Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend who told me to call him and his family any time, that he will be there for me has ignored my phone messages for a week. I do not know what is wrong. I hope that he is not sick.

any thing could have happened. or if he is just shining you, he is not worth having for a friend, since you can't rely on him.

no vent for me, same old handyman stuff. finally done today and he can move on and mooch off someone else.

i am a bit tired of hot weather, but heck it could be forty below.

being on hold for 20 minutes...so far... and no end in sight....

On the good side... I can search DC while I'm waiting to speak to a "real" person!!

Yes, I have had a lot of that lately. Do you think there is only one "real" person that answers all the calls and that is why it takes so long?

I have nothing to vent, today is a good day and I am learning to not think past that!

DH and I went to Cost Co today..He decides he wants a hot dog and I just wanted a soda. I was sitting at a table waiting..I hear a racket and all of a sudden two very large boys crashed over the table next to me yelling and shoving ..I tried to get out of their way and one of them hit me on the right side of my body..I didn't go to the ground but ended up on the seat of the table and half way across it.. the person who had brought them said a quick sorry and then made a big deal over the one who knocked me for a loop..The two kids were still scuffeling and yelling at each other and she got into it too. DH and I got the food and put it in the car, went into the store..We spent most of our time dodging the kids and woman who felt she needed to let me know this big strapping boy had skinned his knuckles..He was mentally challenged so I was not about to say anything poor kid was in tears...But that woman needs to take better care of her charges so this kind of thing doesn't happen again..Me, right now I hurt like blazes and my shoulder and arm are starting to turn a beautiful purple..Good night nellie:LOL:
kadesma

kadesma, I am so sory to hear about your ordeal. Make sure that you ice the sore areas and take some ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and inflammation. People just need to learn some self control and manners.

My turn:

A few weeks ago I sprained my finger or so I thought, now I think I actually broke it. I went to the doctor and have been doing what she told me, but it is still swollen and hurts like the devil. Tonight, I tried wrapping it a different way and it seems to feel better. It is just frustrating that it does not really seem to be showing any improvement.

it sounds like it's badly sprained.....and that can be very painful..........soak it in some cold water then warm then end with cold......or start with warm but always end with cold............if you can handle them also use ibuprophen or aspirin.........did they xray it to be sure it wasn't broken? it'll be another week before you'll feel better again......hopefully sooner..........

kadesma, I am so sory to hear about your ordeal. Make sure that you ice the sore areas and take some ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and inflammation. People just need to learn some self control and manners.

My turn:

A few weeks ago I sprained my finger or so I thought, now I think I actually broke it. I went to the doctor and have been doing what she told me, but it is still swollen and hurts like the devil. Tonight, I tried wrapping it a different way and it seems to feel better. It is just frustrating that it does not really seem to be showing any improvement.
I'll be okay, I just hurt right now, but I know it will get better. I can imagine how your finger hurts..We use our hands so much and as hard as we try to be careful, how can you not bump or hit the finger and make it hurt more..It seems to take forever to heal. Take care SC, it's so nice to hear from you
kades

Ok here's a good one....did you ever trip over "nothing" on the carpet and fall on your face?? I did that earlier today and have rug burns on my knees and I think I broke the big toe on my left foot. It's a beautiful shade of purple, just like your shoulder kads. lol It hurts like the dickens. I don't know how I do these things. Well I guess I don't go bowling tonight. What a klutz!

Barb

Holy OUCH! You guys are getting all beat up! Well thats 3 of you that have been injured, maybe that means its all over now.

Heal fast you three and put your feet up and let someone wait on you for a bit.

Ok here's a good one....did you ever trip over "nothing" on the carpet and fall on your face?? I did that earlier today and have rug burns on my knees and I think I broke the big toe on my left foot. It's a beautiful shade of purple, just like your shoulder kads. lol It hurts like the dickens. I don't know how I do these things. Well I guess I don't go bowling tonight. What a klutz!

Barb
Oh Barb,
I bet you are hurting..I'm sorry..We can just be purple and achy togetjer. And to answer your question, i've tripped over all kinds of things even dust bunnies:ROFLMAO: Feel better
kadesma;)

OK... Ya all know me well enough to know I don't really get mad... sad sometimes.. irratated once in awhile but not ANGRY enough to KILL!!! Well, I'm pissed! About THREE months ago our Mexican condo home owners ***. set the date for this years meeting. FEB 19TH 2008! Paul and I bought our airplane tickets..so did everyone else. We fly in on the 13th and leave the 22nd. I just got email saying that they've decided to change the meeting date to the 25th of FEB!!!! They gave a flimsly excuse in the letter but we happen to know people on the board so I know the REAL story ( one of the delevopers, has plans to go to the wedding on the 23rd and wanted the date changed!!!!) Paul has his time off approved already... tickets are bought and are NOT-refundable... we may be able to change them but it's going to cost us$$$! I'm so angry!!!

I don't blame you for being angry. Can you get in contact with others and see if you can all petition or something to keep the date? Or, just write the board and say that there is no way you can make the meeting if it is changed and sign a proxy or something? I would be livid. It isn't like it is a strata meeting that is around the corner from you or something! No wonder you have a headache!!!!!

We are contacting the board and will file complaints. I'm sure others will too. Only a handful of folks live there the rest are flying in from all over the USA and Canada. There are going to be some really angry people. We can have other people vote for us but because of recent happenings...it's really important that we are there in person.

:) So why not have the meeting without him/her after all they are the ones thay can't make it. Why change many peoples plans because of one person, not only that but weddings are planned months ahead they should have known to plan on it. Also what about members that could not it make due to unexpected problems. Maybe the developer can attend by phone or internet webcam.

Jpm.. that's what most of us would like to do...but...the powers that be have spoken...sigh

fun to be the one legged man in the butt-kicking contest isn't it?
:(
sorry its such a pain.

I don't blame you at all for being angry. I'm feeling angry for you. I would be livid! Sorry you're having to go through this. I would definitely register a complaint of some sort.

Barb

I'd be angry, too, if I had to change tickets that I'm going to have to cough up more money to change probably close to $200........and try and get new seats.........air travel is getting tighter and tighter these days and just to suit their last minute arrangements when you already had reservations and now you might have to spend more money on new tickets.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom