Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the looks of the mail, there are many names that mail is sent to there. He doesn't know the guys real name now. I am going to find him again and tell him about the church though.

:) I'm sure if they contact the media they will get some help from the public as well, they need to expose these guys so it wont happen again.

I don't even know where in Baton Rouge he is. He has no clue what the guys real name is now.

NO, T, I can't send him money. I'm unemployed and I dont have it right now, but, dh won't help him anymore because he keeps getting himself in trouble and we get him out each time.

babe- I don't usually say that kind of thing if it's something out of the ordinary, mostly cold, flu symptoms, or if something hurts and I tell him to go to the dr and get it checked he refuses. You also have to know hubby, he has to have all the attention.
A few weeks ago DD woke up and couldn't breath because of allergies,I called Dr got her inhaler and nasal spay back, it helped during normal activities,but she ran for soccer and couldn't catch her breath so coach called 911. Anyway At the same time hubby got congested, complained how bad he felt and that he couldn't breath, wouldn't take anything, but still complained that he was worse then my DD or I was. Everything is always worse for him. DD gets sent to hospital,tells her shes a wimp and then complains he's worse.
That's why I get an attitude with him.

you misunderstood my comment on attitude. i wasn't saying you weren't right. just telling you what happened. ex was grown man, he should have know to go without me telling him. i got him anti acids etc for over five hours. he should have gone with no prompting on my part. was just being an idiot and only hurt himself. we were only bout three blocks from er room, so i didn't see the big deal in going. maybe i am not still explaining it right, but i felt no guilt at all. neither should you.:cool:

This is still the venting thread, right because I just want to slap someone NOW.

I work for a company that week in and week out worries about making payroll and no one thinks about this when they go out and buy jet skis and snow mobiles and DVD players and all this other stuff. It is ridiculous.

NOW my "boss" wants me to show her computer tricks that I know for my benefit. These are things I learned after years of working on the computer and she expects me just to teach her all my tricks. NO!! Sorry, not happening. You want to learn, take a class. I'm here for Marty, not you El Diablo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is still the venting thread, right because I just want to slap someone NOW.

I work for a company that week in and week out worries about making payroll and no one thinks about this when they go out and buy jet skis and snow mobiles and DVD players and all this other stuff. It is ridiculous.

NOW my "boss" wants me to show her computer tricks that I know for my benefit. These are things I learned after years of working on the computer and she expects me just to teach her all my tricks. NO!! Sorry, not happening. You want to learn, take a class. I'm here for Marty, not you El Diablo.

I'll make a deal with you, Callisto: you come over here and slap my boss (for similar offenses) and I'll go slap yours.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if this is a vent .. but have $25,000 worth of butcher block
counter tops showing up this friday .. the tops that i templated
and signed off on ... sure hope they are right .. might work on
my resume` just in case ..

My vent today is a lady I work with - she absolutely hates "west coast people" and has added it to her personal agenda each day to make that known to me each time she sees me. She will say things like - "oh, is that how they dress on the west coast?", or "who told you that was cute?", or - "can I tell you something or do I need to get a translator that speaks slow laid back lazy west coast speech?".
I've told my supervisor that honestly I'm very tired of her attitude towards me and she said it's just a control thing with her - the lady retires in April and to not take it personally, she's just jealous. But my counter is why she should be allowed - and why should I have to listen to that - just because she's going to retire soon? What gives her the right other than her own personal bitter woman problems to pick on me?
Pdswife is the only one that knows me here and knows that I would never argue with this woman or say anything mean to her because it's just not "me". But the woman seems to go out of her way to come and make a crappy comment to me.
I am off work til Saturday and she will be back on Monday, if she says anything at all to me, I've decided I will go to the Union board.
Anyway, that's all. :) Thanks for listening (reading). :)

LeeAnn that's miserable, I can't believe it's ok w/ your boss to make you put up with that crap.
You're doing the right thing going to the board.
Good luck!

My vent today is a lady I work with - she absolutely hates "west coast people" and has added it to her personal agenda each day to make that known to me each time she sees me. She will say things like - "oh, is that how they dress on the west coast?", or "who told you that was cute?", or - "can I tell you something or do I need to get a translator that speaks slow laid back lazy west coast speech?".
I've told my supervisor that honestly I'm very tired of her attitude towards me and she said it's just a control thing with her - the lady retires in April and to not take it personally, she's just jealous. But my counter is why she should be allowed - and why should I have to listen to that - just because she's going to retire soon? What gives her the right other than her own personal bitter woman problems to pick on me?
Pdswife is the only one that knows me here and knows that I would never argue with this woman or say anything mean to her because it's just not "me". But the woman seems to go out of her way to come and make a crappy comment to me.
I am off work til Saturday and she will be back on Monday, if she says anything at all to me, I've decided I will go to the Union board.
Anyway, that's all. :) Thanks for listening (reading). :)
First off, she's obviously ignorant on two levels. One would be on what "west coast people" are actually like. Where I was from on the west coast we talked far faster than anything I've encountered on the east coast. In the south I've often wondered if some people have a fast forward button so I can speed them up. Second ~ she's oblivious to the fact that she could be jeopardizing her retirement by harassing you. Harassment is not just sexual in nature. It's anything done to "put you down" or "put you in your place" in a non-professional way or by a non-supervisor. I would document your report to your supervisor and if nothing is done, escalate it. You should not be treated like that. If you are in a union, you pay your dues, get your money's worth.

I happen to like WestCoast people!

LeeAnn Stick up for yourself!! Give it back to her! I know you can do it!

I agree with the others LeeAnn. If she says one more thing, definitely go to the union board. In fact, after what your supervisor said, maybe you should anyway.

:huh:Barbara

I've worked the last 5 days in a row. I was only going to work 4 days a week but they have been having "personnell" issues so I have been picking up a 5th day.... I cannot find it in myself to say no when they need help and I need money....
Anyway, I was going to have today thru friday off.... 3 days, finally. But I picked up tomorrow.
My vent is thatI had so many things I was going to get done around here today and did absolutely nothing of value besides dishes a few loads of laundry..... not folded.
I cannot muster up anything to do anything useful. I feel like an alien in my own home today, and now I have to go back to work tomorrow.
I did need the time to just hang out with DH a bit, but I was hoping to at least multi-task. Now I feel like a big slob with a messy house, and I'll probably end up cleaning like a mad woman after dinner instead of chillin' with the kids.
AAARRRRRRGGGGHH!

Suzi, you spent time with me! Ya made me feel better about my bad day! Ya did good!! Thank you!!!!

oh thank you!
now if you would please come kick my butt into clean mode, I'd gladly brown some onions for you!

Remember FREAKY FRIDAY? Wouldn't it be cool if we could change lives just for a few days? Wouldn't we both realize how good we really have it?

I've worked the last 5 days in a row. I was only going to work 4 days a week but they have been having "personnell" issues so I have been picking up a 5th day.... I cannot find it in myself to say no when they need help and I need money....
Anyway, I was going to have today thru friday off.... 3 days, finally. But I picked up tomorrow.
My vent is thatI had so many things I was going to get done around here today and did absolutely nothing of value besides dishes a few loads of laundry..... not folded.
I cannot muster up anything to do anything useful. I feel like an alien in my own home today, and now I have to go back to work tomorrow.
I did need the time to just hang out with DH a bit, but I was hoping to at least multi-task. Now I feel like a big slob with a messy house, and I'll probably end up cleaning like a mad woman after dinner instead of chillin' with the kids.
AAARRRRRRGGGGHH!
Suzie, you need to cut yourself some serious slack, girlfriend! Take it from a woman who has raised a lot of kids. There have been many years that I felt like a slob and my house was messy. It bothered me because I thought I wasn't a good mom or wife if my house was perpetually messy. But like you, I picked having fun with the kids or just being with them over housework more times than not. Here's the surprise - none of them remember the messy house!!!! They do remember us hanging out together so much. And they feel lucky to have had that. You just have to remember that hanging out with your family has value.

Now that I don't have so many young ones at home my house is less messy. BUT if you saw it right now, you'd never believe me. There are scraps of fabric and sewing machines and all sorts of stuff everywhere!!! But my son will remember that I made his bride a beautiful dress and that I embroidered his brothers' wedding attire and that I handled all the little last minute things they forgot and he'll never give this messy house a second thought.

So tonight, you need to chill out with your family. Believe me, the housework will be waiting for you when you get around to it. And BTW, you are an awesome mom!!!

Aw thanks Terry, I really don't feel like it lately being back at work mostly full time.... I'm helping put food on the table.... that's not especially being a good mom....
and especially when I have so much fun with the girls when I'm there!!!! That makes me feel even worse... I didn't stick them in daycare or anything, but Dad just isn't the same ya know...
Oh well. Someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom