Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this might be a rant and not venting. all the medical stuff and no one has the answers . i need to know how to raise blood sugar. mine has tested very low most of day. did the juice thing, had some dinner. all that is offered is glucose . they work quickly but don't stay around for very long. guess i will try some ice cream. the low blood reading, makes me vague, dizzy, sleepy . i can't water the plants, afraid i will fall. it truely truly sucks
s

this might be a rant and not venting. all the medical stuff and no one has the answers . i need to know how to raise blood sugar. mine has tested very low most of day. did the juice thing, had some dinner. all that is offered is glucose . they work quickly but don't stay around for very long. guess i will try some ice cream. the low blood reading, makes me vague, dizzy, sleepy . i can't water the plants, afraid i will fall. it truely truly sucks
s
babe,
if you blood glucose is staying that low, you might need to have you meds lowered...Make an appointment to have blood work done, see what you hba1c is then go from there.
kades

you bet. i am diabetic. my blood sugars go up and down. neither is good. but low is really tough. can lead to passing out . last few days, it has been really low, and i am having some problems getting it up and keep it staying up.last night i injected 25 units of insulin when i had been injecting 30. trying to space out mini bites through out the day. clear, if not let me know.

you bet. i am diabetic. my blood sugars go up and down. neither is good. but low is really tough. can lead to passing out . last few days, it has been really low, and i am having some problems getting it up and keep it staying up.last night i injected 25 units of insulin when i had been injecting 30. trying to space out mini bites through out the day. clear, if not let me know.
Sorry to hear about that Babe, I hope you get to feel better soon.

Can you eat a candy bar or 2 to get your sugers up?

so far so good. was good test this am. cut back on insulin. maybe it is time for a insulin pump. course an omelet at midnight helps.
babe, that sounds like what you need to do..Lows are nasty and scary..Do you still feel them when they start? I would how ever talk to the doctor about lowerin the insulin..I take 11 units at night and that works fine..I am going to discuss going back on oral meds now and see what happens. But, I am happy that you got those glucose numbers up. I find things like rice or potatoes or a part of a soda do the trick if I'm out of glucose tabs...
kades

so far i have kept it up. all day. yes i can feel it as i am sure u can as well. not a good feeling. i get confused and very weak. sometimes i break into a sweat. have waked up drenched , and menopause is long gone. i take oral meds as well as long term insulin. have quick insulin for big spikes. ..had a hot fudge sundae and that sure helped. felt better today. got a few chores dong.

If we are not here after Monday, Its is because we have lost our internet/phone line. We owe $125 and we just don't have it. please pray for us, I am going to try and sell some things tomorrow in order to pay for that and get us some food, pray hard for us. :(

Love and Hugs,
James

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG POISON IVY!!

SHOT IN THE KEISTER, ITCH, PILLS, CREAM, FACE, ARMS, OTHER PLACES :shock:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO CLUE HOW I GOT IT!!

QUIT SMOKING 16 DAYS AGO!!!!!!!!!

One time we were in our boat and my sister-in-law had to go to the potty. We pulled up along shore and she went way up in the bushes to go. Guess what? Poison Ivy, you know where. Oh, how she suffered.

One time we were in our boat and my sister-in-law had to go to the potty. We pulled up along shore and she went way up in the bushes to go. Guess what? Poison Ivy, you know where. Oh, how she suffered.
oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! i know i know!!

I should also mention, that I promised Katie I will share what's going on here on DC while she is computer limited, so if you wanted to share a sentiment, do so. I will read it verbatim.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom