Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The saga of the microwave continued... hubby decided we need a new one after all, he didn't like having to go outside to use the smelly microwave and got tired of reheating his coffee in a pan. So maybe we'll get one today , he researched microwaves on the net , found out it is not expensive as he thought. If he thinks we'll get a cheapo little one, he has another think coming.;) I want a decent sized one with plenty of power and room.

The saga of the microwave continued... hubby decided we need a new one after all, he didn't like having to go outside to use the smelly microwave and got tired of reheating his coffee in a pan. So maybe we'll get one today , he researched microwaves on the net , found out it is not expensive as he thought. If he thinks we'll get a cheapo little one, he has another think coming.;) I want a decent sized one with plenty of power and room.
i replaced my old microwave last year with a large 1600 watt for $100 including tax and extended warrenty. (i got my old 750 watt microwave in 1985!!).

i replaced my old microwave last year with a large 1600 watt for $100 including tax and extended warrenty. (i got my old 750 watt microwave in 1985!!).

my old one that quit , is 20 yrs. old . It is a big unit , used every day, mostly for hubby's reheating coffee and making oatmeal. I have used it for real cooking as well . ;) What brand is your new one ?

my old one that quit , is 20 yrs. old . It is a big unit , used every day, mostly for hubby's reheating coffee and making oatmeal. I have used it for real cooking as well . ;) What brand is your new one ?
my old one was large also and this one is just as large but more watts. the new one is a kenmore.

Hiya LadyCook, Please don't get a little cheap microwave, I have a little cheap microwave for my apartment and it sucks worse then a Dyson vacuum.

Only thing you can do in it is to melt ice cream, warm up water and that's about it.

i hope this helps:

img_836969_0_456ab9972455f20f1ea367b906d3af24.jpg

img_836969_1_40a9f7aae4c62762da56be9d7e4eb303.jpg

img_836969_2_c0217fad8773cadb889202fa427f834b.jpg

i hope this helps:

I didn't see your pictures before we went shopping at Sears. We went there because they were having a sale. As you can see from my picture, we got a Kenmore too . :) I like my black microwave because all my appliances are black. Sale price was $139.99 , not bad actually for a 2.0 cubic ft and 1200 watt. I like it because my 13x9 inch dish can fit in it.

Attachments

• micro-specs.jpg
    micro-specs.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 155
  • new-micro.jpg
    new-micro.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 154
I didn't see your pictures before we went shopping at Sears. We went there because they were having a sale. As you can see from my picture, we got a Kenmore too . :) I like my black microwave because all my appliances are black. Sale price was $139.99 , not bad actually for a 2.0 cubic ft and 1200 watt. I like it because my 13x9 inch dish can fit in it.
Congratulations! Lady Cook, I'm glad you purchased a nice microwave and not a piece of junk one like I have.

congrats!!

my micro is about ten years old. forgot who made it and to lazy to go and look. it has a convection setting as well. nine by thirteen fits great. most of my dishes are the white corning. cook , reheat freeze and serve in same pan.

i don't know what people without them do. pretty much everything i have ever asked of it . it has done. couldn't cook without it.

My Microwave is very very old and I think we are the third "owners" as it has been handed down through our church. It replaced one that was almost identical, just a little older, LOL!

We could replace it. But I don't use if for much other than the very rare defrost when I forget to take things out on time to defrost in the fridge and an occasional reheat.

i asked my Mom to return thr microwave she got me a few ago. we cook frozwn stuff just fine.

My mom has been in the hospital for almost a week. :( I wish they would release her. She had her gallbladder out on Thursday. Hopefully, she will get out of there tomorrow.

I am so sorry to hear that. I send my thoughts and prayers for her health and release.

My mom has been in the hospital for almost a week. :( I wish they would release her. She had her gallbladder out on Thursday. Hopefully, she will get out of there tomorrow.
SC, prayers on the way for your mom..Keep in touch..It's so good to see you
kades

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

SC - I'm sad for you. But at the same time, I'm glad for you. She will be coming home and allow you a lot more time to appreciate her.

I haven't looked into any dietary needs for someone with gall bladder, but I would do a little research (ask the nurses and doctors), but I would be happy I could cook lots more for her.

I lost my mom when she was pretty young, so I promote giving mom everything when possible :)

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom