Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NO! The weather man just mentioned SNOW for the first time this year. I'm sure the whole city is getting ready to shut down. lol!!

I wish snow would shut down this town and the surrounding 200 miles or so....

and that's all I have to say about that......

No I'm ok....
I think...
DH drives a truck overnights and will be in the worst band of snow all night long.
makes me crazy I worry too much. He's an excellent driver, never had an accident, but since what happened with his sister (snowy car accident) I just dont handle the thought of snow driving well at all.
Thanks for asking though. My nails are all chewed off and he's only been gone an hour!

No I'm ok....
I think...
DH drives a truck overnights and will be in the worst band of snow all night long.
makes me crazy I worry too much. He's an excellent driver, never had an accident, but since what happened with his sister (snowy car accident) I just dont handle the thought of snow driving well at all.
Thanks for asking though. My nails are all chewed off and he's only been gone an hour!
Suzi,
get the kids to sleep, get some tea or cocoa and a cookie, sit and sip them and let your body relax a little, then close your eyes and and ask for protection for your dh..it will be given.....I will do the same and I'm sure any of our DC family who reads this will join in and we will form a circle of love and warmth.
kades

Sometimes stress can not only tire me out but make me feel like I am the one with dementia. I can be forgetful. So please forgive me if I repost the same recipe twice. Health issues are some of the hardest ones to deal with and I am doing my best to learn to relax and and accept what is happening to my mom. It just is so painful to watch someone who had a memory like an elephant forget so much. I am losing my mother slowly over time and there is nothing that I can do about it and it hurts. It not only hurts to see my mom decline but it also hurts to see her friends at the nursing home decline as well. In 2-1/2 years many have died or have been moved to a lowering functioning unit--or even hospice. It is just so sad. I have to gather my courage every day when I visit my mom because I do not know what I will face. Sigh.

Suzi, I am praying for your husband's safety. I am also praying for you, that you can feel a sense of peace.

Susan, I am praying for you and for your mother.

Barbara

Suzi, I have been praying for your hubby since you first mentioned your fears and will continue to do so. Just realize that the more he sees your stress, the more he will be stressed driving because he will be worrying about you. I have been watching the weather reports in your area and will continue to pray accordingly. {{{{hugs}}}} to you and your family.

Susan, I totally understand your situation. DH's grandmother had dementia and was in a home. I watched his mom care for her every day and how it affected her. When they were away I would make it a point to go visit Grandma as much as I could and it was completely draining even though I wasn't the primary care giver. I loved being with her but it was hard at the same time. I am praying for both of you as well.

Thank you both for sharing your struggles with us. I have learned from my own situations that this is a very caring place to be.

Thanks everyone, just thought I should tell you it worked.
:)
He got thru, had some brake trouble but thankfully not until he was stopping for fuel anyway..... that's some very special angel at work if you ask me! I think it was his Dad and sister....

Anyway he's home, 4 1/2 hours late, but happily snowblowing the driveway.
I think I'll go make him some cocoa.

Stupid vent. lol UPS delivers a package. The garage door is wide open. It's raining cats and dogs. Where does he leave the package?? In front of the front door.............which is right next to the open garage door!!!! It's a good thing we were home to get it right away. GGrrrrrrr

Barb

They called today to take out our hepa filters and I have been silent and patient through this whole flood ordeal but have had enough. I very calmly told them that they could take the dehumidifier and ONE air filter but they were to leave us with one, sanitize the walls, take out the vanities and remove the rest of the flooring so I can call them to put the walls back up and so I can breathe properly for once. I also told our management company that the excuses they were making for the rotting joists were not cutting it but it is their building and if they want it to fall down then go ahead and leave them. They will be fixed tomorrow.

What was that line from that movie? I am mad as **** and I am not going to take it any more!

They called today to take out our hepa filters and I have been silent and patient through this whole flood ordeal but have had enough. I very calmly told them that they could take the dehumidifier and ONE air filter but they were to leave us with one, sanitize the walls, take out the vanities and remove the rest of the flooring so I can call them to put the walls back up and so I can breathe properly for once. I also told our management company that the excuses they were making for the rotting joists were not cutting it but it is their building and if they want it to fall down then go ahead and leave them. They will be fixed tomorrow.

What was that line from that movie? I am mad as **** and I am not going to take it any more!
Good girl, hard as it is we have to stand up and say no more..No one else cares one way or the other as long as it's not something that gets in their way..So you go girl and keep on those boxing glubs as Carson would say:LOL:
kades

Thanks, Kades. Now if I can stick to my guns with the doctor about letting me keep on trying to straighten my leg on my own without needles, hospitals and "passive motion machines" I will be batting 1000! I am tired of posting in the venting thread. I am ready for the celebration one!

Stupid vent. lol UPS delivers a package. The garage door is wide open. It's raining cats and dogs. Where does he leave the package?? In front of the front door.............which is right next to the open garage door!!!! It's a good thing we were home to get it right away. GGrrrrrrr

Barb

Barb, once they came to our door that had a big sign on it that said "knock on the garage door as that is where we are. We came out to find one of their "we called but you were out" notices....stuck right over top of ours!:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom