Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
went shopping yesterday. Evey where we went, kids with runny noses and coughs and sneezing. don't these mom's have a clue. keep your sick child at home. not good for kid, should be sleeping , having soup etc.

make me just a bit angry. we went in one store, and took baby lilly in with us. usually i stay in car with lilly. i soon sent granddaughter back to the car with lilly. didn't want to expose her to what ever these kids have

be responsible and don't spread germs, it's flue time.

[Movie Monster Rant mode on]

You guys know when the movies first came out in black & white then they colorized the movies? You know how the vampires Actually couldn't go out in the sun because it would harm them or kill them? Werewolf's could only change during the full moon? And you had to be bitten by either creature you can contract the desise? ( by movie lore any hoo )

Well I hate what they've done with the beloved movie monsters, First the creator of blade gave the vampires the ability to walk out in the sun for some time. Then they would have to drink or get a serum shot. And the people at the STUPID twilight are making the vampires people friendly by letting them walk and do everything in the day light with out a serum or drink. And the people at the twlight series RUINING the werewolf monster by letting them change anytime with out or with out the moon.

[Movie Monster Rant mode off]

I know what you mean, I love good horror movies and you don't monkey with perfection. Christopher Lee was the Dracula I grew up with, he turned into a bat, couldn't stand the sun and was scared of crosses, my kind of Vampire!:devilish:

While I agree partially with all of you. Where would the story go after what we already know? They walk by night,sleep by day,. How many times do we have to read this before it becomes so old we know it by heart.Wouldn't that just push us to find another venue to keep us interested about what will happen next?
Do you suppose the writers are trying to give us something new to make our blood tingle?

kadesma;)
I can see where you are coming from Kads, but if they want to make my blood tingle as you dilligently put it, I would say don't fix something that's not broken, and at least make the back ground & 3d actors better. Because all the movie monsters seems to be turning back into teenagers again. That's not good.

Now look at Teen wolf with Michael J fox, It was an ok movie but the background and the actors were natural and blended well.

Yeah the customs may been crappy but least everything fit together.

Anyways rant done.

By the way to everyone who is wondering why the site was done, It got hacked and some kid uploaded a virus that hurt the server, So they took the server ( site ) offline while they assessed the damage.

I enjoy the Twilight series. A book or movie doesn't have to follow tradition. It's not meant to be an old fashioned vampire movie. The writer thought outside the box - that's what makes a great book/movie, no matter what kind it is.

By the way to everyone who is wondering why the site was done, It got hacked and some kid uploaded a virus that hurt the server, So they took the server ( site ) offline while they assessed the damage.
What an [edited]. Why would someone do that? Nothing to gain here. No CC #'s or personal info.

Last edited by a moderator:
went shopping yesterday. Evey where we went, kids with runny noses and coughs and sneezing. don't these mom's have a clue. keep your sick child at home. not good for kid, should be sleeping , having soup etc.

make me just a bit angry. we went in one store, and took baby lilly in with us. usually i stay in car with lilly. i soon sent granddaughter back to the car with lilly. didn't want to expose her to what ever these kids have

be responsible and don't spread germs, it's flue time.

Same thing with any kid that has to be kept home from school. Flu, chicken pox, etc. These kids should be at home recuperating not out shopping with their parents.

I am now enjoying the Vampire Diaries, and Supernatural. I love that they are on one right after the other, so I get horror fix on Thursday evenings.

Favoritism on the boards, that's my vent. Thought I'd get it out before I end up leaving this place.

I just got a little worked up over nothing, just that I see some folks like to be THE authority on everything and no one can disagree.

venting about people that can't make a decision. i used to cook the whole thanksgiving menu by myself . last year i bowed out. i am to old for all that work. in an case here we are the the younger set (50 being the oldest) can't decide what to do, dinner here, or a sat buffet. dinner on the day , my favorite. just decide already. tell me what to bring and get on it. another thing , they seem to buy a lot of ready made desserts.

I hear ya... I have a brother-in-law that can't make a decision about anything, although he serves on boards, has an important job, etc... Drives us nuts, too.

...they seem to buy a lot of ready made desserts.
No kidding, I decided a number of years ago I was not going to make another pie for a family dinner, I wanted to try my hand at other things. I even offered to show those interested how to make the pie crust that they loved. No takers and now, whoever just brings a store pie for dessert. I've stuck to my guns and every year I change things up a bit, serving something old and new, knocking the socks off everyone. This year will be a Mediterranean style meal and the apartment smells heavenly.

Oh boy does this sound familiar. I stopped making the Holiday Meals for everyone and guess what no one else wanted to do it after I quit! I didn't know what to think after since I never got invited to anyone elses after all the work I put into the many meals and didn't get much help doing them either. I can only chalk it all up to laziness on the part of everyone else. Oh well too bad for them, I'm still enjoying a great meal with just me and hubby. To me this is pretty sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom