guess i vented to the right person. a while back i ordered pizza from a place i have used for thirty years.

lets just say it was awful. called spoke to mgn. and he said would send me a coupon for another. he did not.

called this evening and spoke to a different mgn. and he sent me out a fresh hot pizza on the spot. was perfect and was my dinner.

the noisy wheel gets taken care of i guess.:rolleyes:

oh, believe me the squeaky wheel usually does get taken care of.........when patients started to complain about their long waits (some of these docs double and tripled booked every 15 minutes (I know....I took care of their apptmt books at lunch!!!) it was the patients who complained that got sent back ahead of anyone else.......will never forget a bigwig real estate agent whose first comment to me was.....Hi, I'm so and so and tell Dr. $$$$ office that I'll be da....d if I'll wait......her assertiveness just tickled me.....I called his office (I was the receptionist at the time) and I repeated word for word what she had told me in front of her......she smiled at my cheekiness.....but the office told me to send her RIGHT BACK........

Hope everyones day gets better....sounds like a doozy for everyone!

How you feeling Expat? doing ok?

Dina please keep us updated if you speak to that woman again, although if she is swallowing her pride enough to get out there and do what ever needed to get her son what he needs then I'm sure they will get through these hard times! God be with them.

Thanks, deelady, everything is fine.....not feeling ill.......just female problems.......should hear something soon.......KZ is just not the place to have tests run so I had to go to the UK..........

oh, believe me the squeaky wheel usually does get taken care of.........when patients started to complain about their long waits (some of these docs double and tripled booked every 15 minutes (I know....I took care of their apptmt books at lunch!!!) it was the patients who complained that got sent back ahead of anyone else.......will never forget a bigwig real estate agent whose first comment to me was.....Hi, I'm so and so and tell Dr. $$$$ office that I'll be da....d if I'll wait......her assertiveness just tickled me.....I called his office (I was the receptionist at the time) and I repeated word for word what she had told me in front of her......she smiled at my cheekiness.....but the office told me to send her RIGHT BACK........

i am guilty of that as well. if i have to wait more that fifteen minutes, i complain. i arrived on time and if i didn't he wouldn't take me. usually that does the trick. i am old and don't care what they think of me.

babe:rolleyes:

Good for you, Babe!!! I'll wait 45 minutes before I complain but I don't have an outside job to go to either so I'm a bit more flexible.......this real estate agent was busy......she had signs all over Houston......her time was important and valuable to her and her Dr. was guilty of double and triple booking patients every 15 minutes......go Vonnie go......anytime she came in thereafter she was sweet as pie to me.....and I knew to call her Dr.'s office......too funny.....

I'm feeling so sad. Tomorrow is my youngest's first day in kindergarten and I'm going to miss him so much. I already feel so lonely. Is this feeling normal? I didn't feel this way with my older kids.

I'm feeling so sad. Tomorrow is my youngest's first day in kindergarten and I'm going to miss him so much. I already feel so lonely. Is this feeling normal? I didn't feel this way with my older kids.
Of course it's normal..He is your baby..I remember when my littlest left for that first day..It was terrible..But then I decided to make her favorite cookies for her and it turned into four kinds of cookies one kind for each of the kids..When they came home we put down a blanket and had cookies and milk and talked about the first day of class and the teacher..Then I shooe'd them outside to play til dinner..My lttle one came in and gave me a big hug and a kiss and ran back outside to play..Things were alright after that..Just small twinges as things progressed and school became an everyday thing...
Now my baby teaches 4th. grade and has two babies of her own..My Ethan and Olivia;) It will get easier Dina as you watch how he grows and changes.. Just make sure to give him a big hug coming and going...
kades

Of course it's normal..He is your baby..I remember when my littlest left for that first day..It was terrible..But then I decided to make her favorite cookies for her and it turned into four kinds of cookies one kind for each of the kids..When they came home we put down a blanket and had cookies and milk and talked about the first day of class and the teacher..Then I shooe'd them outside to play til dinner..My lttle one came in and gave me a big hug and a kiss and ran back outside to play..Things were alright after that..Just small twinges as things progressed and school became an everyday thing...
Now my baby teaches 4th. grade and has two babies of her own..My Ethan and Olivia;) It will get easier Dina as you watch how he grows and changes.. Just make sure to give him a big hug coming and going...
kades
Very good advice!

:)Barbara

Oh it's so hard Kades. I can't stop crying right now. Just dropped him off and couldn't stop hugging and kissing him. I made sure he was situated in the classroom before I left him. I had to rush out, I might add, because I needed to drop off my daughter at school too. As much as I tried to make her feel at ease (because she is starting middle school) she was shaking from nerves. Justin was also starting high school. Thank God for husbands as he took care of him today. They're all in a new school, new surroundings and teachers. I'm feeling all the anxiety and nerves for all of them. Sigh! I will be okay. I just need a moment to take it all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom