Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catfish

Note to self: Go try catfish in KY and MS. And anywhere else! Found a wonderful little restaurant passing through Lexington, KY, (no catfish though) and made it a point to stop there again on my next cross-country drive.

Hmmm, benchmarks. Well, I'm not too picky, but a nice cornmeal-based breading, lightly seasoned. Last night's was fresh, wonderfully seasoned, not too heavy on the salt. I like to taste the fish. Fried golden-crisp, large fillet, piping hot inside and just done. At home if I pan-fry, I use higher ratio of cornmeal-to-flour. Bacon grease for a treat if I have it. My family thinks I'm strange - I don't use tartar sauce. Kind of a purist that way, it's the fish I want. But I have a weakness for remoulade, so if it's there, I'm dippin'!

It's good to get back in the area. We spent 3 years in Idaho, where they consider catfish to be trash fish. Bottom-feeders. hmmph, so are lobsters and crabs.... I love the south!!! ;)

Think I have strep throat. Ick. Just waiting for the Dr's office to open so I can go and find out for sure.

Nope, it sure isn't. The Dr mentioned I probably picked it up in the hospital when I took Mom in this week. Stupid hospitals! LOL.

I got some antibiotics (the really expensive ones since I'm allergic to the other two cheaper varieties!) and a truly wonderful gargle thing to numb the pain in my throat. I can swallow without pain now! WOOHOO!

Hey, I'm going over to Celebrations now.

Oh no Alix, just as a weekend arrives, so does strep throat, isn't it ironic, don't you think!! :(
Take care and hope it will pass soon!!

Alix, I think Ken needs to go to the local ice cream store and buy you a big hand-packed tub of your favorite flavor. It's for your health after all;)

Thanks guys. I think maybe I WILL send him to get me ice cream. The sad part is, the tub might not ever make it home!

Alix said:
Thanks guys. I think maybe I WILL send him to get me ice cream. The sad part is, the tub might not ever make it home!

I see only one solution to that problem... TWO tubs! If some is good, more is better! Yummmm :-p

I like the way you think Katalyst! LOL.

Thanks again for all the support you guys, I'm on the road to recovery. I still hurt, but if I keep up with the ibuprofen regularly its manageable.

I'm glad you are starting to feel better Alix. I have been dealing with bronchitis, but I would take that over strep any day!

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
I'm glad you are starting to feel better Alix. I have been dealing with bronchitis, but I would take that over strep any day!

:) Barbara

Me too Barbara. Strep feels like knives in your throat. Icky. You feel better soon too, I'll send you some of my chicken soup to share.

Thanks SierraCook, I'm feeling almost normal again.

A friend has cancer......

I found out a few weeks ago that a friend has cancer. She is currently going through radiation treatments and is doing quite well, considering. It is just frustrating to see someone that has taken great care of herself has this trouble. To make her feel better one of my coworkers has came up with the idea of making her a quilt, so we are all contributing a square. I have been working hard on my square the last week and that is why I have not been around on DC. I would appreciate your kind thoughts for my friend and thanks for being such great people.

My mom is very, very sick. I was ready to hop in the truck and drive two days to get to her, but she says no, not now. I think going to see her will make her feel like she's dying, and she isn't ready for that. I'm tired of the bad weather, and sick at heart abot Mom. I guess I'm lucky, my husband made me put on my snow boots, and we walked Main Street for a pub crawl. It made me feel good to see how many people here like us, and made me remember why I moved here.

Claire, sorry to hear your news. It must make you feel quite powerless, your mom being at such a distance. Sounds like you have a good husband who knows how to make you feel appreciated, though.

Well this job prospect just keeps dragging out. Finally my nursing license went before the board that hires and that should of been the end of it and my being hired. Well since I put in the application and the time it went before the hiring board they implemented a new process to where you have to fill out all this other paperwork...... its basically putting in the same darn information you did when you filled out your application..... just so redundant and mind baffling..... thats the government for you :wacko: . I just got off the phone with the human resource lady and asked her to email me a scanned copy of my application so that it won't take so much time to refill all this information out. I'm not kidding it took me at least an hour to fill that application out to begin with.

Claire, if you Mom is well enough to be stubborn, thats a good thing. (She sounds a bit like my Mom). I know that doesn't stop your worry or heartache though. Sending you a virtual hug.

Sizz, how IRRITATING! Bureaucracy at its finest. Its almost like the final test before you are allowed to get to work. Sheesh!

SierraCook said:
I found out a few weeks ago that a friend has cancer. She is currently going through radiation treatments and is doing quite well, considering. It is just frustrating to see someone that has taken great care of herself has this trouble. To make her feel better one of my coworkers has came up with the idea of making her a quilt, so we are all contributing a square. I have been working hard on my square the last week and that is why I have not been around on DC. I would appreciate your kind thoughts for my friend and thanks for being such great people.
SC,
what a wonderful thing you all are doing for your friend. Your friend will be in my prayers. Bless your heart, you are such a lovely person, thoughtful and kind.

kadesma

Claire said:
My mom is very, very sick. I was ready to hop in the truck and drive two days to get to her, but she says no, not now. I think going to see her will make her feel like she's dying, and she isn't ready for that. I'm tired of the bad weather, and sick at heart abot Mom. I guess I'm lucky, my husband made me put on my snow boots, and we walked Main Street for a pub crawl. It made me feel good to see how many people here like us, and made me remember why I moved here.
Claire,
I'm sorry to hear your mom is ill. Will keep her in my thoughts and hope she is better soon.

kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom