Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Barb!!
Thanks Expat!!

Now that it's morning I've settled down a little..

We're still angry but... we've found out that other owners are even worse off than we are over this ( they've already rented their condos out for the NEW DATE!!) We just have to change our tickets and pay a little money. They won't be able to come unless they stay in a hotel! How sad is that?

That is just not right!! Isn't there some way the owners can be charged with all the extra expenses?? I would be pitching a fit for sure!

Barb

oh my, speaking of pitching fits, in one day I have been given two reasons to pitch a big one but I am trying to stay focused and calm.

We switched cell phone companies a couple of weeks ago because of the lousy service and high prices of our original one. Our contracts were up and we had every right to do so. When we got the new ones, DH was able just to keep his number so the new company did the cancellation. Something happened with mine and I had to get a new number so I had to phone and personally cancel the old one. We got the bill today and they are charging DH $400 for breaking a contract we didn't have. But mine was fine.

Second, we got a hand delivered envelope from the management company here with a $300.00 bill for the carpet cleaning that they had done two days after the flood, and for the rental of the fans that caused my serious asthma attack by blowing the contaminants all through the air. Their reasoning - because we are going through our insurance, and because the said carpets are being ripped up, they shouldn't have to pay for a futile job. This is not taking into consideration they never called the plulmber until 18 hours after the problem happened and DH and others had to do their own bailing and we lived with the sludge for two days before the carpet was cleaned.

Needless to say, we are NOT paying either of these bills but on top of everything else, now I have to deal with them both.

This will end. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel. We will have a happily ever after. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.....

bills bills bills. everyone wants money and I don't have any!!:( I hate this time of year, I REALLY do!! Being unemployed sure didn't help any. Bills, christmas, taxes:wacko::(

A nursing home staff member opened up her mouth at me yesterday because I asked her if my mom could go to the special program they were having.

She decided not to go but I was really miffed being so disrespected.

I am the chairman of or Christmas Party Committee at work and this year the guy that handles our entertainment (DJ) just shot an angry email at me resigning. What happened was I got an email fro another co-worker offering to help out with the entertainment which I fowarded to the DJ to work it out between them so I wouldn't have to play middle man. I guess I will have to make it a phone call next time so there will be no misunderstanding.

UGH why are people so touchy at this time of year?

End rant...

I am the chairman of or Christmas Party Committee at work and this year the guy that handles our entertainment (DJ) just shot an angry email at me resigning. What happened was I got an email fro another co-worker offering to help out with the entertainment which I fowarded to the DJ to work it out between them so I wouldn't have to play middle man. I guess I will have to make it a phone call next time so there will be no misunderstanding.

UGH why are people so touchy at this time of year?

End rant...

I think it is the stress of trying to get too much done in too little time and to try to create that elusive perfect holiday. There is a tremendous amount of work that goes into these few days. The economy is bad, bills and taxes are going to be due. And this is the time of year when people who are depressed and lonely have the hardest time.

Maybe we all should double our efforts to find the true meaning of the holiday season--gratitude, forgiveness, peace and good will towards others.

oh my, speaking of pitching fits, in one day I have been given two reasons to pitch a big one but I am trying to stay focused and calm.

We switched cell phone companies a couple of weeks ago because of the lousy service and high prices of our original one. Our contracts were up and we had every right to do so. When we got the new ones, DH was able just to keep his number so the new company did the cancellation. Something happened with mine and I had to get a new number so I had to phone and personally cancel the old one. We got the bill today and they are charging DH $400 for breaking a contract we didn't have. But mine was fine.

Second, we got a hand delivered envelope from the management company here with a $300.00 bill for the carpet cleaning that they had done two days after the flood, and for the rental of the fans that caused my serious asthma attack by blowing the contaminants all through the air. Their reasoning - because we are going through our insurance, and because the said carpets are being ripped up, they shouldn't have to pay for a futile job. This is not taking into consideration they never called the plulmber until 18 hours after the problem happened and DH and others had to do their own bailing and we lived with the sludge for two days before the carpet was cleaned.

Needless to say, we are NOT paying either of these bills but on top of everything else, now I have to deal with them both.

This will end. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel. We will have a happily ever after. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.....

:) You stick to your guns. A lot of people try to squeeze folks over stupidity and greed I have found that most of the time if you argue your side ( in a nice and diplomatic way but firm) they will just let it go.

:) You stick to your guns. A lot of people try to squeeze folks over stupidity and greed I have found that most of the time if you argue your side ( in a nice and diplomatic way but firm) they will just let it go.

Thanks, JP. The cell phone company was adamant that we had renewed the contract on the one phone, but we stuck to our guns and after talking to several people got our way. They made it seem like they were doing us a big favour letting us "get away with something". We know we were in the right and the main thing is we don't have to pay.

As for the carpet cleaning bill, I got off easy on that one. I handed it over to our insurance agent and he told them that they could either eat the $300.00 or get stuck with our entire claim. Guess you can figure out their decision!

That was news to me...about not all scorpions being deadly....good news!
My vent is that I forgot to take my 20 lb. turkey out of the freezer until late last night, Tuesday, and it is not going to be thawed by tomorrow unless I do something quick. All the sites I've visited say I have to either take days in the frig or spend hours changing cold water, but if I use the cold water way, I have to cook it immediately after!....I don't want to cook it until tomorrow! So now I don't know what to do. Do you suppose I can thaw it half way the cold water way ,and then put it in the frig to defrost the rest of it the slow way and cook it tomorrow? Another vent is that I am new to this website and am having a hard time finding where to ask such questions.

Ok, I really, really hate to be venting at this time! Remember last Thursday how I fell "over nothing" and thought I broke my toe? Well it has been bothering me all week to the point where I couldn't sleep at night because the throbbing and pain was keeping me awake. I would lay there and cry it hurt so bad. I know, I'm stubborn. Well this morning at 8am ds took me to the Emergi Clinic. I broke my toe in two places and also the bone on the side of my foot! Gee, no wonder it hurt. At least now I have good meds for the pain. lol I also have a stylish boot I get to wear.
Anyway that's not the half of it. All three of my brothers have decided to come home for Thanksgiving! My older brother I don't mind. He will pitch in and help. The two younger are going to be the death of me. They think they're so good to be coming to see my mom who they haven't seen since June. Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers to death. But my nickname for them is "dumb and dumber". I just don't want to deal with this right now. I am just so frustrated right now. I am roasting a turkey today and then again tomorrow so that I have enough for leftovers. Dh and ds couldn't survive without leftovers.
I'm done now, I just need to get this off my chest before tomorrow. I will get through this and try my best to enjoy the day.

Barb

That was news to me...about not all scorpions being deadly....good news!
My vent is that I forgot to take my 20 lb. turkey out of the freezer until late last night, Tuesday, and it is not going to be thawed by tomorrow unless I do something quick. All the sites I've visited say I have to either take days in the frig or spend hours changing cold water, but if I use the cold water way, I have to cook it immediately after!....I don't want to cook it until tomorrow! So now I don't know what to do. Do you suppose I can thaw it half way the cold water way ,and then put it in the frig to defrost the rest of it the slow way and cook it tomorrow? Another vent is that I am new to this website and am having a hard time finding where to ask such questions.

I have put a message on your user control panel. You will see a link in the top right corner of your screen under "your notifications", or you can link to it in the top blue menu, second in called "User CP".

I have been pretty ill the last 3-4 days and now at least the pain is gone..It was so bad that pin meds didn't touch it. Now I need to get stuffing made and cranberry sauce..DH Is going shopping for me now and in the last 15 minutes he has asked me at least 30 questions, what size garbanzo beans, what brand, do you want canned cranberries,? Nope get the fresh so I can cook them, on and on and on..Right this minute I could just scream..I'm weak as hell and don't even want to do this..Am I being a poop or what? While he is gone I'm going to try and nap for a few minutes...My daughter should be here soon and I know she will help but it will be another round of questions..What I wouldn't give to hide for a week..Thanks for listening guys..hugs,
kades

oh Kades... I'm sorry. I wish I could help... I'd just have to ask more questions though. Or just take over and do it my way which wouldn't really be too nice either. Well...know that you are loved and that I'm thinking of you!

smiles, T

Kades, I will be PM'ing you momentarily, but I just want to say I know your frustration and wish I could come and just cook the meal for you. I wouldn't have to ask you a single question and would find my own way around your kitchen. You could just have a nap or sit back with a cup of tea and relax. Prayers going up!

I have been pretty ill the last 3-4 days and now at least the pain is gone..It was so bad that pin meds didn't touch it. Now I need to get stuffing made and cranberry sauce..DH Is going shopping for me now and in the last 15 minutes he has asked me at least 30 questions, what size garbanzo beans, what brand, do you want canned cranberries,? Nope get the fresh so I can cook them, on and on and on..Right this minute I could just scream..I'm weak as hell and don't even want to do this..Am I being a poop or what? While he is gone I'm going to try and nap for a few minutes...My daughter should be here soon and I know she will help but it will be another round of questions..What I wouldn't give to hide for a week..Thanks for listening guys..hugs,
kades

Oh kades, I know the frustration! I just sent dh out for the day, I couldn't stand being asked what needed to be done. I would tell him and I would get 20 questions.......what's so hard about cleaning a bathroom. lol Fortunately my dd is coming over to help. She knows what needs to be done. I hope things go better for you today. HUGS

Barb

Kades I'm so sorry!!! I wish I lived closer....
I even bought 3 bags of cranberries just to stick in the freezer to hoard til next fall when I buy 3 more!!!!
:)
I want nothing more than for a wonderful person to be finished with the pain and sickness.
You, in my book, are the best of the best.

argh my cat just knocked over my favorite bowl... it wasnt valueable it was a bright orange vintage pyrex mixing bowl I really liked... this is the third pet victim of my vintage cookware... which is why I buy cheap... Of course it shattered into a million pieces which I thought I got... swept, vaccumed, mopped and still I just found a big chunk in my dogs mouth... he will chew on ANYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom