Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corazon90 - girlfriend - put them kids to bed early and have a glass of wine. I feel for you, I've had those nights too. Take some time for yourself tonight. Tomorrow is a new day!

Sigh! I need to vent too. My little one has been sick for a couple of days with ear infections. Dr. put him on antibiotics but he threw up on the first dose and refuses to take the second one. I'm hoping the vomitting was because of the flavor of the meds and not rotavirus. On top of it, he woke up this morning with a pink eye to later develop pink eye on his other eye. It's my first week at work and I'm about to lose it completely! ARGH! I have not cooked dinner at all this week cause I'm overwhelmed with work. As it is, I'm posting from my classroom since I've been posting grades tonight. I must go now. I still feel frustrated and tired. I hope this passes quickly.

corazon90 said:
Oh, these kids are driving me crazy tonight!!!:wacko: Feel like I need to go outside and scream, then disappear for the night. Aidan has spent the last 2 hours whining and eating dinner! He keeps telling me he wants to eat it but isn't getting any of it in his mouth. He has 10 minutes before I give it to the dog. Callum is doing the nonstop crying thing. dh just left to go to a martial arts class. Early bedtime for Aidan, I think. Wish me luck.:lucky:

I'm sorry about those boys, kadesma. These punk :punk: kids just don't have any respect for anyone! You're so wonderful, and you certainly didn't deserve this.
Thank you Cora, waht a nice thing to say..Wish I could come help with the boys. I know how hard it is when they get whiny and play with food. Poor Carson was like that today, he is getting more teeth and is drooling like crazy and has a runny nose. He is a good eater, but one of those babies who like variety..He wants to swith off between veggies, then meat, then bred. He is so wise that he knows if you fork something a second time in a row and will NOT let you give it to him..Cade has a cold and barked all day, Olivia, was just plain a pain in the fanny wanting to be held or else she would cry, Ethan, was fine til I'd pick up Olivia then it was uppy ma, uppy ma.. So by 5 when everyone decided to head for home, I was a tad tired..This all began at 6:30 this morning:ROFLMAO: Plus the big kid DH was here as well, men have no idea that if you don't want a kid in a room ya close the door..Or if you play with one who is not walking ya don't leave him on the bed alone while you type on the computer..Fun huh? See ya, it's about time ot sit for awhile and do nothing..
When DH gets home, hand him whoever is awake then go outside bay at the moon and then come in and have something to comfort YOU!! You deserve the very best.

kadesma:)

I'm sorry Dina:( ! This must be a stressful time for you. Poor little guy - and I know you want to be there but need to be here. This is very bad sick season - my son went from 5 days of stomach flu immediately into RSV virus complicated by ear infection. I have no where else to be so I am no where near as bad off as you. I am sorry for you - is there anyone who can stay with your son while you are at school? Love and hugs and prayers to you!

kadesma said:
Plus the big kid DH was here as well, men have no idea that if you don't want a kid in a room ya close the door..Or if you play with one who is not walking ya don't leave him on the bed alone while you type on the computer..Fun huh?

When DH gets home, hand him whoever is awake then go outside bay at the moon and then come in and have something to comfort YOU!!
The big kid DH should also not fill a two year old full of chocolate and hand him off.:ermm: :rolleyes: Both the kids will probably be awake when he gets home, he'll put Aidan to bed and I'll put Callum to sleep. That's the routine. He doesn't do much with Callum anyway.:dry: Pretty much, only if he has to, until Callum gets old enough to really play with him. Makes me crazy sometimes. Gripe. Gripe. Gripe.

Best of luck to you Dina! It's a new job and everything will fall into place before long. It's an adjustment period for everyone. I hope your little boy gets better fast!

Thanks MM, I'd love to have that glass of wine. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but tonight, I feel like I need it!

MicheleMarie,
Thanks. My little one is much better now. I thankfully have my mom to watch my kids when they get sick. He's back at daycare and liking it. Things are just hectic at work with students' behavior! Sigh! I am trying my best to keep these little ones controlled (and I really don't want to sound mean to them) but I'm having to be very firm. This job really teaches me PATIENCE!

I REALLY HATE LANDLORDS THAT ABUSE THEIR RIGHTS!!!!!
My son said that early Saturday morning, while him, his roommate and a friend were sleeping, their landlord woke them BANGING on the door, before they even had a chance to get to the door, she screamed, I'M COMING IN and used her key and walked right in. She was yelling at my son that their rent was due yesterday and they better hand it over, then after yelling more, walked out. The roommate is the first on the lease, as he is the one that leased the property weeks before son moved in and signed also. The agreement was that she would deal directly with the roommate. The roommate went over there and asked her if just the day before, she didn't say that he could pay on the 3rd as that is when he would get his check, she smiled and said "Oh yeah, I did, didn't I?" AAARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!

How frustrating! I bet your son was angry. I would have been too. Maybe she has had some bum tenants before and was trying to save herself from future aggervation - or maybe she is just a meanie - hard to tell quite yet. I hope things don't continue like that - you know what they say, mom's make the best landlords!:angel: :glare: :-p

Yep, but dad's don't!!:LOL:

I told him that he better walk the line and better start paying on the 1st and not go by oral agreements. I know how the rental laws work against the rentors. We were landlords for 10 years:angel: :LOL:
She has the right to come into the home, but, sense he didn't get a copy of the lease yet, after a month of being there, I don't know exactly what she put on there. I believe it is within descent hours and with fore warning. Not sure though. I told him to tell her that he wants a copy of it. It is her legal duty to give him a copy anyway.

AWW texasgirl I hope this all works out- how humiliating for your poor son.Love and energy, Vicki

He has to grow up and learn the real life sometime. I just hate to see it happen and for this woman to take advantage of her status, IF that is what is going on. We'll see. He may have just gotten mad and upset and blown it bigger than it actually was. That tends to happen to the best of us.

This isn't eally avent it just a I'm pooped post. Poor mom, is in the hospital, diagnosis, CHF congestive heart failure, sounds worse than it is. But, because after 30 years of not smoking she took it up again about a year ago. This is also causeing her to have a low oxegyn level in her blood. So along with her dementia she is a handful. I took her to the ER at 10p.m. monday night and didn't get back to bed til last nite at 11:30 So I'm pooped. She doesn't know where she is at the hospital, and wants me right at her side or she cries, and I'm hoping once I get her home it will be better. We stay with her taking turns all day and some of the night. I didn't want them to tie her down, so that was my option. Ari finally made my sis feel guilty about not coming to see mom, so they are coming to day. Good for mom, for me thought, more work. but I am NOT cooking tonight they will have to come along as we go eat OUT...I just don't have the go get um to whip up a meal..anywho before this turns into a rant and vent..just wanted to let you know what is going on..I'm just about ready to go to the hospital and visit..Thanks for being here..
hugs,
kadesma:)

kadesma, you are a saint, I swear. You have dealt with so much. I wish your mom understood everything that you are doing. You are one helluva woman, do you know that?? Now, go do what pds said. Lay down and rest. I'll drink a glass of wine to you tonight!!!

Okay, ressurecting {sp} this thread.

I have applied to 12 different companies and not ONE PHONE CALL!!!!!!
I am about to start pulling out my hair. I have my resume on Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, Jobcentral.com, Tx Workforce Commission, hotjobs.yahoo.com and Jobs.com
I hate this crap!!!!!!!!! I am getting my sister's Microsoft Office program and teaching myself the Excel and Office. I've seen them, and done a little in the Excel but, it seems as though the people want you to walk in and know everything about the programs, so, I'm going to learn it on my own so that I can update my resume.

Okay, steam out now. LOL

texasgirl said:
Okay, ressurecting {sp} this thread.

I have applied to 12 different companies and not ONE PHONE CALL!!!!!!
I am about to start pulling out my hair. I have my resume on Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, Jobcentral.com, Tx Workforce Commission, hotjobs.yahoo.com and Jobs.com
I hate this crap!!!!!!!!! I am getting my sister's Microsoft Office program and teaching myself the Excel and Office. I've seen them, and done a little in the Excel but, it seems as though the people want you to walk in and know everything about the programs, so, I'm going to learn it on my own so that I can update my resume.

Okay, steam out now. LOL
Texas,
I know you are at your wits end, keep learning and do what your doing with the computer program..You are already ahead of the game and when that special job comes along, they are going to grab you up and be thrilled that they did..Hang in there, you can do this:) I'm praying for you...

kadesma

I just don't have patience. LOL, never did. I always want something RIGHT NOW!!
Oh well, I know something will come along. Thanks kadesma!!

tg... do you have a temp agancy in town?
I worked through one a few years back... it's wasn't full time or high pay
but it kept me going for awhile. They were also willing to teach me some computer programs.
It was nice going to a new place every day too...

I've worked for temp services too, for 2 years. There is only one that is in this area and that's mainly construction type jobs. I've talked to 2 different ones that are about 30+ miles from me and they don't get many calls for my area. I don't care about the pay right now, so long as I'm not working for gas money. And if it's too far, that's pretty much what I would be doing. I'm not giving up though. I just faxed my resume to another company that doesn't list software as a requirement, just computer skills. So many are wanting your resume emailed and faxed now days. I guess it helps cut down on wasting their time interviewing and wasted paper on people that don't qualify and are just applying. Hopefully, this one will call, it's only about 20 minutes away and in a direction that people are usually going the other way in the mornings :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom