Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the doctor is talking about a loony bin for my friend wallie. they are angry that they bare the cost of someone to watch every minute. as soon as they can remove the trac they would do the move. her daughter is trying to get another doctor and not having much luck. to many criteria they have to meet. i have gotten a list on line, hope one will be right. they have wallie so doped, i don't know what she needs a sitter. they are worried about lawsuits and covering their ***. this nightmare just goes on and on.

I have nothing to vent about, I just want to complain. I am so tired, starting back from begining of the summer it's been so crazy around here. I am very, very tired, phisicaly tiered, really need vacation. But it's just ot happening in near future.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

i am pissed because someone on another cooking forum (not the one you are thinking) posted one of my "Mom's" recipes that i posted on 6/15/09 as his own. it was almost word for word. where i had written it in 3rd person (mom) he changed to 1st person. he gave no credit to me or my mom!! i have no problem with people using or reposting my recipes so long as credit is given.

this is also bad timimg and to explain why i am so touchy about this is beause my mom WOULD have been 72 on 9/11 and she passed 7 days after her 68th birthday on 9/18/05. i am feeling very sad. i am now feeling sorry i jumped at him like i did but it just touched a nerve. i hope he understands. i am sure recipes of loved ones who have passed are a sensitive subject to many people. i am tearing up at the moment. i think my cooking skills are average for a homecook and the food is tasty but not spectacular. but am i wrong in thinking i / mom should have been acknowledged?

am i being to b*t**y, petty or touchy about this?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

i am pissed because someone on another cooking forum (not the one you are thinking) posted one of my "Mom's" recipes that i posted on 6/15/09 as his own. it was almost word for word. where i had written it in 3rd person (mom) he changed to 1st person. he gave no credit to me or my mom!! i have no problem with people using or reposting my recipes so long as credit is given.

this is also bad timimg and to explain why i am so touchy about this is beause my mom WOULD have been 72 on 9/11 and she passed 7 days after her 68th birthday on 9/18/05. i am feeling very sad. i am now feeling sorry i jumped at him like i did but it just touched a nerve. i hope he understands. i am sure recipes of loved ones who have passed are a sensitive subject to many people. i am tearing up at the moment. i think my cooking skills are average for a homecook and the food is tasty but not spectacular. but am i wrong in thinking i / mom should have been acknowledged?

am i being to b*t**y, petty or touchy about this?
I think acknowledgment should definitely been given. It's one thing to copy a recipe exactly as written, but he changed the wording to make it appear to be his own.

I can understand you being a little touchy about this right now, but you evidently explained this to him, so I think you are fine. I went through a touchy situation at one of the Facebook games I play recently as well. Someone who is not even in my "crew" (one of my game partners) was going around leaving mean "yo mama" jokes on everyone's pages. She didn't know us, and there was no reason to leave them for us. The one I got was one of the "yo mama is so ugly..." jokes and it touched a nerve for me, as my mom passed away right before Christmas in 2000. I wrote a message (polite but to the point) about the fact that some jokes may be funny in the right circumstances, but that polite people know who they should and should not tell those jokes to, and that I did not appreciate it. I noticed a few other people left similar messages for her.

I am pretty good about taking things like that in stride, but now and then I still go through my "I want my Mama" periods, and she just happened to hit during one of those.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
I think acknowledgment should definitely been given. It's one thing to copy a recipe exactly as written, but he changed the wording to make it appear to be his own.

I can understand you being a little touchy about this right now, but you evidently explained this to him, so I think you are fine. I went through a touchy situation at one of the Facebook games I play recently as well. Someone who is not even in my "crew" (one of my game partners) was going around leaving mean "yo mama" jokes on everyone's pages. She didn't know us, and there was no reason to leave them for us. The one I got was one of the "yo mama is so ugly..." jokes and it touched a nerve for me, as my mom passed away right before Christmas in 2000. I wrote a message (polite but to the point) about the fact that some jokes may be funny in the right circumstances, but that polite people know who they should and should not tell those jokes to, and that I did not appreciate it. I noticed a few other people left similar messages for her.

I am pretty good about taking things like that in stride, but now and then I still go through my "I want my Mama" periods, and she just happened to hit during one of those.

thank you sweetie.
i am so sorry for your loss and the bad treatment you got from an unthinking fool!!

btw i am not a member and never have even looked at facebook before. you can play games on facebook like on yahoo games? i love playing canasta, backgammon and spades.

thank you sweetie.
i am so sorry for your loss and the bad treatment you got from an unthinking fool!!

btw i am not a member and never have even looked at facebook before. you can play games on facebook like on yahoo games? i love playing canasta, backgammon and spades.
Thanks!

Yes, there are a lot of games on Facebook. I also play games with my daughter on Yahoo (mainly Literati).

Barbara, Msmofet, you both have reason to be very angry. msmofet good for you giving them a piece of your mind. How very rude to STEAL your recipe and I do mean steal. No leeway or anything given to this person who did this. Frankly a swift kick would be a way to go...I'm proud of your telling them off and don't you dare apologize. Barbara, we all love our mom's and there is no call to be so darn rude. That person would get the cold shoulder from me and as for saying your forgiven!!!! When pigs fly... Take it for what it's worth Barbara, rudeness..Payback will come one day and may you see it and listen to the squeeling when it does come...Know your both loved and cared for
kades

Barbara, Msmofet, you both have reason to be very angry. msmofet good for you giving them a piece of your mind. How very rude to STEAL your recipe and I do mean steal. No leeway or anything given to this person who did this. Frankly a swift kick would be a way to go...I'm proud of your telling them off and don't you dare apologize. Barbara, we all love our mom's and there is no call to be so darn rude. That person would get the cold shoulder from me and as for saying your forgiven!!!! When pigs fly... Take it for what it's worth Barbara, rudeness..Payback will come one day and may you see it and listen to the squeeling when it does come...Know your both loved and cared for
kades
thank you for the love!! sending a big hug your way!!

kades
Thanks! All I know is that if I ever have to go to battle against anyone in a dark alley, I want you (and James! LOL) with me!

Handi-Vac Discontinued

Minor but annoying.

I decided to pull out my Handi-Vac for the first time in a while. I needed bags and none were to be found at the store. So I go online to Reynold's and see that they have been discontinued. :mad:
where_to_buy.asp

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

AUTO BODY SHOP SAYS NO CAR TILL MAYBE NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!

that will be a month!!

Minor but annoying.

I decided to pull out my Handi-Vac for the first time in a while. I needed bags and none were to be found at the store. So I go online to Reynold's and see that they have been discontinued. :mad:
where_to_buy.asp
i have one of those!! they are fairly new WTH? i wouldn't have bought it if i knew it was going to be disposable!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG
img_850978_1_a89bc53ebd5bb4c01681484db6185495.gif

i have one of those!! they are fairly new WTH? i wouldn't have bought it if i knew it was going to be disposable!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG
img_851005_0_a89bc53ebd5bb4c01681484db6185495.gif

i have one too, i love it . a bummer soon won't be able to use. amazon is selling bags in boxes of 24 for 30.00 i think, plus shipping. i am thinking would just be cheaper to throw away. they said didn't sell enough. :-p

i have one too, i love it . a bummer soon won't be able to use. amazon is selling bags in boxes of 24 for 30.00 i think, plus shipping. i am thinking would just be cheaper to throw away. they said didn't sell enough. :-p
i heard it works on the ziplock vac bags. i guess i will try that.

I get annoyed with people that ask for advice, then when they get what they ask for, are rude and disrespectful in return.
If they know so much about what they need to do, then don't ask for advice.

Sometimes there is a language issue that makes people sound harsher than intended. I know the thread you are referring to. Without meaning to be rude though, I did think you were a little blunt too. So maybe it is bit of irking each other? Or maybe neither of you intended to be that way and it just comes over to the reader in those instances, fueling each other on. It does happen.

I just found that there was a negative remark about every helpful suggestion made. and yes, it is irksome. I was offended by the "duh!" comment. What I suggested was quite reasonable and quite frankly, common sense. I didn't need to be treated as though I was stupid for suggesting something that diet experts everywhere recommend. If you don't want it eaten, don't put it in the cupboard.

how would you seal it. perfectly willing to try, no frost bite on any of my meat using the ones that came with it.

i was told once that you can use a straw to suck out all the air. lol. somehow that does not appeal. just silly:LOL:
not the regular old ziplock bags. ziplock came out with their version of the reynolds handi-vac and they have the vac bags to go with the ziplock vac machine. i read that the ziplock vac bags can be used with the handi vac machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom