Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm early for everything!! I keep a book in the car because I know I'm going to be tooooo early.

Unfortunately James cannot be on time for anything. I read something about people with ADD, and it said that they have unrealistic ideas about time. I think James honestly thinks he can get up, eat breakfast, take a shower, and get dressed all in 10 minutes. I have had to resort to telling him we have to be places earlier, but I can't do that all the time. I do it when something is really important. Time is just not important to James, he thinks the world is too wrapped up in time. It drives me totally crazy!

:huh:Barbara

I can relate to that , Barbara.

I'm an "on-time" person. Don't like to be really early just maybe 5 minutes before I'm supposed to be there. DH on the other hand, is a "late-person" Late to EVERYTHING! Drives me nuts!

I had a very odd dream this morning. I have been thinking about my father of late and he was in it but it was not a good dream. sigh I guess, watch well what you wish for.

They are lazy and have no cares for anyone but themselves...They need to be taught a hard lesson..OOOOOps sorry dinner was at 8 would you like a pbj sandwich?:-p
kades

i think people that are always late are passive aggressive . they are in essence saying,"i don't have to do what anyone tells me" i also never wait for them. the meal is served when i said it would be. course there are exception , car trouble and the like.

Arrgh. I am so MAD right now I can't see straight. My husband is really a nice guy but when he drinks he gets so obnoxious. He was flying home from San Diego today and the flight was delayed. Evidently he had a couple of drinks in the airport and then had 2 (its just a 1 hr. flight !!!!) drinks between San Diego and Phoenix, where he evidently got kicked off the plane. He keeps calling me to tell me not to come pick him up - he has told me he's in Albuquerque twice, once he said he was in Dallas, but according to the airline his plane just left Phoenix so that's where I'm going to guess he is.

This has never happened before. I've been with him when he was obnoxiously drunk and have been able to control his behavior, but when I'm not there - ugh... I guess he will fly stand-by tomorrow (on New Year's Eve) and I am just mad enough to scream. I had tailored my whole day today to be up late and drive to the airport over 1 hour away to pick him up. I just hope the airline will let him on a plane tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be embarrassed that I vented this to y'all but I don't have anyone to call at this hour to complain. Grrrr. It just makes me so angry that he can't behave himself.

Tomorrow I'll be embarrassed that I vented this to y'all but I don't have anyone to call at this hour to complain. Grrrr. It just makes me so angry that he can't behave himself.

Never be embarrassed about venting anything here. If you look back into this thread you will see a lot of us have aired our dirty laundry here. That's what this is for - get it out and it is easier to deal with. We are here for you!

Arrgh. I am so MAD right now I can't see straight. My husband is really a nice guy but when he drinks he gets so obnoxious. He was flying home from San Diego today and the flight was delayed. Evidently he had a couple of drinks in the airport and then had 2 (its just a 1 hr. flight !!!!) drinks between San Diego and Phoenix, where he evidently got kicked off the plane. He keeps calling me to tell me not to come pick him up - he has told me he's in Albuquerque twice, once he said he was in Dallas, but according to the airline his plane just left Phoenix so that's where I'm going to guess he is.

This has never happened before. I've been with him when he was obnoxiously drunk and have been able to control his behavior, but when I'm not there - ugh... I guess he will fly stand-by tomorrow (on New Year's Eve) and I am just mad enough to scream. I had tailored my whole day today to be up late and drive to the airport over 1 hour away to pick him up. I just hope the airline will let him on a plane tomorrow.

Aww, Sweetie, I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. It must be really hard with him so far away that you can't go and get him and fuss at him all the way home!

As far as being embarrassed about posting this, don't worry about it. None of us here are perfect and neither are our spouses. While not everyone will have been through the exact same thing, we've all had to deal with a spouse or child or someone close misbehaving in some dreadful way. That's one of the reasons we have this thread.

So try to relax and get some rest since there's nothing you can do tonight. We're here for you, scoobagirl.

Fisher's Mom - you're right. there is nothing I can do tonight. He hasn't called back so I am going to go to bed and see what tomorrow brings.

The really ironic part of all this is that he has a friend that has been behaving in a similar manner and he's been so angry with him for the things he's doing and has chewed on him a lot about it. Hello, honey, look in the mirror!!! *sigh*

thank you all for being so kind. I don't even remember the last time I was so sad/mad/disappointed. I'll dry my tears and get some rest, and tomorrow will be a new day. (I'm normally optimistic but I'm having a hard time seeing the light in this tunnel)

There is not a reason in the world for you to be embarrassed, you've done nothing wrong..Get some rest and then look at things with an unclouded mind tomorrow...Hopefully this will be the end of it..And remember we are here for you to talk to without being embarrassed..We just want to help and comfort you.
kadesma

DC is such a wonderful place. It's so nice that people can post in this thread whatever it is that is bothering them without fear of judgement...the only response being kind words.

Right this minute I could just run outside and bay at the moon..I for the life of me cannot get over the fact that people are always at the ready even right after Christmas to bicker over something as sensless as a word..Say a prayer for me please I do not like to feel this way..It's not me
kades

Actually I think this is the time when people bicker more - not a lot of people working and they are bored , so pick on something to make an argument. I believe this time between Christmas & New Year is one of the highest family break up points in the UK. It's sad, but often driven by unreal expectations of the period - so many people want the Christmas they remember and burn them selves out trying to do it and things go wrong. I've come to the point and try to be laid back and take it my stride.

I still though get upset - this year I got what I asked for from DW and the boys but it still siappointed me - I don't know why, possibly just wanting something to show they thought things through and chose something as a surprise with me in mind. Also let myself get upset because I had a really small pile in front of me and the others had great big piles. I had to turn around as say to myself that you are adult and it really is that important anyway and put it behind me. We went on to have a lovely day - peaceful, all working together to get the meal out and then relaxing in front of the telly.

I got a call today from the assisted living that my mom is in. Hospice is getting her a single bed that I requested a couple weeks ago because her double bed is set up too high and it's hard for her to get in and out. They call at 1 and say they'll be there at 2 and I need to break down her bed and get it out of the room. Gee....can you give me a little time!!!! It's not like I'm sitting here waiting for your call. I told them they would have to break it down and just put it in the living room of her room and when I can make arrangements I will come and get it. Sorry, but I don't own a truck to haul things. Now I have to bother my sil to come after work one day and get the thing out of there. I don't know what I'm going to do with it when I do get it. When I went up there later in the day, I had to make up her bed and put things in order. I guess they didn't think she would need sheets on her bed!! I am getting so frustrated any more. At least she has more room in her bedroom now. That's my vent for the day!!!!

Barb

Actually I think this is the time when people bicker more - not a lot of people working and they are bored , so pick on something to make an argument. I believe this time between Christmas & New Year is one of the highest family break up points in the UK. It's sad, but often driven by unreal expectations of the period - so many people want the Christmas they remember and burn them selves out trying to do it and things go wrong. I've come to the point and try to be laid back and take it my stride.

I still though get upset - this year I got what I asked for from DW and the boys but it still siappointed me - I don't know why, possibly just wanting something to show they thought things through and chose something as a surprise with me in mind. Also let myself get upset because I had a really small pile in front of me and the others had great big piles. I had to turn around as say to myself that you are adult and it really is that important anyway and put it behind me. We went on to have a lovely day - peaceful, all working together to get the meal out and then relaxing in front of the telly.
I'm so sorry you had that little pang of disappointment, miniman. I know how much you love your family and value your family time and try to make everything special for them. I think you're right about longing to recapture the idealized Christmas of our past. And it's funny about the size of the "pile" in front of you - it isn't the gifts at all. It's the whole "how good were you last year" and "how much are you loved" validation thing. It's a hard thing to rid your psychi of.

Ever feel as if you don't count? Like you here to do what the dialysis center wants, when they want it? They make me so angry..They don't keep track of injections then call and expect you to just waltz in and get it from them. doesn't matter if you have company coming or are watching your babies pr planning a trip out to lunch, just drop it and get there like it's your fault they goofed..Right this miute I could blow the roof off the house..I know they are there to help keep me alive, but darn it please respect the fact that I need to know what and when and I do have a life outside the center. Sorry had to write this down or just explode with anger...I'm sick of trying to keep track of things that you'd expect the center to keep track of.
kades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom