Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a vent

ok, so this is not really a vent but scared you-know-whatless. Someone rang my doorbell and my husband's not home. THe dog went wild and there's police all around my house and surrounding houses. I'm still shaking. But I think whoever it was knows people are looking for him. Dang, I was sleeping so good too! lol Anyway, I just had to talk to someone - I don't want to call my husband because he's got to get up really early for meetings.

I love you guys - thanks for being here.

Make sure everything's locked up tight. Leave the lights on in the front room. Sleep with your phone right at hand, and please be careful!

I hope you are feeling ok. It must be very scary. Wasabi gave good advice. If you hear ANYTHING suspicious again, call the police. If they are already looking than they will be glad or the lead, and they would surely rather come over and check your place and NOT find something than not come and either leave you worrying or put you in danger. So don't feel you can't. I would put the lights on throughout the house so that anyone approaching will have to risk being illuminated. Draw the curtains of where you are but let the light spill out elsewhere.

Meanwhile have a nice, comforting drink....I would have a cup of tea being british!, and if you can't go back to sleep stay and chat to us!

The great thing about DC is there is always someone else online!

I was going to work at home today because I have to take daughter to the orthodontist around noon anyway.

Can't connect to the office network and can't get Word to open either - only my office email is working so that I can tell everyone how useless I will be today.

But at least I can hang out with you guys, so that's a good thing!

I had a similar thing happen to me once, only I wasn't home. I was driving home and found my home surrounded by police. I parked a block away and cautiously approached. Turned out a neighbor had gone postal ... luckily she was unarmed and dangerous only to herself. I've also lived in some rough neighborhoods. I learned that people's natural inclination is to go outside when they hear gunfire or sirens. NO! Lock doors and move loved ones and phone to an interior room.

I HATE CARS.

My car goes to the garage tomorrow to be serviced and smartened up for sale. Meanwhile I am looking to buy something old and beat up, but safe, to drive from UK to Italy in, and back, once a year with my stuff in, and my cats. (My current car is a teeny tiny sporty one and I need a big cage for the cats for such a long journey, not small carriers).

So, everytime I get an AA check on a car I think I'll buy it FAILS. My husband and father are both hopeless with cars too and I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. I just want a cheap diesel 4x4 that is going to resist the inevitable crash in Italy and let me get out a live. Its because I know its a matter of when and not if I crash ion Italy that I don't want to put a lot of money in to the car but all the cheap ones seem dangerous or macanically unsound. I can't join my husband in Italy again until I have found the wretched, an mythical, safe old car. I HATE CARS. When I settle back in UK I'm getting a Vespa. :(

lulu - I'm still unclear - do you hate cars? Come on, don't mince words, tell us what you think!! :ROFLMAO: :angel: (I hate cars too)

I just picked up all the dog's toys/bones/balls, etc. putting them in a box and she is pulling every one back out - placing the bones all around the house where she had them!!!!!!!!! :mad: She has taken her favorite dead animals (I say "dead" because the stuffing is gone out of them) and placed them back by her food bowl - before she takes a bite of food she picks one up and slings it (I guess "killing" it?) before she eats her food. Is this her version of killing her prey before she eats?

elf, how about getting rid of her 'dead' toys and taking her to the pet store to pick out a new one or two? My dog loves her toys so much that the stuffing magically comes out...go figure ;) So, about once every 6 months, I get rid of the icky ones and replace them.

PS - for those of you following my neighbor issues, 3 days ago she put a plastic bag over my owl and tied a blue ribbon around the bottom so it wouldn't blow off. I stomped out to the garden, had my own ribbon-cutting ceremony and tossed her bag & bow over the wall.

jkath - what a neighbor!!!!!!!!! I think "kitty" will help a lot!

We do take her fairly often to pick out new toys - it only takes about 2 hours for her to get the stuffing out of them though (most of the time more like 30 minutes). We can't get them too often because she ingests some of the filling - which does not act like a FIBER! ...if you know what I mean. Her poor little system gets a tad clogged. One time I thought she must be dieing!!!!! After it rained later that day and washed "everything" away I realised it was red tennis ball fuzz :ROFLMAO: :sick:

well.. my new freezer just arrived. And then went away again...

It was dented very badly on both sides. I refused delivery!!!! The delivery man said this happens all the time! IT DOES??? Well why don't they do something about it? They'll be bringing a new one (again) on Saturday. Sigh.

Make Difference

I don't think that is as bad as having delivery men show up at 5:30 on Friday night and tell me they can't get it into the kitchen when it is the same size as the old one! They left it on the breezeway w/doors off and all my food on the counters. They advised me to go to the store tomorrow and buy smaller one. HO HO HO. It was middle of July and no air condioning in the house. I won't ever forget that. We had to call on some friends to put the thing together and move into the kitchen. At least my food was saved. The name of the company was SEARS.

Sears

pdswife said:
ok, you win. But.. I'm still mad. lol.

Yep, We bought this one at SEARS too.

I thought SEARS was like a god at our house. Whatever we got was from SEARS! I am so sorry to see how they are treating their customers. I purposely mentioned the name as i wouldn't wish this experience to happen to no one. I truly won't forget this and I know you won't either. Had to get dryer and pay for delivery but what a difference. They came at the time expected and even swept behind the appliance for me. Do I appreciate when people do their jobs but why is there a extra cost involved for them to do this?

pdswife, why do I always win at the wrong time? Hope your freezer comes perfect and that you have good luck w/it. I look at my fridge and remember the incident connected w/it.

and it continutes... so... they were supposed to deliver the new freezer last night between four and six. At 7:30 they finally call and say that they are at the top of my road and REFUSE to drive down with their big truck. It's TOOOOO dark! Well, it wasn't dark at four o'clock and it wasn't even dark at six o'clock. If they'd come on time then I'd have my freezer!!!! Ok, I understand how they could get behind on their deliveries... but, I'm still feeling the need to vent. They've promised to bring it Monday before 2:00 pm. It'd better be in good shape and they'd better be on time... or I'll cry.

We are getting a 75 dollar gift card for all our hassles though. I guess that's a good thing. : )

Don't they have lights on their truck? How did they manage to get back to the store? It doesn't inspire much confidence in their driving skills.

No... no it doesn't. I think they were just tooo lazy to want to deliver one more thing in an already busy day. Boo -hiss at them.

Venting

My Arthritis has been really bad for the past week. I am very stiff in the morning when I first wake up - then I take my cane and walk around the condo for a little while.

I am having a lot of trouble with my right arm and at night when I go to sleep I am up half the night because of the pain.

My doctor gave me prescriptions for Vicodin and Motrin (800 mg) tablets for the pain but nothing seems to help. I do have cold packs to put on my knees to lower the swelling and sometimes that helps a bit.

Sorry about my problem but I am very unhappy and in a lot of pain.

shpj4 said:
My doctor gave me prescriptions for Vicodin and Motrin (800 mg) tablets for the pain but nothing seems to help. I do have cold packs to put on my knees to lower the swelling and sometimes that helps a bit.

Sorry about my problem but I am very unhappy and in a lot of pain.
Wow; I'm sorry you have all this pain to deal with. A man who works for me suffers terribly from arthritis, and his doctor prescribes something called Mobic. It seems to help him a great deal with the pain. Might be worth asking your doc about it.

Jill, I suffer from arthritis also. I feel your pain, girl. I pray you will get some relief soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom