Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Goodweed,
You've helped with your post more than you know or I can reallly say. You just seem to always have a way of lifting me up when I find myself slumping a little. Thank you.
kadesma

So sorry your having to go through this kads and michele :( . My cat Trinket is getting up in years....about 12 now and I don't know what I'll do when the time comes for her and I to say goodbye. She's more than a cat she's like one of my children. I know I've never loved an animal as much as I love her. I know when I lost my teddy bear hampster "Rollie" last year I bawled like a baby. People I'm sure thought I was crazy but I loved that little guy. Same for my fish "Fishy Conner" who always greated me at the tank and followed my finger whereever it moved. Its amazing how much joy and love animals bring into our lives.

OK, my vent is that my computer is making me NUTS! We need to get a new stick of RAM, (or maybe a new computer!) because this silly thing keeps crashing when I try to do more than one thing at a time. I can either have DC open or my email, but not both! ARGH!!! Phooey phooey phooey!!

For the last three nights, Sofie has woken up around 3:30 wide awake. She doesn't want to play and isn't fussy, she's just awake.:shock: The only thing that she seems to want is for me to rock/walk her. After about an hour and a half she falls back asleep but I'm too tired to do the same. I'm so beat! Last night I tried to wake up DH and he snapped at me, saying he needed to sleep because he was the one that had to work today. Grrrr...:mad:

I'm sure that this is just a phase for Sof, but in the meantime, I'm in such a grouchy, sleepy fog. Ugh!:(

PA - I feel for you. My son never went through that but I remember my girlfriend saying her daughter did. She would wake in the middle of the night and want to play with toys in the closet and pick out clothes to wear. I think she was a bit older than Sof but only by a few months. I remember once she took her to lay on the couch and watch a video and then back to bed. Maybe that will help. In the meantime, hang in there and keep going on to eat! Remember to take your nap, too!

pdswife, i know asking you this is stupid, but have you tried very strong caffeinated coffee to head off a migraine? i've heard that it can prevent them.

poopsie :) , sorry to hear sof is keeping you up. my little guy gets up and comes into bed once a week or so, always at 4 am-ish. fortunately, since i've worked so many midnight shifts this year he doesn't expect me to be there, so he only wants dw to put him back in his room. :angel:
you have to make mr. baker help out now, or she'll only want you and you'll end up having to get up every time.

my vent today is based on my own stupidity. i have to renew my driver's license, and post 9/11 you have to prove your identity with several forms of i.d..
i gathered all of my documents, went to the dmv office, waited on line for my form, then on line again to prove my i.d., then to get my picture taken when i finally read a sign that stated they only take cash or check. i had no check and not enough cash, so i just wasted an hour and a half standing there like an idiot.
cash in hand, i have to go back tomorrow morning after work. me and 10,000 other idiots that waited until the last day of the month to renew. :huh: :(

buckytom

Don't like to say this, but is there some kind of lesson in this senario? Only thing to do is accept it and know that this too shall pass. If I just stop and think must be reason, seems to be lot easier. Who knows who you will meet standing in line? You may help someone make their day or visa versa they will help you. Whatever try to keep your sense of humor and smile. Don't think I am making light of your problem! You need a driver's license and remember we are thinking of you.

Sorry about your headache pds...... here's an interesting site for you to check out http://www.ehow.com/how_7661_avoid-getting-migraines.html

Bummer Bucky.......I completely feel for you.....I hate going to the DMV let alone 2 days in a row.

My vent.........I rarely vent but I'm so upset with the negligent and lazy staff I work with on a particular section. I don't work this section but maybe 4 times out of 2 weeks. If you don't know I work in a nursing home and the people there depend on us to perform our jobs to the utmost. Well the 2 full time nurses that work the section have no drive.....their just there to pass their medications basically and as far as anything else.....if it gets done then it gets done.....that kind of attitude. They allow the CNA's to run the unit. Well its their title to be in charge of these CNA's and designate assignments and supervise them.......well they don't so ultimately when other nurses come to the unit we assign assignments and supervise and take action when things aren't being done like they should and the CNA's have severe tantrams and outburst and retaliate....which means your the bad guy because you've came in and distrubed their world and they don't want to give up that control that was given to them by the other nurses I mentioned before.

I finally had my fill, last night, at asking them to answer the lights and alarms and countless other tasks they were suppose to do or have already completed. Personally, I was running around like a chicken with its head just off answering call lights and alarms because none of the other staff showed any concern or attempts to answer them......granted all the lights weren't always ignored but a vast majority of them. So much more occured but I'd have writters cramp if I typed it all out. Anyway I went to my Director of Nursing today with a typed out copy of all the events that took place last night and she has assured me that she'll talk to the Administrator about it and that changes will be taking place and they will back me fully. What cracks me up is that I'm one of the few nurses that actually will jump in and help with tolieting and changing the patients.

What truely frustrates me the most is that I treat my patients as one of my loved ones and when their lights are being ignored or I feel their not getting the care they should by a CNA or another nurse it truely upsets me.

Thanks for listening......I just have no tolerance for people that have the attitude "I'm busy let someone else do it or thats not my resident".....errrr!

Sizz - I understand this completely - I worked in a Nursing Home owned by Genesis - I would cry at times with frustration for my patients - I worked on the long term unit - We had 30 patients apiece - some nurses should not be nurses at all - If I walked in a room to give meds and the patient was upset I COULD NOT AND WOULD NOT just move on to the next patient - needless to say this did not go over well with some. Example - Mildred was crying for her husband(who had died 20 years ago) I would tell her that he was at work and asked me to keep her company - I could not see a reason to tell her he had died - Why make her suffer all over again??? Hard to explain the entirity on here - If you would like to talk please PM me your number - I know the burden and frustration of it all!!!!

Hello SizzlininIn. I read a few blogs by healthcare workers (paramedics, ambulance drivers, etc.) in the States and the UK. By and large, they are quite scathing about nursing homes for the elderly, largely for the problems you outline.

I especially enjoy Street Watch: Notes of a Paramedic. His blog entries are usually very moving or informative and always well written. His post for 10 November is especially heartening. You'll have to look down the following list in the following link to find the right one:

http://medicscribe.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

The title is The Edge of the World. Sounds like you're just the kind of person to provide this kind of quality care.

buckytom said:
but, but, what if you're wrong, alix? :cool: (running away......)

my vent today is as i was working on cleaning up the yard, a coupla kids pulled up and tried to steal my neighbors car. right in front of me, in the middle of the day.

did they think i was gonna stand by and watch them?

dw and a few neighbors called the cops as i chased them around the neighborhood; thru back yards, over fences and shrubs. man am i getting old and slow and fat.

the little f**kers got away, but because i chased them they had to leave behind a car that they'd stolen earlier this morning. the police got a lot of prints, so i hope they are in the system. i told the cops i'll be happy to id them.

now dw is mad at me becasue she thinks if they are ganged up, they'll retalliate against us for ruining their fun. also, she thinks i was crazy for chasing them because i could have been shot.

i guess she's right, but it was just instinct to go after them.
I have to admit I would have done the same as you did - I tend to act then think of what could happen - Be carefull though it is a wacky world we live in!!! Bet they do not try to steal your neighbors car again though!!!

pdswife said:
I'm getting a migrane... second one this week. Dang it!!!!!

I also suffer from migranes - My doc put me on Imitrex -(I use the pills and once in awhile the shot) It is the only thing that has ever worked for me - I do not suffer any side effects from it either - You may want to ask your Doc about it -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom