Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you wouldn't believe how much stuff i get handed to fix. from giant tv sets to laptops full of coffee and soda, to car electronics that have singe marks on them.

i have a pile of stuff to get to, which is why i spend so mouch time here. :)

were to start :wacko:. How about i have 2 beautiful,smart girls one about to graduate..and they are driving me crazy be not going or not doing work or i just don't know. They are so smart i just don't get it.i try my best to encourage,help talk to teachers..but for nothing.

Now the other half~yeah him:(. we have been together for 91/2 years and he tells me he is not happy and if things don't change -get this- in 2 months he is leaving.We have a 4 year old. But i'm so horrible that i have to change..not him me.He says the girls aren't the issue,even though he can't handle their school situation much. i apparantly di something the other day to tick him off and he didn't speak to me for like a day and a half.
How is this supposed to be a marry christmas???:( :(
and i bought him tickets to the tragically hip...:ohmy: .I still love him and just can't get what is going on.He is not happy with his postion in life at his age, not happy where we live,what he does for work,my girls,me ---OMG
He is being a real S@#$ and so unfair.
Thank you for listening.I feel much better getting that off my chest,mind,shoulders..

buckytom said:
you wouldn't believe how much stuff i get handed to fix. from giant tv sets to laptops full of coffee and soda, to car electronics that have singe marks on them.

i have a pile of stuff to get to, which is why i spend so mouch time here. :)

What a lot of stuff you can fix them!!!!
I just tried to fix my favorite DVD player but its working curcuit too complicate. then I brought it to service shop.

I am amazed in your ability, wish I could do like you.

During last night's snow storm we only got a couple of inches of snow. The problem is that it fell as a sloppy wet snow and when it froze overnight it set up like concrete and was very slippery. I spent most of my day chipping, scraping, and throwing down deicer to get rid of the stuff.:glare: Luckily, it warmed up to 40 degrees F. this afternoon which made the job easier.:)

SierraCook said:
During last night's snow storm we only got a couple of inches of snow. The problem is that it fell as a sloppy wet snow and when it froze overnight it set up like concrete and was very slippery. I spent most of my day chipping, scraping, and throwing down deicer to get rid of the stuff.:glare: Luckily, it warmed up to 40 degrees F. this afternoon which made the job easier.:)

That's rough!! When we get winter weather, that's what it normally does here. And believe me, the last place you want to be with ice on the roads is Texas. I will be the first to admit that we CANNOT drive on ice. Shoot, most of the driver's have a hard time in the rain:LOL:
hope the weather get's better for you!!

at least you'll have a white-ish christmas, sc. hope it's a very merry one for you and your family. :santa:

it's foggy, warm, wet, and very un-christmas-like here. yuk. at least the lights on the house look nice since everything's so wet. hmmm, where did i put the fire extinguisher?

suttisak, thank you. my ability to fix stuff comes from taking apart (and occasionally getting back together :angel: ) a lot of my mom and dad's stuff when i was a kid.

now that i think about it, i'd better go get some them some really nice gifts this year.

SC, UGH! I hate the "oatmeal" snow. We have had PILES of snow this winter, which is really unusual for us. (Yes, I know you think of Canada as being perpetual winter but really its not) Our city fathers in all their wisdom waited 3 weeks after the last HUGE snowfall to send out the plows. There was some serious road rage, and we just heard about folks threatening the bobcat drivers if they didn't move faster. Honestly, what a world. It is finally all done and the weather has warmed up enough to melt things a bit too. But I digress, SC, be careful out there and I hope it melts enough for safe driving.

Christmas Eve

Well, it is Christmas Eve. Our furnace isn't working. Who wants to call someone to have it repaired and ruin their Christmas. We'll just wait until after. Maybe it will be cheaper!

Dear ITK, just cuddle up with your dear family and hold each other close. Bask in the warmth of love and family and enjoy the joy of Christmas. Perhaps Mother Nature or the furnace gods thought you could weather the problem loving each other. Nuke some hot chocolate and sing carols together. Pile on the blankets and fall asleep in each other's arms and wait for Santa to arrive. Could be the lemonade part of lemons. You may never know what silver lining lies ahead. Merry Christmas. Be safe.

itk, you never know, the furnace guy might not be religious, or might need the money from getting a call.
often, they are subcontractors that are well paid by the mother company for their duties.

i like k.t.e's idea of body heat, but you shouldn't suffer in any way, just so you don't impose on someone else's day.

wait until the repair man complains before you feel like crap about it...

a favourite expression: you can't cross that bridge until you get there.

I agree with buckytom, itk. Any repairmen (or women) not willing to go out on Christmas will be unreachable anyway.

:) Barbara

Appropriate

Could anything make you more depressed than not having the furnace working and it be the biggest holiday of the year! I guess I'll call repairman as last nite was rough. Couldn't sleep anyway worrrying that the weather is calling for rain and sleet. Thanks for all your interest. I know reading this particular column sure makes me count my blessings.

Going to church last night with so many others made me feel encouraged that many have not forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. Something always special about going to church at midnight.

In the Kitchen said:
Could anything make you more depressed than not having the furnace working and it be the biggest holiday of the year! I guess I'll call repairman as last nite was rough. Couldn't sleep anyway worrrying that the weather is calling for rain and sleet. Thanks for all your interest. I know reading this particular column sure makes me count my blessings.

Going to church last night with so many others made me feel encouraged that many have not forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. Something always special about going to church at midnight.
Lets us know if you get it fixed, please do have a Merry Christmas !

It is very sad that you can't get a repairman to come out and fix whatever is wrong on Christmas eve or on Christmas Day.

In The Kitchen I am sorry about your Furnace.

I Am Warm

Thanks to all of you I took your advice and called someone for the furnace. Warned us the service call would be time and half and if he didn't have part to repair would have to wait till tomorrow. Took your advice and asked him to come over. Lo and behold, it was thermostat of all things. The furnace stopped last month and that bill cost us over $400. So what else is new? Got to pay it! I am fixing something to eat for us and can do so without all the clothes on. Going to bed knowing there is no heat in house is scary feeling. When our electric was out for more than 5 days due to storms, they warned us not to turn over on for heat. Carbon monixide from oven can build up. I never worried about these things before.

I do thank all of you and I mean it. I am hoping you all have the best Christmas and that your house and hearts are all warm. You are all a special gift to me. I do appreciate your time, understanding and shraing your suggestions.

My floors are even getting warm. I sure hope this isn't a monthly thing. Got to think positive.

I went out to put our pork tenderloin for xmas dinner on the grill and it was covered with mold! Blech! dh scraped it and sprayed it all off. Now we have it on to burn away whatever was left behind. I think I'll give it 10 minutes before putting the food on. I hope that does it. I don't want us all to be sick tomorrow! :sick:

ITK; I'm glad you got toasty in your home. And Corazon; I hope your pork was ok and all is well with you and your family.

My gripe is simple. My OS is old. I'm still running Windows 98. The problem is that I just got an external DVD burner for Christmas, a very nice one that will burn double-sided DVD's up to 8.5 Gig. But my OS doesn't support it. I'm going to have to upgrade to Windows 2000 at the very least, but probably will upgrade to Windows XP Pro.

The problem with this is that Windows 98 is DOS based, which allows me to run the interface program for communicating with the Phone Systems at work. And when I'm on call (every other week for the whole week, 24/7), when I get called, usually I can fix the problems remotely from my home PC. I won't be able to do that when I upgrade as the interface program requires a DOS-based OS and from Windows 2000 up, the OS is no longer DOS based.

I've been told that I can set up my hard drive in partitions and operate a dual boot, one using Windows 98, and the other using the upgraded OS. If I can do that (and I have no clue how to do it), then I'll be able to use my new DVD burner and still run my interface program to the Phone Systems.

If there are any guru's out there who know how to partition a hard drive and run a dual boot, pm me with a procedure. I'll trade you straight accross, the procedure that I use for your choice of one of my cookbooks. I offer four titles. Crewsk tells me she likes hers.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Do their parents know they are doing these things? You might want to say something to them, unless you think it will just lead to something more harmful than fruit or ducks (that's awful). Thank goodness they are moving.

:mad: Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom