Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw thanks Terry, I really don't feel like it lately being back at work mostly full time.... I'm helping put food on the table.... that's not especially being a good mom....
and especially when I have so much fun with the girls when I'm there!!!! That makes me feel even worse... I didn't stick them in daycare or anything, but Dad just isn't the same ya know...
Oh well. Someday.
See? That's why you're a good mom - you feel guilty about having fun without them! Seriously, if you never gave them a second thought when you were at work....well....you'd be a Dad! :LOL: Only joking guys. Putting food on the table is being a good mom when that's what needs to be done.

awww, suz, i almost got tearful. you're a great person.
often work is important. i've read you're struggling, & my fam struggled, too, & hear me when i say very young kiddos understand that days 'er better fer them if Mum/Dad work late some days. that means fresh crayons, new sneakers, & a spiffy Mom.
& your babies aren't going hungry cause thier Mum is putting food on thier table!!

my Parents worked full-time since i was born, & i wasn't affected. i was with Gram & Pap during my days. was oblivious to my Parent's work, cause i knew they'd left me with people i loved & would be there at 5:30 fer us.

& 99% of stuff that needed to be cleaned, dishes aside, were from us kiddos.

Suzi,
As long as you put something to eat on the table and gather all your family around it, nothing else matters. The material things are secondary but the quality time you spend with family is priceless. Hugs my friend. Take a breather.

Suzi, you know the thread where we all complained about something our Moms made when we were younger that we hated? Well, we talk about it, but what we really remember as we get older is that Mom loved us enough to cook for us with whatever means she had, and that the food wasn't the most important thing of our childhood.

Suzi,
I can hear the love in your voice as you write to see how we will feel about your working so much. You and your husband agreed on this, your babies are being taken care of and you are making sure they are eating and have proper
clothes to wear.My mom worked every day I can remember..I don't remember
feeling neglected or I just was happy when she came home and we had dinner together, then my dad would put the dishes in the sink and we would listen to the radio, then came a bath then a story as they both tucked me into bed..Mom would start the story and my little daddy would do sound effects. Once I started to fall asleep, off they would go and do the dishes together..I can remember them laughing and whispering and to that I'd fall asleep.secure knowing I was loved and cherished...Suzi,
you kids know they are loved and I admire you for working so hard..You are providing and showing them what love is all about. I respect you girl you are a mom to recon with.
hugs,
kades

Suzie - don't feel a slob. Family is more important, I hope you spent the time with your family. You could always involve them in the tidying and cleaning - make a game of it. Mine are a bit older, but we have cleaning time on a Sunday for about an hour, where everybody is doing a bit and the house looks much better at the end.

I must admit, I don't notice messyness as much as DW.

Suzie - don't feel a slob. Family is more important, I hope you spent the time with your family. You could always involve them in the tidying and cleaning - make a game of it. Mine are a bit older, but we have cleaning time on a Sunday for about an hour, where everybody is doing a bit and the house looks much better at the end.

I must admit, I don't notice messyness as much as DW.
My daughter makes a game of it when she can. Now and then she will call for a 10-minute clean-up. She sets a timer for 10 minutes, and during that 10 minutes everyone picks up and puts away/throws away as much as possible. The kids (10 and 7) like the competitive nature of this.

:)Barbara

My daughter makes a game of it when she can. Now and then she will call for a 10-minute clean-up. She sets a timer for 10 minutes, and during that 10 minutes everyone picks up and puts away/throws away as much as possible. The kids (10 and 7) like the competitive nature of this.

:)Barbara
We do this, too, Barbara. We call it "a blitz". I set the timer for anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour. The rule is that everyone works their butts off for that amount of time but all cleaning ceases the instant the timer goes off and there will be no more cleaning for the day. I read this in a great book called "The Mother's Almanac" years ago and it really works! I've found that 15 minutes for really young children works best but teens will do an hour without much protest. (Sadly, I've never gotten my husband past 5 minutes.:))

I won't even get in to trying to get them to help....
But thanks so much everyone you've made my day.

Now off to work.... again....
:(

i'm so cranky i just cried cause i typed wrong. i shouted out of anger at NOTHING. wait, i was fine fer a sec when i thought i heard jake. wasn't him. sweetJesus bless a student loan soliciter if they call me tonite.

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad: I am so angry that a rotten creep got off with a fine for microwaving a kitten. I saw the headline that this creep was fined for doing this evil deed , I didn't open the news to read about it... it upset me too much to even read the headline. I feel sick. What is wrong with people ??? I don't think I am going to read news anymore... it gets worse and worse.

................about the huge bug on my hotel room bed..............................
............took pix of it, wanted to send it to my husband but can't figure out how to do that on the new phone..........an awful slur by someone on most recent pm post to me, that has me over the moon furious............and, oh now, that bug in on the window, oh gee yeah! YIKES:ohmy:

Major vent. :mad: I have mentioned the dogs across the road, and how one of them kills chickens and killed one of our cats. I just caught him with one of our neighbor's beautiful young cats in his mouth, dead. We tried Animal Control (AGAIN) and got their answering machine. Then we called the sheriff's department. She said that Animal Control is now part of their department, and calls are recorded (so if there is no action this time, there is a record of it), so they put us through to them. They are supposed to be on the way right now. I love the dog (so does Cubbie), but his owner lets him run loose, and that has brought the problems. They had better take him this time.

I'll keep you updated.

:(Barbara

I hat when dogs are not under control. One of the parents at pre school was saying they got a puppy at the weekend. The daughter (8ish) was walking it on Monday when it was set on and torn to pieces by another dog running loose in the park. They too were struggling to get the police involved in getting this dog taken out of circulation.

Unfortunately, because we don't have a leash law, they can't just come out and pick him up. Anyone who can claim damages against him can take him to civil court. The Animal Control guy is going to go talk to the dog's owner and, as he said, "have a little prayer meeting and put the fear of God in him." If nothing else works, he can put a safe trap in our yard and take the dog in. Then the dog's owner would have to go get him if he wants him. They can't take the dog in unless the judge declares him a nuisance (if we all take him to court) or if he injures a child. They will check to see if his dogs (he has a few) have had their rabies shots. If they have not, there will be a $200 fine per dog.

Since that little girl witnessed such a horrible thing, I would think they could file for emotional damages. How horrible for her.

It's all very frustrating.

:huh:Barbara

:mad: I am so angry that a rotten creep got off with a fine for microwaving a kitten. I saw the headline that this creep was fined for doing this evil deed , I didn't open the news to read about it... it upset me too much to even read the headline. I feel sick. What is wrong with people ??? I don't think I am going to read news anymore... it gets worse and worse.

It is sad how people like doing this!! They actually love it:mad:
My husband had a friend that got a new puppy and took it to a field and shot it, just to see what it felt like to shoot an animal:ohmy::(
He should have taken the gun away and shot HIM!! Makes me so ill when I see things like this. I cuddle my babies even more. There is a little dog down the road that you can see it's hips and ribs. It's the 2nd one they have had. They're trash, not worth the stuff you step in, but, they won't do anything about him, he just says it's not his dog and we don't have an animal control, so, they leave it!!:(
I am taking the little thing some food and hope it is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom