Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck on your tests. Just go in there and show 'em what ya know about wine tasting......

cats17.gif

i showed 'em! now let's see what my grade was! thanks, cooksie! your kitty is adorable! it made me grin. I love kitties soooo much!

i also took a cost-control test, very easy, & a kitchens test, & that went well.

i showed 'em! now let's see what my grade was! thanks, cooksie! your kitty is adorable! it made me grin. I love kitties soooo much!

i also took a cost-control test, very easy, & a kitchens test, & that went well.
See, didn't I tell you you could do that test? Way to go luvs;)BRAVA
kades

I have my purchasing test tomorrow, then my hospitality supervision next week. Got our Pastry take-home written test today, to do over the weekend. Will finish up with my CARES test in bar and beverage next week, then I'm OUTTA HERE!!!!!! Woo Hoo!

i am sick of the water being turned off in this mobile park. happening far to often. does no good to complain. not like we can go somewhere else. it is bad enough when they warn us, but not today. just gone for four hours. thanks for the vent.
our water dosen't go out much but mostly in the winter. and the water pressure stinks!!

awesome, wyogirl! i wasn't at school yesterday or today, so i only recieved 1 grade via e-mail. a 68%. ha-rumph.....

Long story short.... lost emails thru a system recovery . Hubby took my PC to a shop to fix problems with it and the guy did a recovery, never had a chance to back up my stuff(photos and paintings) and especially my important emails...:mad: I am so angry... and upset. I am using my laptop at the moment. I have my PC back but I am too upset to even use it now . I have to reinstall every thing I had on there and remove stuff I do not want.

i am venting today about a back ache. several days now, not sure what i did to it. it is one of those nagging thing just below right shoulder blade. i am not a nice sick person. i have to patience with not being able to do what i like.

also thomas is bothering the devil out of me. won't shut up, i don't think he has a clue what he wants.............and neither do i....this is a good thread

Long story short.... lost emails thru a system recovery . Hubby took my PC to a shop to fix problems with it and the guy did a recovery, never had a chance to back up my stuff(photos and paintings) and especially my important emails...:mad: I am so angry... and upset. I am using my laptop at the moment. I have my PC back but I am too upset to even use it now . I have to reinstall every thing I had on there and remove stuff I do not want.
Oh nuts LC,
what a mess..I know how you feel. I get so upset with this thing I could just take a hammer to it..Good thoughts and hugs coming your way.
kades

Oh nuts LC,
what a mess..I know how you feel. I get so upset with this thing I could just take a hammer to it..Good thoughts and hugs coming your way.
kades
so sorry ladies. i have been there. i have learned:
i never store email on my puter any more due to crashes and such. i have AOL (save to AOL NOT puter and you can read your email anywhere and it won't get lost, i have email saved on there for years) and a YAHOO (same thing). i have a folder on my desktop i call Backup Files, i put everything i want to keep safe in there. then i use an app called SyncToy and i sync (backup) this folder at least once a week to a second drive on my personal network. if you don't have a second hard drive try a external means like maybe a cd or dvd-RW disc or a flash drive. i have been using synctoy for many years now and i love it. in researching a link to post here i found a newer version (2.0 below) and i am going to download it now. it works on XP or Vista (i have both OS's 1 puter XP, 1 laptop XP, 1 laptop Vista and it works great). i hope this may solve some of the tears due to the "heartbreak of the crash". muahhhhhhhhh

Download SycToy here

So far no real crash for me..I am just one of those people who hate to wait..This thing drives me round the bend at times..I leave it one at night and when I go to get one the screen is black and I wait and wait for it to go way!! By the time it does I want to take a hammer to it..:LOL:
Other times i'm fine with it..just depends what type of day i've had:wacko:

kades

So far no real crash for me..I am just one of those people who hate to wait..This thing drives me round the bend at times..I leave it one at night and when I go to get one the screen is black and I wait and wait for it to go way!! By the time it does I want to take a hammer to it..:LOL:

kades
ahaaaaaaaaa maybe if you do (1 of each) a disk cleanup, scan disk and defrag will solve that.

kades

Your computer might be going into the hibernation mode. Mine came from the factory set to hibernate after so many minutes of inactivity. I re-set mine to "never hibernate," and that problem went away. I hated it with a passion.

Your computer might be going into the hibernation mode. Mine came from the factory set to hibernate after so many minutes of inactivity. I re-set mine to "never hibernate," and that problem went away. I hated it with a passion.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm that may be the problem. i don't have mine on hibernate and i get the black screen sometimes, usually the screensaver is messing up on mine (so i do maintenance and it is fixed). if you have a vista never delete the hibernation files when you do a disk cleanup. when i first got my vista i would dump those files and it caused me problems.

I do back up files but hubby took the pc before I could back it up. I don't use AOL and I do have external drives and do back up to that as well as to dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom